Some people who come to this house,
来过我们家的人说
it looks like something out of a romantic magical fairytale.
我们家跟浪漫的童话世界的房子似的
But this romantic magical fairytale, really is our home.
但这个浪漫的童话世界真的就是我们的家
I'm Jasmine. (I'm Simon.)
我是茉莉。(我是西蒙)
And we live, um, in the Preseli Hills in West Wales.
我们住在威尔士西部普瑞斯里山山里。
We're part of a wide community that spreads over the whole region in the local area
我们周围还有很多人家,分别分布在这个地方的各个角落。
of people learning to fence off here.
我们都在学着保护这个地方。
When we first settled down, made permanent home,
刚安定下来要搭一个住一辈子的房子的时候
it seemed fairly clear to us, we much preferred to be in the countryside
我们就很清楚,我们更喜欢住在乡下
and I did like the sort of magical element of you know,
而且我确实很喜欢魔法之类的东西你知道吗
the idea of fairies and myths and stuff like that.
仙境啊,神话啊,那一类东西。
We built a small, simple, modest house out of the things that were around us,
我们就地取材修了个不大、简单而适中的房子
out of the things that we could easily get from waste and from the natural world
就用那些在废旧堆里很容易找到的东西或大自然里的东西
rather than going and buying things.
我们没买什么东西。
This is where we store our firewood to keep us warm through the winter.
这是我们存冬天用的柴火的地方。
It took us about two months,
这个家我们差不多弄了两个月。
so we've used stones, mud, clay, wood,
用了石头、泥、土、木头
we brought in some straw bales, used quite a lot of those,
还弄来了一些草,用了很多草。
and it cost us around about two or three thousand pounds.
花了差不多两三千英镑的样子
And the big house, Simon was finishing it to a very high standard,
我们家的主体部分呢,西蒙是以一个非常高的水准弄好的
so it'll have a lot of longevity,
所以呢,它会比较耐用,
it'll last a long time, generations.
应该可以住很长时间,可以住好几代人吧。
And we only use recycled materials, natural materials,
我们只用可以回收的材料,天然的材料
or things that we've grown available from this piece of land.
或者能够从这片土地上种出来的东西
This is my greenhouse.
这就是我的花房啦
You put the food in relationship to the house and to the water and to the landscape,
我们的食物是跟家、水、大自然联系在一起的
and instantly, in comes the fellows, the birds and the insects.
不时就有一些小家伙来我们家,鸟儿啊、虫儿啊什么的
Our dirty water can feed the plants,
我们的生活污水可以用来浇灌这些植物,
our need for shelter, can give nice shelter for other animals to come and live
我们对住所的需要也为其他动物提供了一个很好的栖息地,它们来到这里,在这里生活下去
and we really can live in a way which is sympathetic to the rest of what's going on in nature.
其实,我们可以过一种体恤大自然中其他生命的生活。
This is my workshop.
这是我的小作坊
My commute to work goes a bit like this,
我上下班的通勤差不多是这样
out of the front door, dodging between the flowers,
走出前门,漫步在花丛中,
and maybe picking a few berries off the bush on the way past for a little snack until I get to my workshop.
偶尔摘几颗莓子当零食,一路上就这样走到我的作坊去。
At the end of every day, I can sit back and see the things that we've made
每天结束前,我可以坐下来,看着我们做的东西
and know where the piece of wood had come from.
就能想到它们都是从哪棵树来的
I mean, the first night in the house that you've made with your own hands
我想说,第一次住在自己亲手搭的房子里
in exactly the way that you want it to be,
而且恰好是按着你的心意搭的房子
is an absolutely magical one.
那个夜晚无疑是一个神奇的夜晚。