So whether it's dealing with addiction or dealing with any issue in our lives,
不管是要应对上瘾问题 还是对于生活中别的问题
perfectionism, or whether it's improving something, first step is awareness.
完美主义 还是要改善什么 第一步就是要有意识
Second step is-there is 5 more minutes, by the way,
第二步是 还有五分钟就完
those of you who are looking at this clock-it's 5 minutes fast.
那些看着钟的同学 那钟快了五分钟
Or 4 more minutes. 4 more minutes. Focus on a reward effort.
或是四分钟 还有四分钟就完 专注于对努力的嘉奖
What Carol Dweck showed was when we focus on efforts, people's effort,
卡罗尔·徳韦克向我们展示的就是当我们专注于努力的时候
we are able to change schema that has been engrained there, and that has been there very often for years.
我们就能够改变那种根深蒂固的基模 即便这种基模已经存在了多年
So with ourselves, or with other people, it's about focusing on the journey,
所以对我们自己 或者对别人 我们应专注于旅途
focusing on and rewarding ourselves at times, even for failure, for trying.
专注 并不时地嘉奖自己 甚至是嘉奖自己的失败 自己的尝试
And within a few hours, what Carol Dweck has seen, teaching people that their mind is malleable,
在几个小时内 如卡罗尔·徳韦克所见 告诉人们他们的心是可以拓展的
teaching them actually about neuro plasticity that is not a fix, we can bring about change. Active acceptance.
告诉他们神经可塑性 并非已经定型 我们仍可以作出改变 积极的接受
Karen Horney, whom I consider one of the mothers of positive psychology has done a lot of work on neurosis.
卡伦·霍妮 我认为她是幸福学创始人之一 她在神经症领域做了很多工作
One of the thing that she found was that neurosis that we have never really goes away.
她研究所得的其中一点是神经症 它从来不会消失
It's always part of us. It becomes more manageable, but it's always there.
它总是我们的一部分 它会变得更加可控制 但是总是存在
And perfectionism at the extreme is a form of neurosis. So the thing is to accept that it will always be…
而极度的完美主义也是一种神经症 所以关键就是接受它
I always have the tendency for perfectionism and it's OK.
我总会有完美主义倾向 但是这没关系
However, whereas before, I was here on the extreme of perfectionism; now I'm much closer to the excellence extreme.
但是 在以前 我有着极度的完美主义 现在我更加接近追求卓越的极致
And it's a life long…It's an on-going process. It's an on-going process.
这是持续一生的 是不断进行的一个过程 这是不断进行的一个过程