So, I'm gonna talk to you about some things I've learned in my journey
所以,我想和你们谈谈我在我的人生之旅中学到的一些东西,
most from experience, some I heard in passing, many I'm still practicing, but all of them, I do believe are true.
多数都是亲身经历,一些是我听说的,许多我现在还在践行中,但我相信所有这些都是正确的。
Now they may be truths to me, but don't think that makes them mine, because you cannot own a truth.
不过,虽然它们对我来说可能是真理,但不要以为它们就是属于我的,因为你是不可能占有一条真理的。
So please think of these as signposts, approaches, paradigms, that give some science to satisfaction.
所以请把它们视作给幸福提供一些技巧的路标、途径和范例。
They are yours to steal. They are yours to share, liken to your own lives,
这些东西属于你,你可以偷偷地拿走,可以与人分享,可以比作你们自己的生活,
to personally apply in your own lives, in your own way, should you choose to. So, here we go:
可以亲自将其应用于你自己的人生,用你自己的方式,如果你们选择那么做。好,我们开始:
No.1: This should come up to the Jumbotron. Life's not easy. It's up there.
第一点:这应当出现在大屏幕上,生活不容易。就在大屏幕上。
Life is not easy. It is not. Don't try to make it that way.
生活不容易,不会。所以别试图让它变得一帆风顺。
Life's not fair, it never was; it isn't now; it won't ever be.
生活是不公平的,之前如此,现在也是,将来也不会公平。
Do not fall into the trap, the entitlement trap, of feeling like you're a victim: you are not.
别掉进陷阱,那些权利陷阱里,感觉自己像个受害者。你们不是。
Get over and get on with it.
要克服这种感觉,行动起来。
And yes, most things are more rewarding when you break a sweat to get 'em. Fact.
是的,只要你们付出努力,多数情况下都会得到回报。事实如此。