相关专题:
ACT II
Hello. What can I do for you? 你好。我能为你做点什么?
Hi. Fill 'er up. 嗨,把油箱加满。
I need a full tank. 我要满满一箱。
Check the hood? 要不要检查一下机子?
No, thanks. 不用了,谢谢。
Whereabouts are you headed? 你要去哪儿?
Pete Waters's farm, near Chesterton. Pete Waters的农场,在Chesterton附近。
I know it well. 我对它熟得很。
Pete Waters's lived around here almost as long as I have. Pete Waters住在这儿差不多跟我一样久了。
How long is it going to take for me to get there? 到那儿还需要多久时间?
About fifteen minutes. 大约十五分钟吧。
There's a shortcut--if you know it. 假如你识路的话---有一条近路可走。
No, I don't. 不,我不识路。
Could you tell me how to use the shortcut? 你能告诉我怎么走这条近路?
Sure. You take the next left turn. 当然。你在下一个路口左拐。
You'll see a stop sign. 会看到有个停车标志。
Make a right at the stop sign. 就在停车标志那儿向右拐。
Stay on that road, and you'll cross a blue bridge. 沿着路开下去,你会经过一座蓝色的桥。
Then you'll see a big old red barn. 然后你就会看到一座旧的红色大仓库。
That's the back of Pete Waters's place. 那就是Pete Watters住处的后面。
That's quite a difference from the directions that Pete sent me. 这和Pete寄给我的路的指示完全不同。
Now, if you take that route, it's probably a lot simpler, 哦,假如你走这条路的话,可能会简单得多。
but it'll take you ten minutes longer. 但会多花你十分钟的时间。
OK. Let me repeat it. 好吧。让我重复一遍。
I take the next left turn to the stop sign. 我在下个路口左转弯到一个停车标志。
Then a right across a blue bridge, 然后右转经过一座蓝色的桥,
and then a big red barn. 然后就是一座大大的红色仓库。
Can't miss it. 错不了的。
How much do I owe you? 我应付你多少钱?
Well, that'll be eighteen dollars and seventy cents. 嗯,十八美元七十美分。
No charge for the cleanup. 清洗不用付费。
It's on the house. 这是免费的。
Well, here's a twenty. 嗯,这是二十美美元
Ah. OK. That's a dollar and thirty cents change. 啊,好啦。这是一美元三十美分的零钱。
There we go ... will make twenty. Thanks. 你看……加起来来正好二十美元。谢谢了。
Thank you. 谢谢。
And thanks for the directions. 谢谢你给我指路。
This must be Pete's barn. 这一定是Pete的的仓库了。