莫妮卡:因此我认为这样不可行。
We should consider other ideas.
我们应该另谋他法。
That was Monica. She's my co-worker and my nemesis.
那就是莫妮卡。她是我的同事,同时也是我的竞争对手。
She criticizes all of my ideas, but I've learned that the best defense is to not get defensive.
我所有的想法她都批判,但我心里清楚最好的防御是主动出击。
Kazuya:I appreciate your feedback.

I understand your reservations, but let me show you these figures I've worked up, which I believe will address your concerns.
我理解你的担忧,但让我向你展示这些我精心做出的数据,我相信会解决你的问题。
I knew Monica would attack my ideas, so I had come prepared.
我知道莫妮卡会针对我的点子,所以我已有所准备。
Monica:That's all very impressive, but I still think we need to consider other options.
莫妮卡:所有令人印象深刻,但我仍然认为我们需要考虑其他方案。
Unfortunately, when Monica digs in her heels, I know that the only thing to do is to placate her.
不幸的是,当莫妮卡采取攻势的时候,我清楚唯一要做的事就是去安抚她。
That plus a delaying tactic usually works.
通常还要再加上缓兵之计。
Kazuya:Your comments have given me a lot to think about.
三岛:你的观点让我思考许久。
We're running short on time and we want to get to the other topics for discussion, so let's come back to it next week.
我们时间紧迫而且我们想要就另一个话题展开讨论,让我们下周再处理这个问题。
Luckily, I know something else about Monica:She has a short attention span.
幸运的是,我还了解莫妮卡的是她的注意力持续时间很短。
By next week, she'll be onto her next victim!