相关专题:
ACT II
Here are the fliers, hot off the press! 传单来了, 刚刚印出来!
Looks good. 看起来很好。
Simple. 简单明了。
Right over here, Grandpa. 请到这儿来,爷爷。
You fold the fliers. 你来折传单。
Richard and I will put them into the envelopes. 我和Richard把它们放进信封。
We finished addressing over three hundred envelopes. 我们写了三百多个信件地址了。
Need another box? 需要另一个箱子吗?
Good work, gang. 做得很好,大伙们。
Hi, this is Mike Johnson. 嗨,我是Mike Johnson。
Can I speak with Mr. or Mrs. Anderson? 我可以跟Anderson先生或太太说话吗?
Thanks. 谢谢。
Mr. Nelson. Nelson先生。
Hi. This is Robbie Stewart. 你好。我是Robbie Stewart。
Did you know 你知道
my mother is running for the school board? 我母亲竞选联合校董事会董事的事么?
Yes, Miss Kim, Ellen Stewart. 是的, Kim小姐,是Ellen Stewart。
"She cares." “她关心。”
Oh, see you at the polls. 噢,在投票所见。
Certainly. 当然。
I'll give her your best wishes, 我会转告她你的祝福,
Mr. Nelson. Nelson先生。
Hi, this is Mike Johnson. 嗨,我是Mike Johnson。
Can I speak with Mr. or Mrs. Burns? 我可以跟Burns先生或太太通话吗?
Thank you. 谢谢。
We have done so much 我们已做了这么多的事
in such a short amount of time. 在这么短的时间内。
I can't believe it! 我简直不敢相信!
Wait till Philip comes home and sees our progress. 等着Philip回来看到我们工作的反应。
Everyone saw the story in the Riverdale newspaper. 每个人都已看到Riverdale报纸上的新闻。
Mr. Maxwell was very kind Maxwell先生很好心
to print my announcement. 刊登了我宣布竞选的消息。
It helps enormously. 这个帮助很大。
Everybody in Riverdale reads his paper. Riverdale的每个人都读他的报纸。
Your photo in it helped, too. 在报纸上的照片也有帮助。
Thanks to you, Richard, 谢谢你, Richard ,
it's a good picture. 那是一张好照片。
Well, hi, all. 噢,嗨。
Hi, Dad. 你好,爸爸。
Hello, darling. 哈,亲爱的。
May I ... may I help? 我能……我能帮你忙吗?
Licking envelopes. 粘信封。
I fold the fliers. 我折传单。
We stuff them. 我们装传单。
And I lick the envelopes. 那我就粘信封 。
Hey, everybody, 嗨,大家听着,
Mrs. Greenberg is on the phone. Greenberg太太打电话
She says Carter Boswell is on the TV right now-- 她说Carter Boswell现在正在电视上----
doing a commercial. 正在做广告。
What channel? 哪个频道?
Five. 5号。
Five? 5号?
... and if you ask what I care about, I'll tell you. ……假如你们问我关心什么,我可以告诉你们。
I care about the school buildings in need of paint. 我关心学校的建筑物需要粉刷。
I care about more lockers for the teachers. 我关心教师要有更多的储物柜。
I care about new fixtures in the hallways-- 我关心走廊的新灯具---
not music or dancing or entertainment. 而不是音乐,舞蹈或者娱乐。
I care about the practical things. 我关心实用的事物。
If you do, vote for me, Carter Boswell. 假如你有同感请投我一票,Carter Boswell。
A lot of people will agree with him. 许多人会赞同他。
I told you. 我告诉过你了。
Too bad kids can't vote. 可惜小孩不能投票。
It's our school, but we can't vote. 那是我们的学校,可是我们却不能投票。
There are people in favor of the cultural programs, Mom. 会有许多人赞成文化活动的,妈妈。
There are, Ellen. 一定有,Ellen。
Don't be upset by Boswell's commercial. 不要为了Boswell的广告而忧心。
You have to go on television, too. 你也应该上电视。
Boswell's a powerful speaker. Boswell是个有辩才的家伙。
You can be, too. 你也能做到。
Your ideas are good ones. 你的想法很好。
I don't know. 我不知道。
I'm not sure I'm up to it. 我不能肯定我是否能做得来。