"Hi, can I help you?" she said to Uncle Jeff. I could tell that he was just as surprised by her beauty as I was.
“嗨,有什么我能帮忙的吗?”她对杰夫叔叔说。我看得出来,杰夫叔叔和我一样惊讶于她的美貌。
"I'm looking for Diana Marcelo," he said.
“我在找戴安娜·马塞洛,”他说。
"That's me. What can I do for you?" she asked.
“就是我,找我有什么事吗?她问道。
Uncle Jeff introduced himself.
杰夫叔叔做了一个自我介绍。
"You're Jeff McQueen, the Jeff McQueen?" she asked.
“你是杰夫·麦奎因,那个杰夫·麦奎因?”她问道。
"I'm very happy to meet you.
“很高兴见到你。”
I read your last novel and I loved it. I'm honored to meet you."
我读了你的上一部小说,很喜欢,很荣幸认识你。”
Uncle Jeff was always embarrassed when people praised him about his books.
自己的书被人称赞时,杰夫叔叔总是一副尴尬的表情。
He didn't like to talk about them.
他不喜欢谈论自己的作品。
He said quietly, "Thank you. Could we go inside and talk?"
他平静地说道:“谢谢你,我们能进去谈谈吗?”
Professor Marcelo looked confused, but she led us through the front door of her house.
马塞洛教授看上去很困惑,但她带我们穿过前门。
We stepped into the living room and she sat down on a chair.
我们走进客厅,马塞洛教授坐在一张椅子上。
She waved for us to do the same.
她挥手让我们也坐下来。
"I am very happy to meet you, but what is this all about?" she asked, looking first at Uncle Jeff and then at me.
“很高兴见到你,但发生了什么事?”她问道,先看看杰夫叔叔,再看看我。
"The reason we're here is that we need your help," Uncle Jeff began.
“我们来这里是因为我们需要你的帮助,”杰夫叔叔开始说。
"Yesterday afternoon, Alan Maurie was found murdered."
“昨天下午,艾伦·毛里被人谋杀了。”
"What?" Professor Marcelo said, surprised.
“什么?”马塞洛教授惊讶地说道。