Hello, young man.Do I know you?Stephen Hawking.
你好啊 年轻人 我认识你吗 我是史蒂芬·霍金
I, I applied for you to supervise my Ph.D.
我申请由你来做我的博导
Too busy, was I?Yes, I think so.Brains, balls, and cash.I'm sorry?
我太忙 没接受对吗 我想是的 脑子 胆子 票子 您说什么
Physics, in this country is a battle field and a bloody one.
物理 在这个国家是一个血腥的战场
You need brains which ought to be enough but it isn't,
你得有脑子 这本该够了 但事与愿违
because you need cash to fund whatever your brain is working on.
因为你得有钱去资助你脑子在想的工作
And to get cash no one has in this country,
而你要在这个国家拿到钱
you need balls because they'll try and stop you.
你就得有胆子 因为会有人试图阻止你
You will see. You found the subject?
你走着瞧吧 选好课题了吗
Any ideas?I don't know yet.
有什么想法吗 我还没想好
Well, when you do, remember this:
等你想好了 要记住
You have to fight for what you believe in to the nail,
你要为你相信的事斗争到底
or the buggers will stop you.
否则那些混蛋会阻挡你