So you have a special skill, they tell me, that has been passed down through the generations.
你这个特殊技能,我听别人说是一代代传下来的。
What is it? Snail whispering.
到底是什么?蜗牛耳语。
Excuse me? Snail whispering.
什么?蜗牛耳语。
You mean like the slow thing that crawls on the ground?
你说的就是那种在地上爬的小生物?
No, the one that lives on the beach when it, like, goes like this very slowly and he lives on the beach. Oh, okay.
不是,它生活在海滩,走路很慢的那种。哦,我明白了。
People whisper to snails in Maine? That's what they do in Maine.
缅因州的人对蜗牛耳语?是的。
So do the snails whisper back? No.
那么,蜗牛会向你们耳语吗?不会。
They come out of their shells.
它们会从壳中露出头。
You have pet snails?
你养过宠物蜗牛吗?
No, we don't have pet snails.
我们没有宠物蜗牛。
We have pet dogs. Oh.
我们有宠物狗。
So explain to me how you whisper to the snails.
向我们解释一下你们是怎么做到的。
You take a snail and you hum to it.
首先拿起一只蜗牛,然后对它哼唱。
Really? And then that causes the snail to do what? Come out of its shell.
真的?那蜗牛会做什么?从壳里出来。
Okay, so can you show us how to do it?
能向我们展示一下吗?
You can? Here?
你能?是在这里吗?
Oh, wow. Okay. I think those are 15 snails or 50, I'm not sure. Well, it's a little bit more than 15.
哇。好的。我不确定这里有15只还是50只。比15只多一些。
Where do you want me to put these?
你想让我把它放哪?
You can just put them there. Okay. Just sit them right here? Mm-hmm.
放这里就行。好的。放这里吗?是的。
What do you do?
接下来怎么做?
You do this. You just pick up one? And you do this.
我做这个。拿起一个蜗牛?我做这个。
Look. Oh, that's it right there? Yes.
看。哦,它出来了?是的。
That's crazy. Okay, is it a certain note you're hitting? No.
这太疯狂了。是不是你的某些音调让它这么做?不是。
All you do is pick up a snail and you just start humming.
你要做的就是拿起一个蜗牛,然后对它耳语。
Okay, hold it up.
好,你拿住。
My father's passed, but right now, he's in Heaven looking at me going, that is not what I taught you.
我父亲过世了,但他现在正在天堂看着我,说这可不是我教你的。
He's coming out. He was coming.
它出来了。它出来。
Come on out, little snail
出来吧,小蜗牛。
I said come on out
我说快出来吧。
Don't sing to it! He's not gonna come out!
不要对它唱歌!那样它是不会出来的!
He likes that. It's a snail song.
它喜欢这样,这是蜗牛之歌。
It's not a snail song. It is a snail song. This is a snail song.
这不是蜗牛之歌。这是。这个才是。
Okay, let's do it together then. You ready? One, two, three.
那让我们一起做,准备好了?一二三。
Rhys? Can I tell you something?
瑞斯?我告诉你件事。
You're a pretty nice kid.
你是个善良的孩子。
Let's see if we can turn this into some money some kind of way.
试试让它为我们创造财富,怎么样。
Folks, the snail world has a friend and her name is Rhys. Give your love for Rhys.
朋友们,蜗牛世界有了一位新朋友,她叫瑞斯。为瑞斯的精彩表演鼓掌。