欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》
Security officer: Excuse me, sir, but this is a restricted area. Only authorized personnel are permitted.
安全人员:对不起,先生。这里是禁区。只有授权的人才能允许进入。
Carl: I just want to take a quick look. Is this really where the president will be speaking?
卡尔:我只是想快速看一下。这里真的是总统要演讲的地方吗?
Security officer: I can neither confirm nor deny that, sir. Please step aside.
安全人员:我不能确定也不能否定,先生。请站在一边。
Carl: What if I have press credentials? Could I get in then?

Security officer: Only if you’ve been screened by security. Really, sir, I must ask you to leave this area. It’s off-limits to you.
安全人员:只有你经过安全部门的筛选。是真的,先生。我必须请你离开这里。这里禁止你进入。
Carl: Couldn’t I just hang around and watch while people arrive? I won’t say a word.
卡尔:我能在周围逛逛,人们到达的时候,看一下他们吗?我不会说一个字的。
Security officer: No, and if you persist, I’ll have to have you shown out.
安全人员:不行,如果你还坚持,我会把你送出去的。
Carl: I’m not causing any trouble. I’m an American citizen and this is a free country! I can stand wherever I want to.
卡尔:我不会带来任何麻烦的,我是个美国公民,这是个自由的国家,我能站在任何想站的地方。
Security officer: Not on private property. Jim, could you please escort this gentleman off the premises?
安全人员:在私有财产上并不适用。吉米,你能把这位绅士护送出去吗?
Carl: Hey, this is a travesty! I’m going to file a formal protest!
卡尔:嘿,这太滑稽了!我会提出正式的抗议!
Security officer: You do that. Just do it off the premises.
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载