Let's play a game. Think of a famous painting.
我们来玩个游戏吧。就想一幅著名的绘画作品吧。
Guess what? You just thought of me.
你猜怎么着?你刚好想到了我耶。
Today, I'm the world's most renowned work of art, but it wasn't always this way.
现在,我已然成为世上最负盛名的艺术作品,可原先并非如此。
My story is full of surprises, and it all began in a studio in Florence.
我的故事充满了意外,一切还得从佛罗伦萨的一个工作室说起。
Well, here's the master himself, Leonardo da Vinci.
嗯,这就是大师本人了,莱昂纳多·达·芬奇
He worked on me on and off for a few years towards the end of his career.
他在我身上前前后后花了好几年的时间,直到他事业接近尾声才完成。
You're a minor work, my dear, some interesting shading, nothing more.
你不过是一幅二流的作品,亲爱的,也就是明暗处理得还算有趣,仅此而已。
We'll just see about that.
好吧,那我们拭目以待。
Over the next 300 years, I hung quietly in French palaces and royal bathrooms.
在接下来的300年里,我都被安静地挂在法国宫廷或是贵族浴室里。
The things I've seen... (I want you.)
我见过的……都是"我要得到你"之类的事。
Until finally I was noticed by a man who had already made quite a name for himself.
最终,一个已经有些名气的人注意到我了。
When Napoleon chose me to hang on his bedroom wall, people took notice.
自拿破仑选择把我挂在他卧室的墙壁上时起,人们开始关注我了。
I look forward to sleeping with you, my cherie.
我想跟你睡觉,我的宝贝儿
After he had his whole exile from France thing, they tossed me on a wall at The Louvre.
经历了法国那摊子事儿的拿破仑被彻底放逐之后,他们把我扔在了卢浮宫博物馆的墙上。
But at this point, I was still just another Renaissance portrait. Until one night.
然而,那时我仍旧只是文艺复兴时期的一座普通雕像,直到有一个晚上。
(Bella.) I was stolen! It was pandemonium. Paris was in an uproar.
(美人儿)我被偷了!此事引起了轩然大波。巴黎陷入了一片骚动。
The police hauled people in left and right.
人们纷纷接到了警察的传讯。
The hysteria hit a fever pitch when the police suspected and interrogated one of the most famous artists in the world, Pablo Picasso.
警察甚至怀疑并质询了全世界最负盛名的画家之一——巴勃罗·毕加索,彼时,人们的猜测达到了空前的高度。
But Picasso was innocent.
但毕加索是清白的。
The thief turned out to be an Italian carpenter.
盗贼原来是意大利的一个木匠。
He was caught in Florence.
他在佛罗伦萨被捕了。
Mama mia.
我的天啦。
And I returned to The Louvre.
我重新回到了卢浮宫。
From that day forward, I became the darling of the art world.
从那以后,我就成了艺术界的宠儿。
Everyone wanted to see Napoleon's da Vinci painting Picasso was suspected of stealing.
人人都想见识一下拿破仑的那幅达·芬奇的画,那幅被怀疑是毕加索偷了的画。
Soon, tourists crowded in and most people forgot why I was famous in the first place.
不久,游客纷纷涌入卢浮宫,但很少有人还记得我当初是怎么红的。
That might raise some eyebrows, but not mine since I don't have any.
或许有人要皱眉表示疑问了,但我可不会,因为我压根儿就没有眉毛。
Oh, you didn't notice I don't have any eyebrows?
什么?你没注意到我没有眉毛?
I told you, I'm full of surprises.
跟你说了啊,我从头到脚都是意外啊。