Hey there! Welcome to Life Noggin.
大家好,这里是脑洞大开的生命奇想!
Have you ever been listening to music or watching a video and started to have a strange tingling feeling?
你有没有这样的经历,听着音乐或看着视频,开始有一种奇怪的刺痛感?
Maybe you were watching a Bob Ross video and were overcome with a sense of relaxation as you watched him paint those happy little trees.
也许你正在看鲍勃·罗斯的视频,当你看着他画那些快乐的小树时,你会感到一种放松的感觉。
Well, if you have, you might just have been experiencing a growing phenomenon known as ASMR.
嗯,如果你有,你可能只是经历了一种日益普遍的现象,ASMR。
An Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, or ASMR, is where a person experiences a static-like, tingling sensation.
自发性知觉经络反应,或称ASMR,这种情况下人会感觉到仿佛静止的刺痛感。
This usually begins across the skull or neck and can move to other parts of the body, like the spine.
这通常从头骨或颈部开始,可以延伸到身体的其他部位,比如脊柱。
Oh great, now I feel like I'm describing a skeleton... good thing Halloween is right around the corner!
太好了,现在我觉得我在描述一具骨架…好在万圣节马上就要到了!
These sensations that Mr. Funny Bones here is feeling are the body's response to certain stimuli, like sights and sounds.
有趣的骨头先生这些感觉是身体对某些刺激的反应,比如视觉和听觉。
Look how relaxed he is! You are not so spooky, little guy.
看他多放松啊!你没那么吓人啊,小家伙。
But before we go any further, keep in mind that the ASMR field is so new that little has been scientifically studied.
但在我们进一步讨论之前,请记住ASMR是个新领域,科学研究尚不足。
There wasn't even a term to describe it until 2010!
直到2010年,才有一个词来形容它!
Some scientists even wonder if ASMR is a real, measurable thing.
一些科学家甚至怀疑ASMR是否是真实可测量的。
That being said, the anecdotal accounts for the phenomenon are practically endless.
话虽如此,关于这种现象的传闻几乎从未消失。
But more importantly, the first peer-reviewed research paper on the subject came out last year.
但更重要的是,去年,关于这个主题的第一篇同行评议研究论文发表了。
So Let's take a dive into what they learned!
让我们来深入了解一下他们的研究成果!
The researchers wanted to find the biggest triggers of an ASMR experience and also explore to what degrees it could be used to ease symptoms of depression and chronic pain.
研究人员希望找到ASMR经验的最大诱因,并探讨它可以多大程度上用于缓解抑郁症和慢性疼痛的症状。
They found that the biggest triggers were whispering, personal attention, and crisp sounds like the rapping of metallic foil and the tapping of long fingernails.
他们发现最大的诱因是窃窃私语、个人关注,还有听起来像是敲打金属箔的脆脆的声音,以及长指甲的敲击声。
However, the sound of someone's laughter and the noise of a vacuum cleaner proved to be the worst triggers of the ones examined.
然而,别人的笑声和吸尘器的声音是实验发现的最糟糕的诱因。
See little noggin, humans don't like the sound of the evil mechanical monster either! Who is a good pixel puppy!
看啊,小东西,人类也不喜欢这个邪恶机械怪兽的声音!多好的小像素狗!
On top of that, eighty percent of their participants said that their mood was improved due to ASMR.
最重要的是,80%的参与者说他们的情绪因为ASMR而有所改善。
And there was even a significant difference between chronic pain symptoms before versus during a session.
而且实验前和实验中,慢性疼痛症状有显著差异。
And while it fell a little short of being statistically significant, there might be a link between synaesthesia and ASMR.
虽然在统计学上有一点不足,但联觉和ASMR之间可能有联系。
Synaesthesia occurs when two or more senses are attached to on one another.
当两个或两个以上的感觉彼此相连时,联觉就会发生。
The stimulation of one sensory pathway leads to an automatic experience with a second one.
刺激一个感官通路,会自动体验到另一种感觉。
So, someone could involuntarily link words with taste.
因此,有人会不由自主地把单词和味道联系起来。
And since synaesthesia and ASMR both involve the senses, the idea that they're related sure makes... well, sense.
既然联觉和ASMR都涉及到感官,那么它们有联系这个想法就是有道理的。
Ba-dum-ch! I know.
哈哈!我知道了。
Our brains are extraordinary organs that we've only begun to understand.
我们的大脑是非常特殊的器官,而我们才刚刚开始了解它。
This study is by no means where the research should end, but rather an opening expedition into the unexplored waters of such a curious topic!
这项研究绝不是研究的终点,而是探索这一未知的奇特话题的起点。
What are your thoughts on ASMR?
你对ASMR有什么想法?
Do you think it's real?
你认为这是真的吗?
Have you ever experienced it?
你经历过吗?
Let me know in the comments below.
请在下面的评论中告诉我。
If you want to learn why humans can hear things in the first place, make sure to check out this video here.
如果你想知道为什么人类能听到声音,一定要看这里的这个视频。
To answer that, first we need to discuss the physics of a sound wave.
要回答这个问题,首先我们需要讨论声波的物理性质。
These are longitudinal waves that travel through a medium.
这是通过介质传播的纵波。
And therefore, there is no sound in a vacuum like space.
因此,真空中,比如太空中,没有声音。
Sorry Star Wars.
对不起《星球大战》。
There's a link in the description if you're on mobile.
如果你在手机上观看,评论区里有个链接。
Make sure you come back every Monday for a brand new video.
每周一都要回来看新视频哦!
As always, I'm Blocko, this has been Life Noggin.
我是宝高,这里是脑洞大开的生命奇想。
Don't forget to keep on thinking!
思考不要停!