手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > 公众人物毕业演讲 > 正文

第38期:比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(19)

来源:可可英语 编辑:shaun   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

So let your heart break.

让自己沉浸于心碎
It will change what you do with your optimism.
这会改变你们对乐观的理解
On a trip to South Asia,
有一次去南亚
I met a desperately poor Indian woman who had two children
我碰到了一位赤贫的印度女性 她有两个孩子
and she begged me to take them home with me.
她请求我把这两个孩子带回去领养
And when I begged her for her forgiveness she said,
在我请她原谅我的无能为力时 她说
well, then please, just take one of them.
那请你领养其中一个孩子行吗
On another trip to south Los Angeles,
还有一次我去南洛杉矶
I met with a group of the students from a tough neighborhood.
见了一群来自艰苦社区的学生
A young girl said to me,
一个小女孩跟我说
do you ever feel like we are the kids
你有没有觉得我们这些孩子
whose parents shirked their responsibilities
都被父母放置不理
and we are just the leftovers?
我们只不过是多余的东西
These women broke my heart.
这些女性让我感到心碎
And they still do.
现在仍然如此
And the empathy intensifies if I admit to myself, that could be me.
如果想想"这也可能是我" 同情心便会越发强烈
When I talk with the mothers I meet during my travels,
我在其它地方碰到过很多母亲
there's no difference between what we want for our children.
我们想为子女提供的东西其实并没有太大差别
The only difference is our ability to provide it to our children.
唯一差别在于我们为子女提供这些东西的能力
So what accounts for that difference?
这种差异是如何造成的

重点单词   查看全部解释    
optimism ['ɔptimizəm]

想一想再看

n. 乐观,乐观主义

联想记忆
empathy ['empəθi]

想一想再看

n. 移情作用,共鸣,执着投入

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。