手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 地道美语播客(慢速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:开通海外帐户

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Wait! Don't deposit that money into our regular bank account.
  • 等等!别把钱存到我们的普通账户下。
  • I'll take care of it.
  • 我来处理。
  • Okay, but why?
  • 好吧,但为什么呢?
  • I've come up with a way for us to avoid paying so much in taxes each year.
  • 我想到了一个每年不交这么多的税的方法。
  • I've opened an offshore account in the Crook Islands.
  • 我开通了一个克鲁克群岛的海外帐户。
  • We can funnel our money into that account and it'll be untraceable.
  • 我们可以将钱汇到这个账户,而且无迹可寻。
  • But that's tax evasion.
  • 但这是逃税行为。
  • The banks in the Crook Islands have ways of covering up the paper trail so no one will be the wiser.
  • 克鲁克群岛的各大银行都会掩盖书面记录,所以没人会知道。
  • That doesn't make it legal.
  • 这并不合法。
  • They haven't caught us yet.
  • 目前我们还没被发现。
  • You mean you've already started putting money into that account?
  • 你的意思是你已经开始把钱放到这个账户里了?
  • I've been depositing money into it for nearly a year.
  • 我这样做已经快1年了。
  • And when were you going to tell me?
  • 那你打算什么时候告诉我?
  • I'm telling you now. Trust me.
  • 我现在正跟你讲啊。相信我。
  • These tax havens are very popular with the rich.
  • 这样的避税天堂很受富人欢迎。
  • We're just taking a page from their book on how to save money.
  • 我们只是学习他们如何省钱。
  • We're going to get caught. We should come clean now.
  • 我们会被抓的。趁现在赶紧坦白去吧。
  • That's why I didn't tell you before!
  • 所以我才一直没告诉你!
  • I knew you'd make a fuss about it.
  • 我就知道你会大惊小怪。
  • And you were right.
  • 你是对的。
  • We need to quietly close the account and bring the money back.
  • 我们需要安静地关了这个账户,然后把钱弄回来。
  • Then we'll have to pay taxes on it and maybe even a penalty, more than we would've had to pay in taxes originally.
  • 然后我们要去缴税,甚至接受惩罚,肯定比我们最初缴纳的要多。
  • Right and that's called poetic justice.
  • 没错,这就是 应得的惩罚。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》

Sabrina:Wait! Don't deposit that money into our regular bank account.

塞布丽娜:等等!别把钱存到我们的普通账户下。
I'll take care of it.
我来处理。
Luis:Okay, but why?
路易斯:好吧,但为什么呢?
Sabrina:I've come up with a way for us to avoid paying so much in taxes each year.
塞布丽娜:我想到了一个每年不交这么多的税的方法。
I've opened an offshore account in the Crook Islands.
我开通了一个克鲁克群岛的海外帐户。

We can funnel our money into that account and it'll be untraceable.

我们可以将钱汇到这个账户,而且无迹可寻。
Luis:But that's tax evasion.
路易斯:但这是逃税行为。
Sabrina:The banks in the Crook Islands have ways of covering up the paper trail so no one will be the wiser.
塞布丽娜:克鲁克群岛的各大银行都会掩盖书面记录,所以没人会知道。
Luis:That doesn't make it legal.
路易斯:这并不合法。
Sabrina:They haven't caught us yet.
塞布丽娜:目前我们还没被发现。
Luis:You mean you've already started putting money into that account?
路易斯:你的意思是你已经开始把钱放到这个账户里了?
Sabrina:I've been depositing money into it for nearly a year.
塞布丽娜:我这样做已经快1年了。
Luis:And when were you going to tell me?
路易斯:那你打算什么时候告诉我?
Sabrina:I'm telling you now. Trust me.
塞布丽娜:我现在正跟你讲啊。相信我。
These tax havens are very popular with the rich.
这样的避税天堂很受富人欢迎。
We're just taking a page from their book on how to save money.
我们只是学习他们如何省钱。
Luis:We're going to get caught. We should come clean now.
路易斯:我们会被抓的。趁现在赶紧坦白去吧。
Sabrina:That's why I didn't tell you before!
塞布丽娜:所以我才一直没告诉你!
I knew you'd make a fuss about it.
我就知道你会大惊小怪。
Luis:And you were right.
路易斯:你是对的。
We need to quietly close the account and bring the money back.
我们需要安静地关了这个账户,然后把钱弄回来。
Sabrina:Then we'll have to pay taxes on it and maybe even a penalty, more than we would've had to pay in taxes originally.
塞布丽娜:然后我们要去缴税,甚至接受惩罚,肯定比我们最初缴纳的要多。
Luis:Right and that's called poetic justice.
路易斯:没错,这就是应得的惩罚。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
covering ['kʌvəriŋ]

想一想再看

n. 覆盖物,遮避物 adj. 掩护的,掩盖的

 
fuss [fʌs]

想一想再看

n. 大惊小怪,小题大作,强烈不满或争吵
vi

 
penalty ['penəlti]

想一想再看

n. 处罚,惩罚

联想记忆
legal ['li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 法律的,合法的,法定的

联想记忆
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
evasion [i'veiʒən]

想一想再看

n. 逃避,藉口,偷漏(税)

联想记忆
polished ['pɔliʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 擦亮的;优美的;圆滑的 v. 擦亮(polis

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。