And once I noticed her...
有一次我注意到了她
It got to be so that I would only go in
我走进去以后
When I knew she was working.
发现她在里面上班
When it was slow, she would lean against the counter,
空下来的时候 她会靠着着柜台
Doing her crossword puzzles,
做她的填字游戏
But kind of hiding it, right,
不过是偷偷的
Pretending that she was still working.
一边假装还在工作
And once I caught on to that,
有一次被我看到了
I would do crossword puzzles while I ate my grilled cheese sandwich.
我吃烤芝士三明治的时候也做填字游戏
It got so that everyday at lunch,
就这样每天午餐的时候
We would both be doing the New York Times crossword puzzle
我们都一起做纽约时报上的填字游戏
Ten feet from each other.
两人隔着10英尺远
and eventually,
终于
I caught her looking over at me.
我发现她在看我
So, I began saying, "excuse me,
于是我就说 请问
Fourteen across, seven-letter word for whatchamacallit.
横向14那个7个字母的单词 你填什么
"May I ask what you wrote down?"
我能问问你填了什么吗
And well, that got us talking.
我们就这样聊了起来
Boy, I tell you, I was... I was terrible at those puzzles.
天啊 告诉你 我其实不会做填字游戏