手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 明星73个快问快答 > 正文

第62期:国际婚恋情感专家埃丝特·佩瑞尔(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Andersen   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I read somewhere that you're referred to as the patron saint of relationships, which is quite the name.

我在某处读到过你被称为感情的守护神,名字挺好听的。
Would you say that you're a believer of this title?
你能说你对这个称呼认可吗?
I mean, dear, we should never take oneself so seriously.
我是说,亲爱的,我们永远不该把自己当回事。
No. Okay, well thanks for setting that record straight,
不认可。好吧,谢谢你纠正了我的错误臆想,
but do you think that there's any misconception
你是否认为有任何想澄清关于你的误解,
that you'd like to clear up about you or what you do as a profession?
或者说关于对你职业的误解?
Being a therapist is a very lonely profession and every therapist
成为一名治疗师是一个非常孤独的职业,每一个治疗师
gets to experience some of the same things as the people that they work with. We are no different.
都要经历一些和他们一起共事的人相同的事情。我们没什么不同。
Yeah, and, what do you think is the biggest way that relationships
是的,而且,我们正在经历的这场非常严重的的疫情危机,
will be forever changed because of this massive crisis that we're going through?
你认为关系将永远改变的重大原因是什么?
I think that the inability to touch, to come close to people is going to fundamentally alter,
我认为不能相互接触,不能相互接近,将会从根本上改变人们之间的关系,
you know, and the fact that we have to walk with masks,
你知道,事实上我们必须带着口罩出门,
we can't see faces, we can't really make the connections that we are used to make.
我们看不到对方长什么样子,我们不能真正建立起我们以前建立的联系。
We're gonna have to learn a new language. And that may be easy or difficult for people, depending.
我们得学一门新语言。视情况而定,这对于人们而言可能是容易的,也可能是困难的。
But, in what ways do you think this pandemic has shifted
但是,你认为这场疫情在哪些方面改变了
your own personal priorities or your own personal perspective?
你个人的优先事项或个人想法?
I used to make plans for one or two years in advance, that is no longer the case.
我过去常常提前一年或两年计划,现在已经不再是这样了。
No way, no one needs their calendars right now. Definitely know what that feels like.
不可能,现在没有人需要他们的日程表了。我肯定知道那是什么感觉。
But, what's the first thing that you wanna do when you can make plans once this is over?
但是,当这场疫情结束之后,在你可以制定计划的时候你想做的第一件事是什么?
I'm gonna go home in New York City and I hope to get on a plane very soon.
我要回纽约的家,我希望很快就能上飞机。
I feel you on that one, Esther.
我能感觉到你有这个想法,埃丝特。
So, I did something weird recently. I started reading War and Peace.
所以,我最近做了些奇怪的事。我开始读《战争与和平》。
Apparently that's a thing right now, but what do you recommend I do when I finish that book?
显然这是现在的事情,但我读完那本书后你建议我做什么?
What should I read? Look, I am reading currently Elif Shafak,
我该读什么书?听着,我现在正在读的是埃利芙·沙法克写的
10 Minutes 38 Seconds in a Strange New World,
《在陌生世界中的十分三十八秒》,
but I'm also reading another book that's actually really, I think,
但我同时也在看另一本书,我觉得,
very interesting for the moment because it's about 1,000 adventures big and small,
这本书非常有趣,因为这本书讲述了1000个大大小小的冒险故事。

埃丝特

it's called The Bucket List. Okay. I never would read such a book,

叫《遗愿清单》。好的。我从来没有读过这样的书,
but really, since I can't go anywhere, I'm like, just dreaming away.
但真的,因为我不能去任何地方,我就像,在做梦一样。
Never has imagination been more important than right at this moment.
在这一刻,想象力从来没有像现在这样重要。
So, tell me, Freud or Jung? Jung.
告诉我,喜欢弗洛伊德还是荣格?喜欢荣格。
Seinfeld or Friends? I've never watched either.
《宋飞正传》还是《老友记》?我也从来没看过。
You gotta be kidding me. You haven't seen that?
你一定是在开玩笑。你没看过吗?
I'm not from here, sorry. All right, I'll give you a pass.
我确实没看过,抱歉。好吧,这个问题就这样过了吧。
What is your opinion on horoscopes?
你对占星术有什么看法?
When a horoscope reading is well done, it is inspiring, it's clever.
当占星术读得很好时,是鼓舞人心的,是有门道的。
Huh, so you're a fan of horoscopes. I love intuitive reading.
嗯,你痴迷于占星术。我喜欢直观解读。
Coffee mug, tea leaves, horoscopes, give it to me. Okay.
咖啡杯,茶叶,占星预言,把它给我。好的。
Now, Esther, what you say to people at this moment depends on their situation
现在,埃丝特,你此时对别人说的话是根据他们的具体的情况来的,
and so many people watching this interview are going through their own unique thing, obviously,
显而易见,很多观看本次采访的人都有各自独特的经历,
but, if I list a bunch of scenarios,
但是,如果我列出一系列的情况,
are you okay to react to them and maybe offer some thoughts?
你是否可以对这些情况做出回应,或者提供一些自己的想法?
Let's go. Okay, let's go. Yeah. So what would you say
我们开始吧。好吧,开始问吧。是的。那么,
to a person who is living alone with their daughter and their son-in-law?
对于一个单独与女儿和女婿生活在一起的人,你会怎么说呢?
Keep your precious observations to yourself
把宝贵的意见告诉自己,
and try and not to get involved in the other couple's dynamics.
尽量不要卷入另一对夫妻的关系中。
And what would you say to a couple living together who are in the midst of a divorce?
对于一对正在离婚的夫妻,你会怎么说?
You've got a task to accomplish, which means to deal with the confinement together.
你必须完成一项任务,这意味着要一起处理禁闭。
How you currently are feeling about each other is no longer a priority.
你们现在对彼此的感觉不再是优先考虑的问题。
And what would you say to parents who are at home having to homeschool while work at the same time?
你会对那些在家里一边工作一边在家上家校的家长说些什么呢?
I admire you. I'm so glad I'm on a different stage, it's tough.
我很佩服你。我很高兴自己处于不同的阶段,这很艰难。
What would you say to a long-distance couple, having no idea when they're gonna see each other again?
你会对那些不知道什么时候会再见面的异地恋夫妻或情侣说些什么吗?
Use your imagination. People, use your imagination to maintain all the connections.
发挥你的想象力。各位,发挥你们的想象力来维持所有的联系。
The most beautiful love poems have been written by people who never knew when they would meet again.
最美丽的情诗是那些永远不知道什么时候会再见面的人写的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
accomplish [ə'kɔmpliʃ]

想一想再看

vt. 完成

联想记忆
priority [prai'ɔriti]

想一想再看

n. 优先权,优先顺序,优先

 
inspiring [in'spaiəriŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人振奋的,激励人的,鼓舞人心的

 
intuitive [in'tju:itiv]

想一想再看

adj. 直觉的

 
massive ['mæsiv]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的

 
therapist ['θerəpist]

想一想再看

n. 临床医学家

 
patron ['peitrən]

想一想再看

n. 赞助人,保护人,老主顾

联想记忆
confinement [kən'fainmənt]

想一想再看

n. 拘禁,限制,分娩

 
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 
misconception ['miskən'sepʃən]

想一想再看

n. 误解,错误想法

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。