手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

虎鲨为什么在沉船上出没(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

We head down into the darkness with video lights on our cameras, hoping to see something incredible.

我们带着摄像机,开着摄影灯,一头扎进黑暗之中,希望能看到一些不可思议的东西。
When we reach the wreck, we don't really see anything except pitch darkness.
当我们到达沉船时,除了一片漆黑之外,我们什么也看不见。
Until...Out of nowhere, a dazed sand tiger shark suddenly comes right at me and scares me half to death!
直到...一头迷迷糊糊的虎鲨不知从哪儿冒出来,突然冲向我,把我吓得半死!
During the day the sand tigers are far too shy to come this close.
虎鲨在白天太害羞了,不敢靠近。
They don't seem aggressive...but they do seem confused by the lights.
它们似乎没有攻击性……但它们好像对灯光感到困惑。
They act like they are sleep-swimming,
它们好像在一边睡觉,一边游泳,
almost like a deer in the headlights when the bright video lights get too close.
当明亮的摄像灯靠太近时,它就像车头灯照射下的鹿。
After an hour looking for mating behavior and not seeing any,
我们在找了一个小时的交配行为而没有看到后,
we give up and head back to the boat.
就放弃了,回到了船上。
But we still have one last idea.
但我们还有最后一个想法。
And you liked the camera positions earlier? Those were good.
你更喜欢之前的摄像机位置?它们很好。
We will try the remote cameras again, this time at night. Alright.
我们将再次尝试远程摄像,这次是在晚上。好的。
And the sharks do, they go through there, they go around the front of the bow,
鲨鱼会这样做,它们会穿过这里,绕过船头,
and then when they circle around they come across that front...
然后当它们在周围转圈的时候,它们会碰到前面……
But in order for the cameras to be able to see anything, we will need at least some light.
但是为了让摄像机能够看到东西,我们至少需要一些光线。
The following day, we set up a super bright movie light over the bow of the wreck
第二天,我们在沉船的船头上安装一个超亮的电影灯,
by hanging it from an air-filled lift bag.
把它挂在一个充气的浮力袋上。

shark.jpg

This 200 Watt HMI light is as bright as a 1,000 watt lightbulb.

这个200瓦的HMI灯和1000瓦的灯泡一样亮。
If we hang it high enough over the wreck,
如果我们把它挂在沉船上面足够高的位置,
it should throw just enough light to provide some gentle illumination for the cameras,
它应该能投下足够多的光线,为相机提供柔和的照明,
but not so much that will daze the sharks.
却不会让鲨鱼感到晕头转向。
While Rick is hanging the light, Gator, Tim and I are setting up cameras.
瑞克挂灯的时候,盖特、提姆和我正在放置摄像机。
Finally, everything is ready. Now we head back to the surface to wait for darkness.
最后,一切准备就绪。现在我们回到水面上等待黑夜。
Later, we dive back down to the wreck and turn on both the cameras and the light.
随后,我们潜回到沉船上,打开照相机和灯。
It's a quick dive, and then we return to the boat to wait.
经过一次速潜,我们回到船上等待。
Whoa! I don't know we might have just put down the world's largest plankton-attracter!
哇哦!我不知道我们会不会记录下世界上最大的浮游生物吸引者!
I don't know! But I can tell you one thing: the sharks are around the wreck at night.
我不知道!但我能告诉你一件事:晚上,鲨鱼在沉船周围出没。
Um hmm! Oh yeah, they're there!
嗯嗯!是的,它们在那里!
In the morning we collect all the cameras again.
早上,我们再次收集所有的相机。
Reviewing the footage, our light above the wreck worked out well.
回顾这段录像,我们在沉船上方布置的灯光效果很好。
In fact, it worked so well that it attracted a huge school of fish below it.
事实上,它的效果非常好,以至于它下面吸引了一大群鱼。
I mean that big HMI light right over the bow of the boat really causes the fish to aggregate underneath it,
我的意思是沉船船头上的巨大HMI灯灯光导致鱼聚集在它下面,
but it doesn't seem to attract the sharks,
但它似乎对鲨鱼没有吸引力,
and the sharks don't seem to be really attracted to the lights or the fish.
鲨鱼似乎并没有被灯光或鱼所吸引。
There are very few sharks in this footage so they're not together by any means.
镜头中很少有鲨鱼,所以它们无论如何都没有在一起。
Yeah, really, it looks just like the day footage all over again.
是的,它看起来就像白天的镜头又一次重演。
We learned that the sharks are probably not feeding on these fish
我们了解到鲨鱼可能不吃这些鱼,
because if they were, how could they not be attacking such an easy meal?
因为如果它们吃的话,它们怎么可能不吃这么简单的一餐呢?
Every once in a while we see a shark or two pass through the school, but we don't see any mating.
每隔一段时间,我们就会看到一两条鲨鱼穿过鱼群,但我们看不到任何交配的迹象。
You might think that our entire experiment was for nothing because we didn't see the sharks mating.
你可能会认为我们的整个实验毫无意义,因为我们没有看到鲨鱼交配。
But in fact it proved that the sharks don't seem to be very active at night.
但事实上,它证明了鲨鱼在晚上似乎不太活跃。
And it showed us that they might not be mating at the wrecks at all, though we can't prove it either way.
它告诉我们,鲨鱼可能根本不会在沉船上交配,尽管我们无法证明这一点。
The ocean is filled with mysteries, many of which will never be solved.
海洋充满了神秘,其中许多谜题永远无法解决。
We're a little closer to understanding the sand tiger shark, but we have a lot to learn.
我们了解了一点儿虎鲨,但还有很多要学的东西。
For now, we still have no idea why the sand tigers come to the wrecks in North Carolina.
目前为止,我们还不知道虎鲨为什么来北卡罗来纳的沉船上。
This mystery will continue to remain unsolved.
这个谜题仍留待解决。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
mystery ['mistəri]

想一想再看

n. 神秘,秘密,奥秘,神秘的人或事物

 
pitch [pitʃ]

想一想再看

n. 沥青,树脂,松脂
n. 程度,投掷,球场

联想记忆
aggressive [ə'gresiv]

想一想再看

adj. 侵略的,有进取心的,好斗的

联想记忆
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
illumination [i.lju:mi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 照明,阐释,启发,古书上的图案或装饰

联想记忆
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
setting ['setiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲

 
aggregate ['ægrigeit,'ægrigit]

想一想再看

n. 合计,总计,集合体,集料 adj. 合计的,集合的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。