手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

佛罗里达州洞穴潜水(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's not a place for the claustrophobic.

这不是幽闭恐惧症患者来的地方。

And it's also not an easy place to work a camera!

而且这儿也不容易使用摄像机!

On the far side of the bedding plane, we come out into a larger chamber, and since there is more space, the current is lower.

在层面的另一侧,我们进入一个更大的房间,由于它的空间更大,水流也更低。

In many caves, the sandy bottom in this chamber would be a big hazard, but in this cave, any silt we kick up is carried away immediately.

在许多洞穴中,这个洞穴的沙质底部很危险。但在这个洞穴中,我们踢起的任何淤泥都会被立即冲走。

At the far end of the big chamber, just as I am getting used to the gentle current, we reach a tiny restriction.

在大洞穴的另一端,当我习惯了温和的水流时,我们就到达了一个狭窄的地方。

This cave is famous for this restriction.

这个洞穴以这种封闭性而闻名。

If you can't get through, this is as far as you can go.

如果你不能通过,这是你能到达的最远的地方。

Wayne shows me the right body angle to get through.

韦恩向我展示了要将身体通过的正确角度。

And he goes first to demonstrate.

他要先演示一下。

Most back-mount divers have to take their scuba tanks off to get through here.

大多数后挂式潜水员必须把他们的水肺罐取下来才能通过这里。

But with sidemount, we can squeeze through.

但有了侧挂式潜水,我们就能挤过去。

Again, my camera is so big that I'm more concerned about banging it on the rocks than I am about getting through the restriction.

再说一次,我的摄像机太大了,和通过这个狭小的空间相比,我更担心把摄像机撞到石头上。

The current through this tiny restriction is so powerful that I have to pull myself through.

通过这个狭窄空间的水流如此强大,我不得不把自己拉过去。

My fins are useless.

我的鳍板没用。

Two swimming pools a minute are flowing through this restriction.

两个游泳池的水在一分钟内通过了这个狭窄的空间。

I'm like a salmon fighting my way up the rapids.

我就像一条在急流中挣扎的鲑鱼。

Todd comes through too, and we continue on our way.

托德也来了,我们继续向前游。

As we work our way deeper into the cave, we are now about 100 feet deep and 400 feet into the cave.

当我们深入洞穴时,我们进入了大约100英尺的深度,400英尺深。

The passages are getting smaller.

通道越来越小了。

I find a bone on the cave floor, most likely dating back to a time during the last ice age perhaps 15,000 years ago, when this cave was dry and animals could walk in here.

我在洞底发现了一块骨头,很可能可以追溯到上一个冰河时代,大概在15000年前,那时这个洞穴很干燥,动物可以在这里行走。

Soon we reach the end of the line—literally.

我们很快就到达了终点线。

1.jpg

550 feet from the entrance.

离入口550英尺。

This is as far as divers can fit in this cave.

这是潜水员在这个洞穴里能呆的最远的地方。

We go around a corner into a section of the cave with no flow.

我们绕过一个拐角,进入一段没有水流的洞穴。

In here the water is stagnant—and murky.

这里的水是死气沉沉的。

Time to turn around and head back out.

该掉头回去了。

But things are a little different on the way out.

但在出去的路上情况有点不同。

Now we are going with the current.

现在我们顺流而下。

You might thing that makes it easier, since we don't have to fight the current.

你可能会觉得这样更容易,因为我们不必对抗水流。

But now we have two different problems.

但现在我们有两个不同的问题。

First, the current is trying to throw us into the rocks and push us through restrictions from behind.

首先,水流正试图把我们扔进岩石中,并从后面推着我们通过这个狭窄的区域。

Second, if we kick up silt, it travels downstream with us, instead of being whooshed away downstream while we swim upstream.

第二,如果我们踢起淤泥,它会跟着我们向下游移动,而不是在我们向上游游的时候被冲到下游。

When we get back to the restriction, Todd and Wayne head through first, then I squeeze through with the water pushing me hard from behind.

当我们回到狭窄的区域时,托德和韦恩先冲了过去。然后,我靠着身后的水使劲地挤了过去。

Back at the bedding plane we stop for some pictures with underwater photographer Gene Page.

返回层面后,我们停下来和水下摄影师吉恩·佩奇合影留念。

Finally we head back out into the cavern zone to decompress.

最后,我们回到洞穴区去减压。

While I'm decompressing I have time to think about this dive and compare it to other caves I have visited.

我在减压的时候,有空考虑一下这次潜水,并把它与我参观过的其他洞穴进行了比较。

In the Bahamas and the Yucatan, the caves tend to have a lot of fragile formations, almost no current and salt water under the fresh water.

在巴哈马和尤卡坦半岛,洞穴往往有许多脆弱的构造,淡水下几乎没有水流和咸水。

The caves in Florida tend to be all fresh water, often with strong water flow and very little in the way of ornamentation.

佛罗里达州的洞穴一般都是淡水,水流强劲,装饰性很差。

It's a different kind of cave diving.

这是另一种洞穴潜水。

You don't have to be as concerned about breaking fragile formations but you do have to fight the current.

你不必担心打破脆弱的构造,但你必须与水流对抗。

No matter what kind of caves I'm diving into, cave diving is an exhilarating sport that satisfies my urge to explore the unknown.

无论我潜入什么样的洞穴,洞穴潜水都是一项令人兴奋的运动,满足了我探索未知世界的欲望。

And with the caves of Florida so close and convenient, I'll definitely be back to Wayne's shop for more cave diving soon!

而且佛罗里达州的洞穴离得近,很方便,我一定会很快回到韦恩的店,再去做更多的洞穴潜水!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
gene [dʒi:n]

想一想再看

n. 基因

联想记忆
ornamentation [.ɔ:nəmen'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 装饰,修饰

 
fragile ['frædʒail]

想一想再看

adj. 易碎的,脆的,精细的

联想记忆
photographer [fə'tɔgrəfə]

想一想再看

n. 摄影师

 
hazard ['hæzəd]

想一想再看

n. 冒险,危险,危害
vt. 冒险,赌运气

 
salmon ['sæmən]

想一想再看

n. 鲑,大马哈鱼,橙红色的

联想记忆
concerned [kən'sə:nd]

想一想再看

adj. 担忧的,关心的

 
cavern ['kævən]

想一想再看

n. 大洞穴 vt. 置于洞穴中,挖空

联想记忆
silt [silt]

想一想再看

n. 淤泥 v. (使)淤塞

 
restriction [ri'strikʃən]

想一想再看

n. 限制,约束

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 虎鲨摄影师(下) 2020-05-28
  • 佛罗里达州洞穴潜水(上) 2020-06-05
  • 北卡罗来纳州的虎鲨(上) 2020-06-10
  • 北卡罗来纳州的虎鲨(下) 2020-06-16
  • 鲨鱼电感应实验(上) 2020-06-17
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。