职员:您好,请问我能帮您什么?
Orlando: I want to get a passport.
奥兰多:我想办理护照。
Clerk: Have you filled out the application?
职员:填申请表了吗?
Orlando: No, I haven’t.
奥兰多:还没有。
Clerk: Come back when you’ve filled it out.
职员:请您填好表格再过来。
Orlando: Okay, I’ve completed the application.

Clerk: Let me see it. You need to fill in your Social Security number here and you need to provide evidence of your citizenship. Have you ever had a passport before?
职员:我看一下,你需要在这里填写社保号码,并提供公民身份证明。之前办理过护照吗?
Orlando: No, I haven’t.
奥兰多:没有。
Clerk: In that case, you’ll need to submit a copy of your birth certificate, or if you were born outside of the country, a copy of your Naturalization Certificate or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
职员:这样的话,你需要提交一份身份证明的复印件,或者如果你是在海外出生,可以提交你的入籍证明复印件或外国出生领事报告。
Orlando: I don’t have those documents with me.
奥兰多:我没有这些文件。
Clerk: Come back when you do.
职员:只有这些文件才能办理护照。
Orlando: Okay, I’m back. I have a copy of my birth certificate.
奥兰多:好的,我很快拿来。我拿来身份证明的复印件了。
Clerk: All right. Let me see some identification.
职员:好的,我看一下你的一些证件。
Orlando: Identification?
奥兰多:证件?
Clerk: Yes, I need to see a valid driver’s license, a government ID, or a military ID.
职员:是的,我需要看有效的驾驶执照、政府证件或军人证件。
Orlando: I’ll be right back.
奥兰多:我很快回来。
Clerk: Yes?
职员:弄好了?
Orlando: Here’s my military ID.
奥兰多:这是我的军人证。
Clerk: Where are you passport photos?
职员:你的护照照片呢?
Orlando: Passport photos?
奥兰多:还要护照照片?
Clerk: Yes, you need two identical passport photos.
职员:对,你需要两张一模一样的护照照片。
Orlando: I’ll be right back.
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载