玛西娅:唷!我想他们从未离开。
Artem:I enjoyed their company, didn't you?
亚提姆:我很喜欢他们的公司,你怎么样?
Marcia:Jessie is fine, a little reserved and soft-spoken, and on the shy side.
玛西娅:杰西很好,性格有些内敛,很好说话,还有点害羞。
Kelly, on the other hand, talked our ear off.
反之凯利则是太健谈了。
No one could get a word in edgewise with her.
她说话时没人能插嘴。
Artem:I thought Kelly's anecdotes were funny.
亚提姆:我觉得凯利讲的那些事情很有趣。
She was a little long-winded, I'll admit, but I enjoyed talking to her more than trying to make conversation with Jessie.
我承认她有点啰嗦,但相比同杰西交谈,我还是喜欢跟她讲话。
She is so close-mouthed and guarded that it was like pulling teeth.
她如此低调缄默又时刻堤防,跟她讲话就像拔牙一样。
Marcia:I'd rather talk to someone who is a little reticent than a loudmouth.
玛西娅:我宁愿同有点沉默寡言的人讲话也不愿意同大嗓门的人接触。
Artem:Ooh, that's a little harsh.
亚提姆:哦,是有点苛刻。
Marcia:Maybe you're right, but I don't like the blathering, gossipy type.
玛西娅:也许你是对的,但我不喜欢讲废话,爱传闲话的类型。
Artem:I wonder…
亚提姆:我想…
Marcia:What?
玛西娅:什么?
Artem:I wonder what they're saying about us.
亚提姆:我想知道他们怎样看待我们。