This is precisely what you have been doing here at IIT.
这正是你们在伊利诺伊理工大学所做的事情。
You have taken a financial risk -- or maybe not you, maybe your parents -- by attending this great university.
来这所伟大学府求学,你们可能会承受财务风险,也可能是不是你们,而是你们的父母承担了财务风险。
And you have transformed yourself through learning.
你们已经通过学习改变了自己。
You are no longer the person who stepped into the classroom and into the dorm on the first day.
你们已经不再是第一天踏入教室、第一天踏入宿舍的那个人。
So I encourage you to take "smart risks" and, and to raise your risk-tolerance to the next level.
所以我鼓励你们去承担“聪明的风险”,并将你们的风险承受能力提高到一个新的水平。
The next level is the global level.
这一新的水平就是世界级水平。
In today's hyper-connected world,
在当今高度互联化的世界中,
I think it is more important than ever to take a global perspective in your personal and professional life.
我认为在个人和职业生活中拥有全球视野比以往任何时候都更为重要。
Forty-eight percent of you -- the IIT students -- are non-U.S. nationals hailing from 97 countries,
在你们这些伊利诺伊理工大学学生中,有48%是来自美国以外的97个国家或地区,
which shows, by the way, the remarkable openness and pulling power of this university.
这表明这所大学具有非凡的开放性和吸引力。
Now traditionally, many of these students, post-graduation, would be thinking about staying here in the U.S.
以前,这些学生中的许多人在毕业后都会考虑留在美国。
But I know that many of you are also happily considering returning home
但是现在我了解到,你们中的许多人也会乐于考虑回到自己的国家,
to pursue opportunities in fast-growing economies, particularly in Asia and Africa.
在快速发展的经济体中寻找机会,尤其是在亚洲和非洲。
China, India, Nigeria will call you.
中国、印度、尼日利亚都会呼唤你们的。
And these students are taking a truly global view. They will overcome boundaries.
这些学生正在采取真正的全球视野。他们将超越国界。
So, too, will their American classmates who want to leave their mark on the world.
同样,他们那些想要在世界留下自己烙印的美国同学也会如此。
Think of the IIT architecture graduates who have been reshaping the skylines of cities worldwide. Mr. Baker.
想想那些一直在重塑全球城市天际线的伊利诺伊理工大学建筑学毕业生。比如说你,贝克先生。
Think of the IIT engineering and business graduates will now reshaping the world of smartphones' apps
想想工程学及商科毕业生,他们现在正在改变智能手机应用程序的世界,
that drive our social interactions, financial transactions, and media consumption.
这些应用程序将推动我们的社交互动、财务交易和媒体消费。
Whether you are from Milwaukee or Mumbai, from Chicago or Shanghai, from Paris or Panama City,
无论你是来自密尔沃基还是孟买,无论是芝加哥还是上海,无论是巴黎还是巴拿马城,
you have the opportunity to bring your act to the global stage!
你都有机会将自己的举动推向全球舞台!
Imagine, imagine that you have no boundaries, and please do not set mental boundaries for yourself -- they are usually the worse.
想象一下,你们没有国界的阻碍,请不要为自己设置心理界限--心里界限影响更恶劣。