They were the Cast at a lot of little places.
在许多小地方他们是二流歌手。
They started out imitating Elvis; then they’d imitate someone else and someone else.
他们开始模仿埃尔维斯,后来还不断模仿其他人。
Eventually, they were so exhausted, they became the Beatles.
最终,他们非常疲劳,他们成为了披头士乐队。
Sometimes you have to be worn out and burnt out to become authentic and original.
有时你必须是在精疲力尽之后才会是最真实的,最独创的。
So, our long meetings-our charettes and gong shows and movie development meetings—they’re like playing music at a crummy little bar for 18 hours.
所以,我们的铜锡秀,电影制作这些长时间的会议,就像在一家寒酸的小酒吧里演奏18个小时。
It’s a way to force ideas out and then edit them. Because essentially we’re editors in this business.
这是强行创意然后对它们进行编辑的方法。因为从本质上说 我们是这项业务的编辑。
The executives and managers at creative companies are editors of other people’s work.
在一个拥有创造力的公司里,经营者和管理者是他人作品的编辑者。
In fact, we consider that our job. We’re editors of sports shows. We don’t just come up with ideas.
事实上,我们认为这就是我们的工作。我们是娱乐节目的编辑。我们并不仅仅产生创意
We listen to other people’s ideas, and we tweak them, change them, refine them, and hopefully improve them.
我们还倾听别人的创意,并对这些创意进行调整,改变并完善,加以改进。
By the way, the creative process doesn’t stop when we talk about strategy of finance.
顺便说一句,当我们讨论财务战略时这一创造过程并未停止。
Our culture of supportive conflict has became institutionalized.
我们“鼓励争执”的企业文化已经制度化了。
When we sit in business meetings, we stay and talk until we figure out how to increase cash flow, or reduce corporate duplication, or rethink our hurdle rates.
当大家坐下开业务会议时, 就会不停地说,不停地辩论,直到在如何提高企业现金流、如何降低工作重复或反思我们的最低回报率等问题上达成共识。
It may not be as much fun as the creative process around movies or TVshows, but it works.
也许这没有像讨论电影或电视节目那样有趣,但它很有效。
Are there any other ways that Disney institutionalizes an environment for creativity?
迪士尼是否有其他的方法营造鼓励创造的环境?
Diversity is a great force toward creativity.
多样化是产生创造力的巨大动力。
For many, many years, we have made a huge effort to make our cast members, as we call our employees, a diverse group of people.
很多年以来,我们作出了巨大的努力以使我们的角色成员,即我们的员工成为一个由多样化的人群组成的团体。