The current's doing a lot of the work. The tide's taking me through
不过海潮起了不少作用
these inner islands to where I should be able to see the shipping lanes.
正在把我推向 内岛之外能看清航线的地方
Salt water won't freeze until it's minus 2 degrees.
海水在零下2度才会结冰
I'm wet, and I can't feel my fingers now,but I am making good progress with the outgoing tide.
我被打湿了 手指已冻麻 可顺水而漂还算不错
A dead seal in the water over there.Let's see if I can paddle over a bit.
那边水里有只死海豹 我看能否稍稍划过去些
There are large gray-seal colonies on the more remote islands,
更靠外边的岛上有成群的灰海豹
they used to be hunted for their fat to fuel oil lamps.
过去人们常猎取它们 取脂肪作油灯燃料
I've got an idea.I've got this thing.Pretty stinky.
我想到个办法 终于抓住了 臭烘烘的东西
What I want is a bit of this blubber and that will help me keep the signal fire burning a bit longer.
我要弄点海豹油脂 这能帮我 把信号火堆烧得更久
Man, look how much fat it's got on it.
这帮家伙可真够肥的
That's how this guy keeps warm in these icy, icy waters.
海豹正是靠这个 在那冰冷刺骨的 海水中保持体温
The sea's getting rougher now,which could be a sign that the tide's changing.
现在浪头有点大了 应该就是海潮变换的信号
Then onshore currents would drag me back to the mainland,but I'm almost there.
近岸流又可能把我推向内陆 不过我就快到了
Well, these are the outer islands here,just about in time, as well.
这边就是外岛 时间刚刚好
This raft is on its last legs now.
筏子也快要倾覆了