手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 告别平庸的自己 > 正文

《大思想的神奇》珍视自己 相信自己

来源:可可英语 编辑:Jenny   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Most people can't think big. This is how the majority of my friends who went to college thought,

大多数人都没有野心。我大部分上大学的朋友就是这么想的,
"I hope I can get a decent job when I graduate." Like not even a good job, just a decent job.
“毕业后我想找份体面的工作。”甚至不是一份好工作,仅仅是一份体面的工作。
That was their biggest plan for their life. Finding a decent job.
找一份体面的工作就是他们最大的人生规划。。
I also had very few other friends who said, "I'm going to start a business and become a millionaire by my mid-twenties."
也有少数其他朋友说,“我打算在25岁左右的时候创业成为百万富翁。”
And they're actually on track to accomplishing that.
并且他们也在朝着既定的目标前进。
Now here's the thing... The biggest problem is that most people can't even think big.
是这样的…最大的问题是大多数人都没有那么大的野心。
And I always make sure to point out that yes, this is just the first step.
我想指出的是,是的,这仅仅是第一步。
There are so many other things you need to do to be successful after you're able to think big,
有了大胆的想法之后,想要取得成功还有很多其他的事情需要做。
otherwise that is what's called being delusional. But...
否则那些想法就只能是妄想。但是…
if you can't even do the first step right, there is no hope.
如果你连第一步都迈不出去,那就一点希望都没有。
If your biggest vision for yourself is to find a decent job just like it is for most people,
如果你最大的愿望是像大多数人一样找份体面的工作,
you can't expect anything great to happen.
就不要期望发生什么大事。
It's like setting up your finish line a hundred meters from you every time you run.
就好像每次起跑都把终点设在一百米开外。
No, you're not going to be a great marathon runner if a hundred meters is what you're aiming at.
不,如果你的目标是一百米那你不可能成为一个优秀的马拉松运动员。
And yes, there are 20 other steps ahead of you, you're going to have to work hard, you're going to have to work smart,
是的,还有其他二十几步要走,你在工作上要努力,要机智,
but nothing's going to help you when your finish line is constantly set at 100 meters.
但如果你的终点永远是100米的话,那什么也帮不了你。
Value yourself. Believe in yourself. I know that sounds kind of cliche, but here's the thing...
珍视自己。相信自己。我知道这听上去有点老套,但就是这样…
Most people I know can't even believe that one day they could be making millions.
我认识的大多数人都不相信他们有一天会成为百万富翁。
They can't even entertain that thought for a second.
他们甚至连想都不想。
Most guys I know don't think that they actually deserve that beautiful girl.
我认识的很多人都认为他们配不上那个漂亮的女孩。
Most people I know don't actually think that they deserve to be around successful people.
他们都认为自己不值得与成功人士为伍。

《大思想的神奇》珍视自己 相信自己

And here's the thing... You're putting a very low price tag on yourself, and guess what?

是这样的…你给自己标价很低,猜猜会怎样?
You can't expect people around you to put a higher price tag on you.
你就别指望周围的人会把你的身价提上去。
If you don't even like yourself, how can you expect others to like you?
如果你都不喜欢自己,怎么指望别人喜欢你呢?
If you want me to be your business partner and you don't even believe that you could make millions,
如果你想让我成为你的生意伙伴,但你自己都没有信心能赚好几百万,
why am I going to even consider working with you?
那我为什么要考虑和你合作呢?
If I'm a girl, and you don't even think that you deserve me, why should I think that you deserve me?
如果我是一女生,你自己都认为配不上我,我为什么还要认为你配的上我呢?
No one's ever going to value you or believe in you if you can't even value and believe in yourself.
如果你自己都不重视和相信自己,别人更不会重视你,也不会相信你。
There is a lot of truth to what Henry Ford was saying,
亨利·福特说的很有道理,
the man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.
认为自己能与不能都是正确的。
And finally, excusitis. I remember I was a little kid and I was talking to one of my uncles or something
最后一点,借口。我记得小时候和一个叔叔谈话,
and he was telling me how much he knew about success or whatever so i asked him,
他告诉我他很了解很多关于成功等诸如此类的事,我就问他,
"Well, if you know all about success, how come you're not successful?"
“呃,你知道那么多,为什么你没成功呢?”
And his kids were running around near by, and he pointed at them and he said, "That's why."
他的孩子们跑过来了,他指着孩子们说,“这就是为什么。”
And even as a little kid that made me nauseous. But that's what everyone does. Excuse on top of excuse.
即使那时还小,我仍然对他的回答感到很反感。但是每个人都会那么做。为自己找台阶下。
Don't be that person. You'll be the only one feeling sorry for yourself,
不要成为那种人。即使周围的人都给你灌输你是受害者的这种心态,
even if people around you are encouraging your victim mindset.
你也要知道对不起自己的只有你自己,而不是别人。
So start thinking big, and realize that that's just the first step. Start researching the 20 other steps.
所以开始大胆的想法,要知道那只是第一步。开始研究其他20几步。
Start believing in yourself, and realize that if you can't even do that yourself you can't expect others to believe in you.
开始相信自己,并认识到如果自己都不能相信自己,就不要指望别人会相信你。
And finally, don't make excuses. If you don't make it to where you want to be,
最后,不要找借口。如果你没有达到预期,
it is because of the decisions that you have made.
那是因为你做的决定。
Don't be the guy pointing at his kids as an excuse.
不要拿孩子说事。
There are plenty of guys out there with more kids than you and worse circumstances than you
有很多孩子比你多情况比你糟的人,
who still figured out a way to crush it.
他们都有办法来摆脱这种阻碍。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
setting ['setiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲

 
cliche ['kli:ʃei]

想一想再看

n. 陈腔滥调

 
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
constantly ['kɔnstəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 不断地,经常地

 
partner ['pɑ:tnə]

想一想再看

n. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人
v. 同 ... 合

联想记忆
entertain [.entə'tein]

想一想再看

v. 娱乐,招待,怀抱

 
victim ['viktim]

想一想再看

n. 受害者,牺牲

 
crush [krʌʃ]

想一想再看

v. 压碎,碾碎,压榨
n. 压碎,压榨,拥挤

 
decent ['di:snt]

想一想再看

adj. 体面的,正派的,得体的,相当好的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。