Ann: I don’t like our son watching those films and reading those books. They’re corrupting his mind.
安:我不想让咱们的儿子看这些电影还有这些书。这会腐蚀他的思想。
Elio: I don’t like it either, but he’s old enough to read and watch what he likes without our interference.
埃利奥:我也不喜欢,但是儿子已经长大了,我们不该再干涉他喜欢看的书和电影。
Ann: But they’re brainwashing him! Those books and films are full of evil, perverted ideas.
安:但是这些东西会给他洗脑!这些书和影片都充满了邪恶,变态的想法。
Elio: They’re certainly blasphemous and profane. I agree with you. But what can we do? Maybe his interest in them will be short-lived.
埃利奥:的确这些东西都是亵渎神明的。我跟你的想法一致。但是我们能做什么呢?也许他只是一时沉迷这些东西。
Ann: Even if he loses interest, we’ll have to find a way to reverse the damage that’s been done. He’ll need to be deprogramed.
安:即便他对这些失去兴趣,那我们也得设法纠正他因此受到的影响。他需要摒弃这些观念。
Elio: Maybe their effect will be short- lived, too. Deep down he’s a good kid. We both know that.
埃利奥:也许这些负面的影响也只是暂时的。说到底,他还是个很善良的孩子。你我都知道这一点。
Ann: Yes, but those ideas are dangerous. I hope he doesn’t act on them.
安:是的,但是这些观念实在是太可怕了。希望他别按照这些想法行事。
Elio: Don’t even think it. That would spell disaster.
埃利奥:千万不要这样想。这会招致灾难。
Ann: All right, I’ll only think good thoughts.
安:好吧,我会往好的方面想。
Elio: Good.
埃利奥:很好。
Ann: Where are you going?
安:你要去哪里?
Elio: I’m hoping for the best, but just in case, it doesn’t hurt to monitor what he’s saying on social media.
埃利奥:虽说往最好的方面想,但为了以防万一,查看一下他个人网站上的动态也没有什么妨碍吧。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载