What is your substance, whereof are you made,
你的本质是什么?由什么材料构成,
That millions of strange shadows on you tend?
为何有千万个他者之影侍奉在你身边?
Since every one hath, every one, one shade,
既然每一个人只可能有一个形影,
And you, but one, can every shadow lend.
为什么你一个人却能够出借影子万千?
Describe Adonis, and the counterfeit
为阿多尼斯写生吧,而他的肖像
Is poorly imitated after you;
不过是你这原型的拙劣摸仿。
On Helen's cheek all art of beauty set,
纵使在海伦的额上滥施尽美容绝技,
And you in Grecian tires are painted new:
描出的肖像也只是穿上希腊古装的你。
Speak of the spring and foison of the year;
即使用春媚秋丰作个比方,
The one doth shadow of your beauty show,
前者只是你美色的投影,
The other as your bounty doth appear;
后者只是你丰饶的表象,
And you in every blessed shape we know.
世间万美无非是你的变形。
In all external grace you have some part,
大千世界的妩媚无不与你相通,
But you like none, none you, for constant heart.
说起忠诚守节,却无人与你相同。