'In my absence he stole my most valuable prize from me.
"他趁我不在,偷走了我最珍贵的东西。
Now I've lost my respect and my good name,and everybody laughs at me.
现在我已失去自尊,失去了好名声,人们都在笑话我。
Marry him,go on,marry him!
嫁给他吧,去嫁给他吧!
I would have died for you,but you have given yourself to a worthless man.
我本可以为你而死,可是你却把自己给了那么一个不值钱的人。
Perhaps he has even kissed you!Tell me he hasn't!'
他也许都吻过你了吧。对我说他没吻过你!"
She was frightened of Boldwood's anger,but she answered bravely,'He has.
伯德伍德的愤怒令她恐惧,但是,她还是勇敢地说,"他是吻过我了,
I'm not ashamed to speak the truth. '
我并没对说实情感到羞耻。"
'I would have given a fortune to touch your hand,'cried Boldwood wildly,
"我愿用一笔财产作交换摸一下你的手,"伯德伍德狂烈地叫喊起来。
'but you have let a man like that-kiss you!
"可你却让那样的一个人--吻你!
One day he'll be sorry,and realize the pain he's caused me!'
总有一天他会后悔的,他会明白他给我造成的痛苦的!"
'Be kind to him,sir,'she cried miserably,'because I love him so much!'
"请宽恕他,先生,"她悲伤地喊道,"因为我太爱他了!"
Boldwood was no longer listening to her.
伯德伍德不再听她的话了。
'I'll punish him!Sweet Bathsheba,forgive me!
"我要惩罚他!可爱的芭丝谢芭,请原谅我!
I've been blaming you,but it's his fault.
我一直在责备你,可这是他的错!
He stole your dear heart away with his lies.
他用谎言偷走了你的芳心。
When I find him,I'll fight him!Keep him away from me,Bathsbeba!'
我见到他,是要揍他的!别让他见到我,芭丝谢芭!"
The desperate man stood still for a moment,then turned and left her.
这位绝望的人静静地站了一刻,便转身走开了。
Bathsheba walked up and down,crying and whispering to herself,
芭丝谢芭来回踱步,哭着,自语着,
then threw herself down by the road,exhausted.
然后坐在路边,筋疲力竭。