手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 地道美语播客(慢速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:如何对孩子进行奖励效果最佳

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • No, you can't have a new bike if you get an "A" on the test.
  • 如果你考试不拿A是不会给你买辆新自行车的。
  • You should study because you want to do well in school.
  • 你应该学习,因为你想在学校好好表现。
  • We'll talk about it when I get home tonight. Kids!
  • 今晚我回家后再谈论这个话题。 孩子们!
  • What's the matter?
  • 怎么了?
  • My kids won't do anything without an incentive.
  • 没有奖励我的孩子不会做任何事情。
  • I know it's my own fault for offering rewards for good behavior, but now, all they want to know is what they'll get to do what I ask.
  • 我知道为他们的良好表现提供奖励是我自己的错,但是现在他们想知道的是照我的要求他们会得到什么。
  • Rewards are okay if you use them sparingly, aren't they?
  • 如果你谨慎使用奖励就会是好的,不是吗?
  • That's the problem.
  • 这就是问题所在。
  • I feel like I have to bribe them to do the simplest things.
  • 我觉得自己要贿赂他们做些最简单的事情。
  • I get home from work and I'm tired and frazzled.
  • 我下班回家感到劳累,疲惫不堪。
  • I don't want another power struggle so I rely on bribes.
  • 我不希望另一个权力斗争,所以我依靠贿赂。
  • It's backfired.
  • 但恰恰适得其反。
  • How do you mean?
  • 你什么意思?
  • Now my kids won't do anything without knowing what's in it for them.
  • 现在我的孩子不会做任何没有利益的事情。
  • And they keep upping the ante.
  • 而且他们继续加码。
  • Soon I'll have to start forking over cash to get them to behave.
  • 很快我就得开始为他们的行为支付现金了。
  • I don't know what to say.
  • 我不知道该说什么。
  • When I was growing up, my mother put the fear of God into us.
  • 在我像他们那么大的时候,我的母亲总拿上帝吓唬我们。
  • We wouldn't dare misbehave for fear of making her angry.
  • 我们不敢表现不好,怕她生气。
  • We never got rewards for good behavior.
  • 我们从未因为良好行为得到奖励。
  • It was just expected of us.
  • 这只是对我们的期望。
  • What's your mother's number?
  • 你妈妈的号码是多少?
  • Is she available to babysit?
  • 她可以帮忙照顾小孩子吗?
  • Uh, I don't know.
  • 嗯,我不知道。
  • I don't think she could inspire that kind of obedience from other people's children.
  • 我不认为她能激发别人的孩子有这样的服从感。
  • I'm desperate!
  • 我感到彻底绝望了!
  • At the very least, she can give me a few parenting lessons.
  • 至少,她可以给我提供些育儿经验。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》

Camille:No, you can't have a new bike if you get an “A” on the test.

卡米尔:如果你考试不拿A是不会给你买辆新自行车的。
You should study because you want to do well in school.
你应该学习,因为你想在学校好好表现。
We'll talk about it when I get home tonight. Kids!
今晚我回家后再谈论这个话题。 孩子们!
Aaron:What's the matter?
亚伦:怎么了?
Camille:My kids won't do anything without an incentive.
卡米尔:没有奖励我的孩子不会做任何事情。

I know it's my own fault for offering rewards for good behavior, but now, all they want to know is what they'll get to do what I ask.

我知道为他们的良好表现提供奖励是我自己的错,但是现在他们想知道的是照我的要求他们会得到什么。
Aaron:Rewards are okay if you use them sparingly, aren't they?
亚伦:如果你谨慎使用奖励就会是好的,不是吗?
Camille:That's the problem.
卡米尔:这就是问题所在。
I feel like I have to bribe them to do the simplest things.
我觉得自己要贿赂他们做些最简单的事情。
I get home from work and I'm tired and frazzled.
我下班回家感到劳累,疲惫不堪。
I don't want another power struggle so I rely on bribes.
我不希望另一个权力斗争,所以我依靠贿赂。
It's backfired.
但恰恰适得其反。
Aaron:How do you mean?
亚伦:你什么意思?
Camille:Now my kids won't do anything without knowing what's in it for them.
卡米尔:现在我的孩子不会做任何没有利益的事情。
And they keep upping the ante.
而且他们继续加码。
Soon I'll have to start forking over cash to get them to behave.
很快我就得开始为他们的行为支付现金了。
Aaron:I don't know what to say.
亚伦:我不知道该说什么。
When I was growing up, my mother put the fear of God into us.
在我像他们那么大的时候,我的母亲总拿上帝吓唬我们。
We wouldn't dare misbehave for fear of making her angry.
我们不敢表现不好,怕她生气。
We never got rewards for good behavior.
我们从未因为良好行为得到奖励。
It was just expected of us.
这只是对我们的期望。
Camille:What's your mother's number?
卡米尔:你妈妈的号码是多少?
Is she available to babysit?
她可以帮忙照顾小孩子吗?
Aaron:Uh, I don't know.
亚伦:嗯,我不知道。
I don't think she could inspire that kind of obedience from other people's children.
我不认为她能激发别人的孩子有这样的服从感。
Camille:I'm desperate!
卡米尔:我感到彻底绝望了!
At the very least, she can give me a few parenting lessons.
至少,她可以给我提供些育儿经验。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
desperate ['despərit]

想一想再看

adj. 绝望的,不顾一切的

联想记忆
available [ə'veiləbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的

联想记忆
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 
inspire [in'spair]

想一想再看

vt. 影响,使 ... 感动,激发,煽动
v

联想记忆
incentive [in'sentiv]

想一想再看

adj. 刺激的,鼓励的
n. 刺激,鼓励,动

联想记忆
obedience [ə'bi:djəns]

想一想再看

n. 服从,顺从

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。