手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 地道美语播客(慢速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:错过截止日期

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • I've just had to tell a client that I'm running behind and I won't make the deadline.
  • 我得告诉一位客户我进度落后,可能赶不上最后期限。
  • How did she take it?
  • 她会有怎样的反应?
  • Not so well, at first.
  • 第一反应肯定不是太好。
  • I knew she wouldn't be happy, so I've been in a dilemma for days:
  • 我知道她不会很高兴,所以这几天我一直进退两难:
  • Should I tell her now that I'm going to miss the deadline, or wait until the deadline has passed.
  • 我是不是现在应该告诉她我可能会错过最后截止日期,还是等到大限过去了再开口。
  • For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing.
  • 不管结果怎样,我想你做的都是正确的。
  • It gives her advance notice in case it affects other parts of her project.
  • 得给她打个预防针,以免影响她项目的其他环节。
  • That's what I thought, too.
  • 我就是这么想的。
  • I also offered to make up for any inconvenience the delay would cause.
  • 我也愿意弥补因延误造成的任何损失。
  • Did she take you up on it?
  • 她采纳你的意见了吗?
  • No, she said that giving me a three-day extension wouldn't set her back, but if it dragged on for longer than that, it would put her in an awkward spot, and she would let me know.
  • 不,她说给我3天宽限,这不会对她造成影响,但如果再拖延,会让她处于尴尬的境地,她希望我能了解。
  • I'm glad you came to an understanding.
  • 我很高兴你能这样理解。
  • So you'll have it done by the new deadline, right?
  • 所以你必须在新的截止日期前搞定,对吗?
  • Yes, even if I have to do without sleep, food, or bathroom breaks for the next week.
  • 是的,即使下周我不眠不休,不吃不喝,不去厕所也要弄完。
  • That's very dedicated of you, though potentially messy.
  • 虽然可能有点混乱,但你真的很投入。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》

Oliver:I've just had to tell a client that I'm running behind and I won't make the deadline.

奥利弗:我得告诉一位客户我进度落后,可能赶不上最后期限。
Alena:How did she take it?
阿勒娜:她会有怎样的反应?
Oliver:Not so well, at first.
奥利弗:第一反应肯定不是太好。
I knew she wouldn't be happy, so I've been in a dilemma for days:
我知道她不会很高兴,所以这几天我一直进退两难:
Should I tell her now that I'm going to miss the deadline, or wait until the deadline has passed.
我是不是现在应该告诉她我可能会错过最后截止日期,还是等到大限过去了再开口。
Alena:For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing.
阿勒娜:不管结果怎样,我想你做的都是正确的。

It gives her advance notice in case it affects other parts of her project.

得给她打个预防针,以免影响她项目的其他环节。
Oliver:That's what I thought, too.
奥利弗:我就是这么想的。
I also offered to make up for any inconvenience the delay would cause.
我也愿意弥补因延误造成的任何损失。
Alena:Did she take you up on it?
阿勒娜:她采纳你的意见了吗?
Oliver:No, she said that giving me a three-day extension wouldn't set her back, but if it dragged on for longer than that, it would put her in an awkward spot, and she would let me know.
奥利弗:不,她说给我3天宽限,这不会对她造成影响,但如果再拖延,会让她处于尴尬的境地,她希望我能了解。
Alena:I'm glad you came to an understanding.
阿勒娜:我很高兴你能这样理解。
So you'll have it done by the new deadline, right?
所以你必须在新的截止日期前搞定,对吗?
Oliver:Yes, even if I have to do without sleep, food, or bathroom breaks for the next week.
奥利弗:是的,即使下周我不眠不休,不吃不喝,不去厕所也要弄完。
Alena:That's very dedicated of you, though potentially messy.
阿勒娜:虽然可能有点混乱,但你真的很投入。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
dedicated ['dedi.keitid]

想一想再看

adj. 专注的,献身的,专用的

 
extension [iks'tenʃən]

想一想再看

n. 伸展,延长,扩充,电话分机

联想记忆
awkward ['ɔ:kwəd]

想一想再看

adj. 笨拙的,尴尬的,(设计)别扭的

 
inconvenience [.inkən'vi:njəns]

想一想再看

n. 不便,困难
vt. 使 ... 不便,使

 
delay [di'lei]

想一想再看

v. 耽搁,推迟,延误
n. 耽搁,推迟,延期

 
dilemma [di'lemə]

想一想再看

n. 困境,进退两难

联想记忆
potentially [pə'tenʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 潜在地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。