Hello psych2goers, we just want to take the time to thank you for all your kind support.
Psych2go的观众,大家好。我们想先感谢大家的支持。
We are a team of dedicated, passionate and hard-working individuals who come together every day with one goal in mind:
我们的团队里都是勤劳、刻苦且充满激情的小伙伴,大家聚在一起只为一个目标:
we want to make psychology come alive for you.
为大家带来更加鲜活的心理学知识。
We are self-funded and recently launched our patreon. If you enjoy the work we do and find it meaningful,
我们是自费团队,最近我们开设了自己的patreon账号。如果你喜欢我们的视频,
please stick around until the end of the video for information on how to get more involved with us and all the cool rewards you can get from us.
请坚持看完本期视频,查看更多如何参与我们的信息。
We've all experienced embarrassing moments whether that means tripping down the stairs, spilling coffee on ourselves
我们都经历过尴尬时刻,比如,从楼梯上滚下来,咖啡洒在身上了
or smiling at our crush with food stuck in between our teeth.
或是食物塞在了牙缝里。
There's a misconception that by the time you hit a certain age and settle into adulthood then you'll have it all together
我们误以为到了某个年纪,进入成年,就不会出现尴尬时刻
but truthfully we'll all continue to have embarrassing moments for as long as we live.
但是真相是,只要我们还活着就随时可能遭遇尴尬。
If making mistakes and being human is inevitable then how can you cope with humiliating moments?
如果犯错误和作为人类而生活是不可避免的,那么我们要怎样面对尴尬时刻呢?
Here are six effective ways to handle embarrassment.
以下是应对尴尬的六种有效方式。
1. Don't beat yourself up. It's okay.
1.不要自责。没关系的。
Embarrassment often goes hand in hand with perfectionism.
尴尬常和完美主义紧密相连。
When you feel as though you aren't meeting up to your own standards, it's easy to fall into the trap of self-criticism.
当你认为自己没有达到自己的标准时,很容易就会陷入自责的圈套。
As a results you may feel your next performance won't go as well based on past bad experiences.
因此,你会认为基于上一次糟糕的经历,下次也不会有完美表现。
But don't beat yourself up over your mistakes and failures, instead allow yourself to be imperfect
但是不要因自己的错误自责,允许自己不完美
and see your embarrassing moments as learning opportunities to get better. It's ok to mess up.
将自己的尴尬看作是变得更好的一次学习经历。搞砸了也没关系。
2. Focus on the non-emotional details of the moment.
2.专注尴尬时刻的非感情细节。
According to Doctor Ekaterina Denkova, the next time your mind decides to replay an embarrassing moment,
Ekaterina Denkova博士表示,下一次你的思绪决定重演尴尬时刻时,
try to steer your attention to the non-emotional details such as the color of the shirt you were wearing, the setting or what the weather was like.
试着将注意力放在那些非感情细节上,比如你那时穿的衣服是什么颜色,那天的天气如何。
This will help you detach from the memory and you won't remember it as intensely
这样能够帮助你从那次的记忆里分离出来,与专注引起你尴尬情绪的负面情绪相比
compared to when you focus on the negativity which can stir up your embarrassed feelings again.
这么做你就不会对上次尴尬记得那么清楚了。
When you experience heightened emotions it makes it harder for you to let go and move on.
当你经历更加严重的情感时,只会让你难以忘记这些经历,无法向前继续。
We recommend that you concentrate on details that put you in a neutral state.
我们建议大家专注于那些中性状态下的细节。
3. Laugh it off.
3. 一笑置之。
According to Dr. Susan Whitbourne, a former professor of psychological and brain sciences
前心理大脑科学教授Susan Whitbourne博士表示,
the most effective way to handle embarrassment is being able to confront it directly.
应对尴尬最有效的方式是直接面对尴尬。
Although your first instinct might be to run away and hide, this will only prolong your unresolved feelings of embarrassment.
虽然你的第一本能是逃跑找个地方藏起来,但这样只会延长你的尴尬情绪。
That's why it's important to stick to the situation until you can alleviate your stress.
因此重要的是坚持面对这种情况,直到你的紧张得以消除。
Whitbourne recommends laughing it off in order to reduce tension.
Whitbourne建议大家一笑而过缓解紧张。
After all, staying in a serious mood will only influence you to hold on to the negativity.
毕竟待在这样糟糕的坏情绪中只会让你执着于负面和消极。
4. See it as a great storytelling opportunity.
4. 将这视为一次讲故事的机会。
Have you ever shared a story starting with the statement, hey remember that time when I did X, Y and Z? That was so funny.
你有没有以这样的陈述为开头讲过故事—你还记得上次我XXXX么?太搞笑了。
More often than not, it's your embarrassing moments that make the best stories you can share with your friends and family.
通常讲自己的糗事是你能和朋友家人分享的最好故事。
While they're happening they may not be fun but in retrospect, it's easier to see how silly they are.
发生时可能不开心,但是回想起来,就觉得好傻啊。
The best part is knowing you survived, too, so the next time you want to die of embarrassment
其中最好的是知道自己活下来了,所以下一次你要尴尬死了的时候
think of your top 3 embarrassing moments and remember that despite those occurrences, you're still here in one piece.
回想一下自己最糗的三件事,虽然发生了这些糗事,但你仍毫发无损。
5. Talk it out with a close friend, lover or family member who won't judge you for it.
5.和亲近的朋友、爱人或家人谈论自己的尴尬。
It's difficult bottling up your emotions, so talk about your embarrassing moment with someone you trust.
隐藏情绪是很难的事情,所以和你信赖的人谈论自己的尴尬时刻。
Instead of feeling bad about the situation, tell them what's bothering you,
告诉他们你的困扰
it always helps to get support and another perspective that may encourage you to find some positivity in the negative situation.
这样能够帮助你获得支持和看待这件事的不同角度,这样或许能鼓励你在消极情况下寻找一些积极的方面。
In fact, the person you confide in may also share a similar embarrassing moment that happened to them.
事实上,你信赖的那个人或许也经历过同样尴尬的事情呢。
It's always a relief to know that you're not alone.
知道自己并不孤独是一种解脱。
6. Try again.
6.再试一次。
You might dread going back to the same place
你可能害怕回到同一个地点
and seeing the same people who were there when you embarrass yourself but be brave and face them.
看着同样的那群人,但是要勇敢的去面对他们。
If you continue to build walls in front of you, the situation will only haunt you longer.
如果你继续在自己前边建起一堵墙,那么情况只会更糟糕。
Others will also detect the awkwardness you are projecting when you avoid them
当你躲避时,其他人还是会想起你的尴尬事件,
which will make it hard for them to forget about it too
他们也会难以忘记这件事。
It might not be easy when you first step in again and go on with your normal routine
再次踏出第一步继续下去或许很难
but progress can't be made without starting over. Try again, you've got this.
但是不再来一次,就永远不会有进步。再试一次,你能行的。
Do you have embarrassing moments often? How do you handle them?
你经常经历尴尬么?你是怎么处理的?
Please share your thoughts with us below. Also, don't forget to subscribe for more content from Psych2go and check out our patreon.
请在下方和我们分享你的想法。还有不要忘记订阅我们的频道观看更多内容。
We started it because we want to go into a bigger platform that reaches more people who were in need of help.
我们开设patreon账号是因为我们想成为一个更大的平台为更多需要的人提供帮助。
With your contribution, you can receive our psi pendant, t-shirt issues of our magazine and many more membership benefits.
有了大家的参与,大家可以收获我们的吊坠、T恤、杂志和更多会员福利。
Your funding will help us produce quality script writing, voicers and animation that makes our content both entertaining and educational.
大家的资助将帮助我们制作更高质量的文本、旁白和动画,让我们的内容既有趣又有教育意义。
We want to make sure our community members get the best and only the best. Thanks for watching!
我们想为社区成员提供最好的。感谢收看!