手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

四大要素教你讲出一手好故事

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

There’s actually a science to why stories matter.

故事之所以重要 背后是有科学道理的

So when we hear a good story as human beings our brain lights up.

作为人类 我们听到精彩的故事 头脑就会兴奋

It illuminates the city of our minds.

它会照亮我们的思想之城

The neural activity in our brains increases fivefold and in addition we basically get given a drug.

我们大脑内部的神经活动会增加五倍 那感觉就像嗑药了

It’s called an empathy drug called oxytocin that gets released when we hear really good stories.

我们听到很精彩的故事的时候 大脑中会产生一种叫做催产素的移情物质

And this combination of all of these neurons firing at five times the capacity otherwise when we hear a story,

这种与平时相比被放大五倍的神经元释放量

plus this really awesome drug seeping into our brain that makes us feel good makes us remember things.

以及让我们感觉良好的大脑物质渗入会让我们记忆深刻

128.png

It makes us care. It builds relationships.

它会让我们在乎 它会建立联系

And that’s why storytelling has been such a fundamental part of being human since early times.

这就是从很早开始 讲故事就成了人类一个基本部分的原因

When we were sitting around campfires and chasing wooly mammoths and trying to rub sticks together

当我们围着一团篝火 在外追赶打猎 试图摩擦起火

and like figure out how to make more fire and starting to build tribes we didn’t have written language.

还想着怎么让火更旺 开始建造部落的时候 我们并没有书面语言

But the way that we passed down stories told our next of kin that, you know, "stay away from the tigers over there and don’t eat these berries," was through stories.

但是我们传递故事的方式就是讲故事 比如 我们会告诉亲人“要远离老虎 不要吃那些果子”

Because we saw that it allowed us to store information and remember and be captivated in such a different way.

因为我们看到 它能让我们存储信息并且长记性 还以一种迥异的方式被深深迷住

So the first element of great storytelling is relatability.

所以精彩故事的第一个要素就是相关性

And if you think back to Star Wars, right. What makes Star Wars so good?

回头想想《星球大战》 它为什么深受追捧?

It isn’t necessarily the technology. It isn’t just the amazing graphics.

并不一定就是里面的高科技 也不光是令人震撼的画面

The thing that makes Star Wars so good is that it was based on nostalgia for 1950s Americana.

《星球大战》之所以精彩是因为它的基础是人们对上世纪50年代美国的怀念之情

So if you look at the original Star Wars the spaceships kind of look like old hot rods from the 50s.

大家看看原版的《星球大战》 它的宇宙飞船看起来很像50年代的旧式改装车

A lot of the fashion evokes the 1950s.

里面的很多东西都能让人想起上世纪50年代

A lot of the shots evoke the great movies from 1950s Americana.

很多画面也会让人想起那时候的美国

And George Lucas was obsessed with 1950s Americana in this way.

导演乔治·卢卡斯非常迷恋上世纪50年代的美国

So it gave this sense of relatability that allowed viewers to be transported to this bizarre, crazy, alternate universe

所以它会给人这种相关性 让观众穿越到这个怪异 疯狂又并存的另一个宇宙

where these weird looking aliens were getting drunk and fighting in a space bar and there was a giant Wookie who’s a dude’s best friend.

在那里 这些长相奇怪的外星人在太空酒吧里买醉打架 还有巨人Wookie 他是某人最好的朋友

But they’re grounded in all of that nostalgia from their life that they had just had in an era

但这一切的基础都是他们对那个时代生活的怀念之情

where American in the 1970s was really nostalgic to that 1950s Americana and allowed it to click.

上世纪70年代的美国人很想念50年代的美国 他们也愿意让这两者一拍即合

This actually ties in with the second key to great storytelling, the great element which is novelty.

这其实与精彩故事的第二个要素息息相关 那就是新奇性

So relatability isn’t very good if it’s all boring, it’s generic, it’s the same thing that we’ve seen over and over again, right.

如果故事很无聊 很普通 是我们一遍遍看过的俗套剧情 那相关性也就没什么作用了

Our brains also light up when we see something that’s new.

我们看到新鲜事物的时候 大脑也会兴奋

It was a survival mechanism from prehistoric times when we saw something new.

这是源自史前时代看到新事物的生存机制

It was a potential threat to our lives. We had to be on high alert.

新东西可能对我们产生威胁 我们得保持警惕

We had to be wired to pay attention to it right away.

我们必须立马注意到它

And so when we see something new our brains light up, the city of our brain is illuminated.

所以我们看到新事物的时候 大脑就会兴奋 思想之城又被照亮了

It’s going like crazy. But if something is too novel, it becomes confusing to our brains.

就像疯了一样 但如果某些东西太过新颖 我们就会很困惑

If there’s too much novelty, we either get scared or disinterested and our brain starts to shut off and go into a survival mechanism.

如果太过新奇 我们要么会害怕 要么会失去兴趣 思绪也会随之关闭 转而进入生存模式

So in storytelling amongst those first two elements there’s this great Venn diagram between relatability and novelty

所以在讲故事的前两个要素中 相关性和新奇性之间有一个很棒的维恩图解

and that sweet spot where it’s relatable enough that we feel comfortable being transported into that world.

它们之间有个最佳点 让故事有足够的相关性 我们可以很自在地穿越到另一个世界中

But it’s novel enough that it keeps our interest, but it doesn’t go too much in either direction.

但又有足够的新奇性让我们产生兴趣 两边都不偏不倚

And the third element of great storytelling is tension.

精彩故事的第三个要素是紧张感

This should be pretty obvious, right, on that tension is something that carries a great story along.

这一点相当明显 紧张伴随着精彩故事的全程

As Aristotle said, the job of storyteller is to create a gap between what should be and what is,

亚里士多德曾说过 讲故事的人的任务就是在应该是什么和实际是什么之间创造一种缺口

and then continue to string the reader along closing that gap between what should be and what is,

然后在填满应该是什么和实际是什么之间的缺口的过程中 让读者保持紧张

and reopening it over and over again until that gap is closed and the tale ends.

要重复打开那个缺口 直到它完全被填上 然后故事就结束了

So in any good story you need that conflict.

在任何精彩的故事中 你都需要那种矛盾

You need that tension that’s going to keep the reader or the viewer on high alert, always on the edge of their seat,

你需要那种紧张感让读者和观众保持警惕 犹如惊弓之鸟

teasing them that this tension gap is going to be closed before reopening it again and again and again.

在一遍遍重复打开缺口之前 故意让他们以为这个紧张缺口就要填上了

And that’s what keeps us captivated in a story.

这就是让我们为故事着迷的关键所在

The fourth element of great storytelling is fluency.

精彩故事的第四个要素是流畅性

So a lot of people in business, in MFA programs – I went to a liberal arts program myself,

很多商业人士 MFA人士——我参加过人文科学项目

did a ton of writing workshops, think that the key to great writing is being convoluted,

他们开过无数写作讲习班 认为伟大的作品就是要盘根错节

using big words, sounding flowery, sounding grand.

高谈阔论 辞藻华丽 听之雄壮

Being this person who knows all the better words than you do.

要成为拥有最多高大词汇的人

But, in fact, if you run the best and most popular writers in history through a reading level test you’ll find that they actually write at an elementary school level.

但事实上 如果你通过阅读水平测试看一下史上最成功的最受欢迎的作家 就会发现他们的写作水平相当于小学生

Ernest Hemingway wrote at a fourth grade level.

欧内斯特·海明威的写作水平相当于四年级

The same was true of Cormac McCarthy, J.K. Rowling, Stephen King.

戈马克·麦卡锡 J.K.罗琳 史蒂芬·金

All the authors that captivated us in so many ways and sold millions and millions of books.

所有那些让我们为之迷恋 畅销无数本书的作家都是如此

And when I talk to people in business about how they can tell their stories this is one of the most fundamental things that we can do.

我跟商业人士谈论如何讲故事时 这就是我们最起码能做的一件事

In business we talk in this weird tribal speak of office land about "leveraging KPIs to optimize for the next quarter"

在商业中 我们会用“利用KPI优化下一季度”

and really find how we can "storyscape our way to a new illuminated landscape of marketing fluency."

找到如何“通过自己的方式进入全新的营销流畅光明未来”这种奇怪的阶级办公室用语进行交谈

But that means nothing to people.

但这对别人一文不值

If you want to actually connect with people, if you want to tell a story that will bring people in

如果你真想与别人产生联系 如果你想讲一个有带入感的故事

you have to cut down that barrier to entry that allows them to get engrossed in your story.

你就得斩断入口路上的障碍 让他们全身心投入在你的故事中

You need to write simply. You need to tell simple stories.

你的写作要简单明了 要讲简单的故事

You need to make the story fluent and easy to immerse yourself into.

要让故事很流畅 自己也能沉浸进去

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fluent ['flu:ənt]

想一想再看

adj. 流利的,流畅的

联想记忆
viewer ['vju:ə]

想一想再看

n. 观看者,电视观众,观察器

 
nostalgia [nɔs'tældʒiə]

想一想再看

n. 乡愁,向往过去,怀旧之情

联想记忆
element ['elimənt]

想一想再看

n. 元素,成分,组成部分,(复数)恶劣天气

 
obvious ['ɔbviəs]

想一想再看

adj. 明显的,显然的

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
grounded ['graundid]

想一想再看

adj. [物]接地的;有基础的 v. 停(ground

 
empathy ['empəθi]

想一想再看

n. 移情作用,共鸣,执着投入

联想记忆
evoke [i'vəuk]

想一想再看

vt. 唤起,引起

联想记忆
fundamental [.fʌndə'mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 基本的,根本的,重要的
n. 基本原

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。