手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 亚洲研究公开课 > 正文

亚洲社会文化研究(MP3+双语字幕) 第27期:关于移民的对话(27)

来源:可可英语 编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • But really, the economic reasons are that you want to have food
  • 但事实上,经济原因是你想有食物
  • and you want to feed your family, you want to take care of your family.
  • 并且养活你的家人,你想照顾你的家人。
  • And that is the basic reason for illegal immigration. And the people are so desperate.
  • 这也是非法移民最重要的一个原因。人们是如此绝望。
  • There is no food at home or the home village is all shot up. And so you head for the lifeboat.
  • 家里没有吃的,或者家乡被毁。因此,你请求救生艇。
  • What kind of people will we become if we turn them away?
  • 如果我们赶他们走,我们会变成什么人?
  • Its sort of cultural ethnic cleansing that's happening here, now. That's what upsets me.
  • 在这里,现在文化遭到清洗,那是为什么使我难过的。
  • This woman's comment is that there is a kind of cultural ethnic cleansing happening now. Gish?
  • 这位女士说现在这里还有一种文化的清洗是吗?任?
  • You know, I'll say sort of an unpopular thing because obviously I am pro-immigration.
  • 你知道的,我会说一点不受欢迎的话因为明显我支持移民。
  • I am.
  • 我也是。
  • Yes, I know, I know. I'm just saying that my father was an illegal immigrant also;
  • 我知道,我只想说我爸爸也是一个非法移民;
  • was not legal until I was in grade school. I'm not unsympathetic.
  • 直到我上学才摘掉非法的帽子 我并不是不同情。
  • But I will say that I can understand why others are freaked out. And I can understand it.
  • 但我想说我明白为什么别人会为此而受惊扰,并且我能理解。
  • You know, I just heard a statistic the other day, where our unemployment is 10% overall.
  • 我不久前一天,刚刚看过一个统计,我们这儿总共的失业率是10%。
  • Between 18 and 30 year olds the unemployment is 25%. You know, that's a lot of unemployed people.
  • 18岁到30岁的失业率是25%,有许多失业人口。
  • And that's in, and I also heard something where, not that someone's authority is always unimpeachable.
  • 那是问题所在,我也听说某人的权力是不可质疑的。
  • Larry Summers said, apparently, I know our favorite pundit.
  • 《赖瑞的夏天》说过,显然,我知道我们喜欢的人。
  • Larry Summers apparently said something, looking at the numbers;
  • 里面还明确地指出某事,看数字;
  • You know we could be looking at the end of the middle class in America because the income disparity is growing so large.
  • 我们可以看看在美国,中产阶级的结果因为收入差距越来越大。
  • And he's predicting that past a certain point, there's only going to be poor people and rich people.
  • 并且他批评过去的某一点,只有穷人和富人。
  • And I think that the middle class feels that. I don't know that he's right,
  • 并且中产阶级能感觉到,我不认为他是对的。
  • You know I don't know but what I do think is that the middle class is under a lot of pressure.
  • 但我也认为中产阶级生活在巨大的压力下。
  • And I think that in combination with the fact that we're hard-wired, sadly, to be tribal.
  • 我想结合我们天生群居的事实。
  • You know I mean, I think that all the studies that are coming out about oxytocin, you know the nursing hormone,
  • 我认为所有的研究出来对催产素,你知道护理激素,
  • You know as soon as you feel that great flood of oxytocin that you feel brotherly love.
  • 你一旦感受到洪水般的催产素你就会感到亲切的爱。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

But really, the economic reasons are that you want to have food

但事实上,经济原因是你想有食物
and you want to feed your family, you want to take care of your family.
并且养活你的家人,你想照顾你的家人。
And that is the basic reason for illegal immigration. And the people are so desperate.
这也是非法移民最重要的一个原因。人们是如此绝望。
There is no food at home or the home village is all shot up. And so you head for the lifeboat.
家里没有吃的,或者家乡被毁。因此,你请求救生艇。
What kind of people will we become if we turn them away?
如果我们赶他们走,我们会变成什么人?
Guest: Its sort of cultural ethnic cleansing that's happening here, now. That's what upsets me.
客人:在这里,现在文化遭到清洗,那是为什么使我难过的。
Jim Carroll: This woman's comment is that there is a kind of cultural ethnic cleansing happening now. Gish?
吉姆:这位女士说现在这里还有一种文化的清洗是吗?任?

关于移民的对话.jpg

Gish Jen: You know, I'll say sort of an unpopular thing because obviously I am pro-immigration.

任碧莲:你知道的,我会说一点不受欢迎的话因为明显我支持移民。
Guest: I am.
客人:我也是。
Gish Jen: I know, I know. I'm just saying that my father was an illegal immigrant also;
任碧莲:我知道,我只想说我爸爸也是一个非法移民;
was not legal until I was in grade school. I'm not unsympathetic.
直到我上学才摘掉非法的帽子 我并不是不同情。
But I will say that I can understand why others are freaked out. And I can understand it.
但我想说我明白为什么别人会为此而受惊扰,并且我能理解。
You know, I just heard a statistic the other day, where our unemployment is 10% overall.
我不久前一天,刚刚看过一个统计,我们这儿总共的失业率是10%。
Between 18 and 30 year olds the unemployment is 25%. That's a lot of unemployed people.
18岁到30岁的失业率是25%,有许多失业人口。
And that's in, and I also heard something where, not that someone's authority is always unimpeachable.
那是问题所在,我也听说某人的权力是不可质疑的。
Larry Summers said, apparently, I know our favorite pundit.
《赖瑞的夏天》说过,显然,我知道我们喜欢的人。
Larry Summers apparently said something, looking at the numbers;
里面还明确地指出某事,看数字;
we could be looking at the end of the middle class in America because the income disparity is growing so large.
我们可以看看在美国,中产阶级的结果因为收入差距越来越大。
And he's predicting that past a certain point, there's only going to be poor people and rich people.
并且他批评过去的某一点,只有穷人和富人。
And I think that the middle class feels that. I don't know that he's right,
并且中产阶级能感觉到,我不认为他是对的。
but what I do think is that the middle class is under a lot of pressure.
但我也认为中产阶级生活在巨大的压力下。
And I think that in combination with the fact that we're hard-wired, sadly, to be tribal.
我想结合我们天生群居的事实。
I mean, I think that all the studies that are coming out about oxytocin, you know the nursing hormone,
我认为所有的研究出来对催产素,你知道护理激素,
as soon as you feel that great flood of oxytocin that you feel brotherly love.
你一旦感受到洪水般的催产素你就会感到亲切的爱。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
illegal [i'li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不合法的,非法的
n. 非法移民

联想记忆
unsympathetic ['ʌn.simpə'θetik]

想一想再看

adj. 不表同情的,无情的,不共鸣的

 
unpopular ['ʌn'pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 不流行的,不受欢迎的

 
legal ['li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 法律的,合法的,法定的

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
authority [ə'θɔ:riti]

想一想再看

n. 权力,权威,职权,官方,当局

 
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
unimpeachable [.ʌnim'pi:tʃəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 无懈可击的,无可指责的,无过失的

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
disparity [dis'pæriti]

想一想再看

n. 不一致

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。