in most cases, and their whole world is being torn apart.
在大多数情况下,他们的整个世界正在四分五裂,
And they're just the kind of people we need to get us out of this economic morass
而且他们不是属于那种属于经济困境的人,
because they've done well in high school and they're wanting to go to college. They're not eligible for scholarships.
因为他们在高校很优异,他们想上大学。他们没有资格获得奖学金,
And I think its part of this issue that we've been talking about that they're seen as this invasive other.
并且这个问题的一部分,我们一直谈论,视他们为侵入者。
And its just, that's something that I'm ashamed of.
这只是,我感到很羞愧的事,
And it's also sending out ambassadors of ill-will all over the world.
并且我们也向世界各地派出充满敌意的大使。
Its not even practical or sensible; its just craziness.
这甚至不实际,也不明智;这只是疯狂。
I want to say something else about the Dream Act which surprises and appalls me:
我想说一些其他使我又惊又怕的关于梦想的事:
its not only students and young people, but you could join the military, you could serve in Afghanistan,
这不仅仅是学生和年轻人,你也可以参军,你可以去阿富汗,
you could serve three tours of duty in Iraq and you cannot be a citizen.
服役,你可以在伊拉克进行三次的巡查任务,但你不能成为一个公民,
Can you imagine being in the American army and after you come back, if you come back, you are not allowed to be a citizen?
你能想象在美军服役后回来,你都不被允许成为一名美国公民吗?
I think through all the wars,
我认为所有的战争,
it's unfortunate that it has to be wars, but so many minority people joined the army thinking that they are going to earn their citizenship.
很不幸这就是战争,但许多外来人口参军只是想能得到他们的公民身份。