No. 4: Define success for yourself.
第四点:定义自己的成功。
You all really like that one? Define success for yourself.
你们都喜欢这一点吗?你们要自己定义成功。
Now check this out: I'm in the south of New Orleans a few years ago.
现在,来看看这个。几年前我在新奥尔良南部待过。
I went to a voodoo shop, and they had this wooden partition against the wall, these columns.
我去过一家伏都巫术商店,他们靠墙有一个木制隔断,上面有一些竖栏。
And in these columns were all these vials of these magic potions, right.
在那些竖栏里全是装有魔法药剂的小瓶子。
And headings above each potion defining what they would give you were things
每瓶药剂上面都标明了它们会带给你的东西,
like fertility, health, family, legal help, energy, forgiveness, money.
诸如生育、健康、家庭、法律帮助、能量、宽恕、金钱等。
Guess which column was empty? Money.
猜猜哪个竖栏是空的?金钱。
Let's admit it. Money is king today. It's what makes the world go round. It is success.
我们承认,现在是金钱至上。它让世界运转。它就是成功。
The more we have, the more successful we are, right?
我们的钱越多,我们就越成功,对吗?
Now I'd argue that our cultural values have even been financialized -- humility is not in vogue anymore, it's too passive.
我认为我们的文化价值观甚至都被金钱化了--谦逊已经不再流行,它太被动了。
It's a get-rich-quick on the Internet, riches' 15-minutes-of-fame world that we live in. And we see it every day.
我们生活的在一个可以在互联网上快速致富,富人的名声又转瞬即逝的世界。我们每天都看到这样的事情发生。
But, we all want to succeed, right?
可是我们所有人都想获得成功,对吧?
So the question we have to ask ourselves is what success is to us?
所以我们必须问自己的问题就是对我们来说,成功是什么。
What success is to you? Is it more money? That's fine. I got nothing against money.
成功对你们来说意味着什么?是挣更多的钱吗?这很好,我并不反对金钱。
Maybe it's a healthy family; maybe it's a happy marriage;
也许是拥有一个健康的家庭;也许是快乐的婚姻;
maybe it's to help other, to be famous, to be spiritually sound, to leave the world a little bit better place than you found it.
也许是帮助别人,名扬天下,心灵健全,让这个世界比你发现它时变好一点点。