There's no way for a dry land in the canyon,so I'm heading for higher ground.
峡谷地形不利于着陆 所以我们向高地方向前进
Okay it's time to get out of here.
好了 该跳下去了
This is my first adventure since I broke my shoulder in Antarctica two monthes ago.
自从两个月前在南极摔伤了肩膀 今天是我首次踏上冒险之旅
I feel fit but I'm up to this new challenge.
我觉得状态不错 准备接受新的挑战
There's no level gound to land on and I'm gonna jump.
直升机无法着陆 我必须跳下飞机
Any mistakes and this will be a bone braker.My planet!Okay gotta go.
稍有疏忽 便会伤筋断骨 我的天啊 开拔吧
I've been dropped high up country in the top of the major river canyon.
我在主河谷的山顶上成功着陆
My first task: assess the situation and work out a plan.
当前首要任务是评估形势 制定计划
All of this is the southern foot of the Appalachian moutains.
这里是阿巴拉契亚山区 南麓
And man alive.It's spectacular.If you wanna get out here,
老天啊 这简直太壮观了 若想成功从这里逃生
you don't really wanna head out river that is north to higher ground.
逆流而上 向北到高处是绝对不可取的
You better off actually following the river, following it south.
顺流而下 一路向南 逃生概率会大增
But getting down is no easy task.It must be 200 feet straight down this.
但进入河谷 绝非易事 看这 至少有两百英尺深
And that's what I called a death drop.
我把这叫做"死亡落差"
And getting down someting like this on my good days is gonna be hard.
就算我身体状态极佳 想从这里下去 也得费一番周折
Let alone two months after I broke my shoulder.If I don't try, I am not gonna know.
更别说两个月前 我肩膀受了伤 但是我不试试的话 怎么知道呢