相关专题:
ACT III
... my slogan is "I care." ……我的口号是 “我关心” 。
I care about people, not things. 我关心人,而不是东西。
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart. 请投我,Ellen Stewart一票。
I care. 我关心。
How was it? 怎么样?
You were terrific! 真是太棒了!
Can I see it? 我可以看吗?
Sure. 当然可以。
Hello. My name is Ellen Stewart, 你们好,我叫Ellen Stewart ,
and I'm running for the open seat on the school board. 我正在竞选联合校董事会董事的席位。
My slogan is "I care." 我的口号是“关心” 。
What does the word care mean? 所谓关心是指什么?
... I care about people, not things. ……我关心人,而不是东西。
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart. 请投我, Ellen Stewart一票。
I care. 我关心。
I like it, 我觉得不错。
but now what? 但下一步怎么办?
How can we possibly get it on so Riverdale 我们怎样才能让Riverdale的人
will see it and hear it? 看到和听到它呢?
Leave it to me. 交给我来办吧。
... I mean that when I say "I care", ……我的意思是当我说“我关心”,
I care about people, not things. 我关心的是人,而不是东西。
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart. 请投我, Ellen Stewart一票。
I care. 我关心。
What happened? 发生了什么事?
Mom is now on television 妈妈现在出现在电视上
in every appliance store in Riverdale, 在Riverdale的每一家电器行,
except Hamlin's. Hamlin的店除外。
He's a Boswell voter. 他是Boswell的支持者。
That's a brilliant idea, Richard! 这主意太棒了, Richard!
You inherited your father's brains. 你继承了你父亲的好头脑。
We got our brains from you, Dad. 我们从你那儿继承了好头脑,爸爸。
And guess what? 你们猜怎么着?
I called channel five. 我打电话给了第五频道。
Their TV news is going to cover it. 他们的电视新闻将报导这一消息。
"Housewife campaigns in appliance stores." “家庭主妇在电器行进行竞选活动。”
And I'll bet 我敢打赌
some magazine will pick up the story, too. 一些杂志也将刊登这项消息。
Mom, you're going to win! 妈妈,你会赢的!
I know it! 我知道!
Hold it, Robbie! 停, Robbie!
Just cool down. 冷静一点。
I know we're getting some attention now, 我认为我们现在固然渐渐引起一些注意,
but in the end the voters will have to decide. 但最后却要由选民来决定。
You're gonna win. 你一会赢的。
Trust me! 相信我!
In the hotly contested race 在这场激烈竞赛中
for the one seat on the Riverdale School Board, 争夺Riverdale联合校董事会董事的一个席次,
Mrs. Ellen Stewart has taken an early lead. Ellen Stewart太太初步领先。
She's winning! 她赢了!
Mom, you're winning! 妈妈,你赢了!
Now returning to other local news ... 现在再报导其它地方新闻---
Riverdale High School Riverdale高中
beat its rival Horace Mann in baseball today ... 在今天的棒球赛中打败了对手Horace Mann队----
It's too soon to know for certain. 现在还太早,不知道确切情况。
You're ahead. 你领先呢。
That's better than being behind. 这总比落后要好。
More sports after this. 广告后还有许多运动消息。
It's not over yet. 还没有完呢。
Let's just all calm down, 让我们全都冷静下来,
and wait for the final results. 等待最后的结果。
Ellen, why don't you go out to the backyard Ellen,何不去院子
and get some fresh air? 呼吸一些新鲜空气呢?
Thank you, Grandpa. 谢谢你,爷爷。
I need some. 我确实需要。
What happened? 怎么样?
You came very close, Ellen. 差了一点点,Ellen。