梅丽莎:我们大难临头了!
If we have to recall 100,000 units, we'll take a huge loss this year.
如果我们召回100,000件产品,我们今年就会蒙受巨大损失。
Lee:We have no choice. The product defect poses a safety hazard.
李:我们别无选择。产品缺陷造成了安全隐患。
If we don't act quickly, we'll have a huge liability issue on our hands.
如果不及时处理,我们将会承担巨大责任。
Melissa:I think we're blowing this out of proportion.
梅丽莎:我想是有点过分担忧了。
Only a small amount of our June product run was affected.
我们6月份的产品只有少量受到影响。
Lee:Yes, but even one case of someone getting hurt because of the defect would be a PR nightmare, and that's on top of the charges of negligence we'd have to face in court.
李:是的,但因为缺陷即使造成一起伤人案例也会造成公关噩梦,到了法庭上我们不得不面对疏忽指控。
We need to get ahead of this now.
现在我们需要提前下足功夫。
Melissa:All right, all right.
梅丽莎:好吧,好吧。
I guess we have no choice. Should we hold a press conference to announce the recall?
我想我们别无选择。我们是否该举行一场新闻发布会宣布召回?
Lee:We'll send out a press release first and then hold a press conference.
李:我们先发新闻稿,然后再举行新闻发布会。
Melissa:I'm putting you in charge of it. Get it done.
梅丽莎:我交给你全权负责。你去搞定。
Lee:You mean in charge of getting the press release sent out?
李:你的意思是负责发新闻稿?
Melissa:I mean that and the press conference.
梅丽莎:我的意思是还有新闻发布会。
You can face the press and answer their questions.
你要直面媒体并回答他们的问题。
Lee:You're throwing me to the wolves?
李:你是把这个烂摊子丢给我?
Melissa:Not at all. I'm helping you raise your profile in the company.
梅丽莎:正相反。我在帮助你提高你的公司形象。
You should be thanking me.
你应该感谢我。
Lee:Somehow I don't feel so grateful.
李:我不这样觉得。