Listen to a conversation between a student and a music director.
请听一个学生和一位音乐总监之间的对话。
Miss Harper?
Harper小姐?
Yes, can I help you?
对,需要帮忙吗?
Hi, my name’s Eric Paterson, I’m a journalism student, I wanted to ask you about the orchestra...
你好,我叫Eric Paterson,我是新闻系的学生,我想向您了解一下管弦乐队......
I’m sorry, Eric. But the orchestra is only open to music majors.
很抱歉,Eric,但是管弦乐队只招音乐专业的学生。
Really? Well, see...
真的吗?是这样的......
But the policy is changing next year, after that, if you’ve taken three music courses, you will be able to audition.
但是明年政策就有变动了,在那之后,如果你上过三门音乐课,那就可以参加面试了。
Well, I have taken some music courses and I do play the double bass.So maybe that’s something to think about,
我上过一些音乐课,而且我会拉低音提琴。所以也许那值得考虑,
but actually I was here about something else.
但是实际上我是为了其他事而来的。
Oh, sorry. It’s I...I get that question all the time. So...
哦,对不起,只是......我总是被问到那个问题,所以......
That’s okay. The thing is I work for Magna-the school paper and I am reporting on last week’s concert.
没关系,事情是这样的,我是学校报社Magna的,而我正在报道上周的音乐会。
Now I went to it and I really enjoyed it, but now I’m looking for some background knowledge.
我去看了,而且非常喜欢,但是现在我在找一些背景知识。
Well, I can refer you to some of the students in the orchestra if you’d like a young musician’s point of view.
如果你想要年轻音乐家的观点,我可以让你跟乐队的一些学生谈谈。
Uh...I guess that might be helpful. But...um...I’m really looking for a little bit of scholarly prospective.
我猜那也许有帮助,但是......我真正在找的是更学术性一些的角度。