Good evening.
晚上好
For too long, we in Washington have been lying to you.
一直以来 我们华盛顿的人都没说实话
We say we're here to serve you,
我们说为人民服务
when in fact, we're serving ourselves.
但其实 我们在为自己服务
And why? We are driven by our own desire to get reelected.
为什么 因为我们只想着连任
Our need to stay in power eclipses our duty to govern.
我们渴望保住权力而忽视了治国之职
That ends tonight.
今晚 这到此为止
Tonight, I give you the truth.
今晚 我告诉你们实话
And the truth is this:
实话就是
The American dream has failed you.
美国梦让你们失望了
Work hard? Play by the rules? You aren't guaranteed success.
努力工作 遵守规则 不保证你们能成功
Your children will not have a better life than you did.
你们孩子的生活不会比你们好
Ten million of you can't even get a job,
一千万美国人连工作都找不到
even though you desperately want one.
即使他们非常想要工作
We've been crippled by Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid,
我们被社保 医保 医疗补助
by welfare, by entitlements.
社会 和各种权益所牵绊
And that is the root of the problem: entitlements.
这才是问题的根源 权益