手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

尾巴最长的鲨鱼 长尾鲨(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Coming up next on Jonathan Bird's Blue World,

接下来是乔纳森·伯德的《蓝色世界》,
Jonathan goes deep in search of Thresher sharks!
乔纳森要潜入深海寻找长尾鲨!
There are many tall tails in the ocean, and not all of them are true.
海洋中有很多长尾巴动物,但不全是真的。
But when it comes to sharks, there is only one truly tall tail.
但说到鲨鱼,只有一种有真正的长尾巴。
And that's the tail on the Thresher shark, one of the tallest tails around.
这种长尾巴长在长尾鲨身上,是世界上最长的尾巴之一。
In my search for the tall tail of the Thresher shark,
为了寻找长尾鲨的长尾巴,
I have traveled to a remote island in the Philippines called Malapascua.
我来到了菲律宾一个叫做马拉帕斯卡的偏僻小岛。
Join me on a quest for one of the weirdest sharks in the sea.
和我一起寻找一种海里最奇怪的鲨鱼吧。
Hi, I'm Jonathan Bird and welcome to my world!
嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!
Malapascua Island is way off the beaten path, barely a mile long, with a beautiful sandy beach.
马拉帕斯卡岛离人们常去的地方很远,仅一英里长,有一个美丽的沙滩。
It is surrounded by clear blue tropical water, and some of the richest coral reefs in the world.
它被清澈的碧蓝色热带海水和一些世界上最丰富的珊瑚礁所包围。
But in my opinion, the most amazing thing about this island is an animal
但以我的观点,该岛最令人惊奇的是一种动物,
that can be found about half an hour off shore by boat at a seamount called the Monad shoal.
在离岸半小时船程、一个叫做鲨鱼点的海底山可能会找到它们。
That's where the Thresher shark hangs out.
这里是长尾鲨出没的地方。
A seamount is an underwater mountain that doesn't quite reach the surface.
海底山是指不能到达水面的水下山脉。
Seamounts would be islands if only they were just a teeny bit taller.
它们要是再稍微高点儿就成岛屿了。
Surrounded by deep water, a seamount is like a shallow oasis in the deep sea,
被深水包围的海底山就像深海中的绿洲浅滩,
providing a resting area for animals that live in the open ocean.
为生活在开阔海域的动物们提供了休憩场所。
I load my gear into the boat and head out very early in the morning.
我把装备装进船里,一大早就出发了。
For some reason, the Threshers are only seen early in the morning.
因为某些原因,长尾鲨只在清晨出现。
I don't really like getting up early, but to see sharks, it's worth it!
我真不喜欢早起,但为了看鲸鱼,值了!
I trudge down the beach with all my gear and load it into a dingy so it can be transferred to the dive boat.
我带着所有装备在海滩上跋涉,并把它们装进一个詹姆斯邦德式救生艇里,这样它就能被转移到潜水船上去了。
I'm diving off a traditional Philippino boat called a Bangka.
我将从一艘叫做螃蟹船的菲律宾传统船上潜下去。
It's long and skinny, with outriggers to make it stable on the open ocean.
该船又长又细,有外伸支架帮它在广阔的海洋上保持稳定。
The captain drives the boat with just the throttle on a string, and a long pole to the rudder!
船长仅用一根绳子上的节流阀和一根顶着船舵的长杆驾驶小船!
Without any electronics or GPS,
没有任何电子设备或GPS,
the captain finds the seamount with just experience and knowledge of the local waters,
他仅凭经验和对当地水域的了解就找到了海底山,
even though we are miles from shore, with no landmarks on the horizon.
即使我们离海岸有几英里远,地平线上也没有任何地标。
At last I'll try to film a Thresher shark.
最后我要尝试为长尾鲨拍照。

长尾鲨.jpg

Well, the sun is just peaking over the horizon.

太阳刚刚从地平线上升起来。
It's time go down to see if we can find some Thresher Sharks.
是时候下去了,看看我们能不能找到长尾鲨。
I'll be using a special piece of dive gear called a rebreather.
我将使用一种叫做换气器的特殊潜水设备。
A rebreather recycles part of my exhaled breath to reduce the amount of bubbles I make.
这种换气器可以回收我呼出的部分空气,以减少我产生的气泡数量。
This makes me quieter underwater.
这能让我在水下更安静。
Bubbles are very unnatural and often frighten the fish.
气泡非常不自然,经常会吓到鱼类。
I would be lucky to get within 30 feet of a Thresher with conventional scuba gear.
我将幸运地利用传统水中呼吸器到达离长尾鲨不到30英尺的地方。
Threshers might be sharks, but they are afraid of bubbles.
长尾鲨可能是鲨鱼,但它们害怕气泡。
Hopefully my rebreather will allow me to get close to them, closer than 10 feet!
我希望我的换气器能让我靠近它们,靠近10英尺!
This has never been done before.
这是前所未有的。
I jump off the side of the boat and descend with my camera down into the deep blue.
我从船边跳下去,带着相机下潜到深海中。
At 80 feet I reach the top of the seamount and start looking for a good place to settle down.
在80英尺的高度,我到达了海底山山顶,并开始寻找一个不错的地方安顿下来。
Now it's just a waiting game.
现在,这只是一个等待的游戏。
This turns out to be a lot harder than I thought.
事实证明,它比我想象的要难很多。
After 90 minutes, I haven't even seen a shark, never mind get close to it...
90分钟后,我甚至都没见过鲨鱼,更别提靠近它了……
and it's time to head back to the boat.
现在是时候回到船上了。
At this depth, I can't stay too long, or I might end up getting a case of decompression sickness.
我在这个深度不能待太久,否则我可能会患上减压症。
Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow.
哦,好吧,我明天再试。
But first I have to spend a while decompressing on the line under the boat.
但首先,我得花点儿时间在船下面的锚线上减压。
Talk about boring!
说得有点儿无聊!
The next day we're out on the water once again bright and early for another try.
第二天,我们又一大早外出,在水上试了一次。
I jump into the water, get my camera from Paul, the divemaster, and down I go.
我跳进水里,从潜水长保罗那里接过相机,然后潜了下去。
Amazingly, the captain has anchored us within 15 feet where we were yesterday.
令人惊讶的是,船长把我们放置在离昨天的位置不足十五英尺的地方。
How does he do it?
他怎么做到的?
I find my spot and start the waiting game again.
我找到我的位置,又开始了等待游戏。
Suddenly I see movement out of the corner of my eye.
突然,我的眼角瞄到了动静。
It's not a Thresher shark, but an octopus watching me from its den.
它不是长尾鲨,而是一只章鱼,它在窝里看着我。
I go over to introduce myself.
我过去做自我介绍。
Sometimes octopods are curious and reach out to touch my hand.
有时,章鱼很好奇,会伸出手来摸我的手。
This one isn't so sure about me. It thinks about it, then decides to leave.
但这只对我不是很确定。它想了想,然后决定离开。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章

联想记忆
conventional [kən'venʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 传统的,惯例的,常规的

 
descend [di'send]

想一想再看

v. 降,传,降临

联想记忆
den [den]

想一想再看

n. 兽穴,洞穴 v. 穴居

 
shoal [ʃəul]

想一想再看

adj. 浅的 n. 浅水处,沙洲 n. 鱼群,一大群

联想记忆
drives

想一想再看

n. 驱动器;驱动力;驱动程序(drive的复数形式)

 
rudder ['rʌdə]

想一想再看

n. 舵,方向舵,指导原则

联想记忆
trudge [trʌdʒ]

想一想再看

n. 沉重的步伐 v. 沉重地走,蹒跚地走

联想记忆
sandy ['sændi]

想一想再看

adj. 沙,含沙的,沙色的,不稳固的 Sandy n.

 
traditional [trə'diʃənəl]

想一想再看

adj. 传统的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。