瓦妮莎:我等不及让新进职员着手工作了。我们需要人手。
Daniel: It won’t be for a while. Background checks have to be done first.
丹尼尔:用不了多久。首先要对他们进行背景考察。
Vanessa: Background checks? Are those really necessary?

Daniel: You’d be surprised. We’ve been burned before. We don’t want to hire anyone with prior instances of negligence or anyone else who has been involved in a corporate scandal. Sometimes we even get people with fraudulent credentials.
丹尼尔:你会大吃一惊的。我们有过前车之鉴。我们不想雇佣任何因疏忽犯错的人或卷入公司丑闻的人。有时我们甚至遇到有欺诈前科的人。
Vanessa: Isn’t a background check kind of invasive? What do they check for, a criminal record?
瓦妮莎:背景考察难道不是一种侵犯吗?他们想要考察什么,犯罪记录吗?
Daniel: Yes, but that’s just the beginning. Investigators check driving records, credit reports, school transcripts, sex offender lists, and much more.
丹尼尔:是的,但是这只是开始。调查人员还会检查驾驶记录、信用报告、学校成绩单、性犯罪者名单等等。
Vanessa: I had no idea.
瓦妮莎:我不明白。
Daniel: When someone runs your Social Security number, all kinds of things come up. Investigators also check court records and medical records.
丹尼尔:当别人调出你的社保账号,所有的个人信息都会暴露无遗。他们还会调取你的法庭与医疗记录。
Vanessa: That’s amazing.
瓦妮莎:太不可思议了。
Daniel: On top of all that, they often speak with past employers and character references.
丹尼尔:最重要的是,他们还会向你的前雇主咨询
Vanessa: And the new hires are okay with the company doing this kind of invasive background check?
瓦妮莎:那新职员也同意公司进行这种侵犯式的背景调查?
Daniel: You were.
丹尼尔:你也经历过的。
Vanessa: Me?! You mean they ran a background check on me before I was hired?
瓦妮莎:我?!你是说我受雇前也进行了背景调查?
Daniel: You bet.
丹尼尔:没错。
Vanessa: So they know all about…
瓦妮莎:所以他们知道我的所有......
Daniel: What?
丹尼尔:什么?
Vanessa: Forget it.
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载