您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
公开课 >
《酷刑,法律与战争》公开课 >
正文
- We were always on the very concrete, very immediate, the weather, the traffic, his job, but nothing regarding the past.
- 我们讨论的都是很具体的事非常直接的东西,例如天气,交通,他的工作没有提到过去
- Nothing regarding what was going on inside him
- 我一点也不了解他内心的世界
- as much as I would try to probe for that or move in that direction.
- 虽然我很想深入了解朝着这个方向努力
- After about a year, year and a half he brought his wife over with the children.
- 一年,或者一年半以后他带着妻子和孩子来了
- They were 1 and 3 years old and he brought them to the meetings and
- 一个1岁,一个三岁他把他们带到我们见面的地方
- he went way out of his way to come to these meetings, we met in uptown and he worked as a gardener
- 他要走很远的路来见我,们在住宅区见面,他在北海岸地区
- up in the north shore area, in a pickup truck he would go up there and he lived in Pilsen
- 做园艺工人,他开着小货车住在皮尔森地区
- so you can maybe sense the geography for those of you from Chicago.
- 对于来自芝加哥的人可以明白这是怎么的地理概念
- Anyway it would take him about 15-20 miles from the time he got off work to go home and get his family to come and meet with us, to meet with me, er,
- 他要下班回家,回家带上家人然后来见我他需要走15-20英里
- and the interpreter I was working with and we met for um, every week for,
- 我有个翻译我说过,在过去5年
- as I said over the course of 5 years and each meeting would be about an hour and a half
- 我们每周见面每次见面一个半小时
- so we'd finish up at about 9 o'clock at night and it was obviously really important for him to do this but
- 我们晚上9点结束很显然,这么做对他很重要
- I was really puzzled as to what the value of it was and I'd try to ask him about it
- 但是我真的很困惑这么做的价值是什么我想问问他
- because it never seemed to be going anywhere
- 因为看起来我们的见面谈话治疗起不到任何作用
- and I was concerned about whether I was working with him as affectively as I could.
- 我担心是否有效我担心能不能帮到他
- And I would say to him, "How is this helping?"
- 我想对他说 "有效果吗?"
- and said "I don't know, it just makes me feel better"
- 他说"我不知道,只是让我感觉好点"
- which was good enough to continue on.
- 那就很好了,我们可以继续了
- Um, and er he'd bring the kids in and so the kids would play, we would talk about the kids,
- 他把孩子带过来孩子可以四处玩爽,我们就讨论孩子
- and the kids got older and they were 2 and 4 and 3 and 5
- 孩子已经长大了,分别是2岁 4岁然后是3岁 5岁
- and they were a really a nice part of the meeting
- 他们已经成为我们见面中美好的一部分
- and his wife was very quiet in the meetings but he wanted his family there.
- 他的妻子一般都非常安静但是他想要家人陪着他
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
课程简介
多年来,我们一直在质疑一个问题:那就是在使用强制手段进行审讯的时候,道德和法律的界限在哪里?针对这一问题,芝加哥大学法学院邀请了来自各个领域的学者进行了探讨。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201702/488940.shtml