手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语美文欣赏 > 经典英语美文背诵100篇 > 正文

经典英语美文背诵100篇(MP3+中英字幕) 第10期:微笑

来源:可可英语 编辑:wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • The Smile
  • 微笑
  • I was sure that I was to be killed.
  • 一想到自己明天就没命了。
  • I became terribly nervous.
  • 不禁陷入极端的惶恐。
  • I fumbled in my pockets to see if there were any cigarettes, which had escaped their search.
  • 我翻遍了口袋,终于找到一支没被他们搜走的香烟,
  • I found one and because of my shaking hands, I could barely get it to my lips.
  • 但我的手紧张得不停发抖,连将烟送进嘴里都成问题。
  • But I had no matches,they had taken those.
  • 而我的火柴也在搜身时被拿走了,
  • I looked through the bars at my jailer.
  • 我透过铁栏望着外面的警卫。
  • He did not make eye contact with me.
  • 他并没有注意到我在看他。
  • I called out to him, "Have you got a light?"
  • 我叫了他一声:‘能跟你借个火吗?’
  • He looked at me, shrugged and came over to light my cigarette.
  • 他转头望着我,耸了耸肩,然后走了过来,点燃我的香烟。
  • As he came close and lit the match, his eyes inadvertently locked with mine.
  • 当他帮我点火时,他的眼光无意中与我的相接触。
  • At that moment, I smiled.
  • 这时我突然冲着他微笑。
  • I don't know why I did that.
  • 我不知道自己为何有这般反应。
  • Perhaps it was nervousness, perhaps it was because, when you get very close, one to another,
  • 也许是过于紧张,或者是当你如此靠近另一个人,
  • it is very hard not to smile.
  • 你很难不对他微笑。
  • In any case, I smiled.
  • 不管是何理由,我对他笑了。
  • In that instant, it was as though a spark jumped across the gap between our two hearts,our two human souls.
  • 他点完火后并没立刻离开,两眼盯着我瞧,脸上仍带着微笑。
  • I know he didn't want to,
  • 我知道他不想这么做,
  • but my smile leaped through the bars and generated a smile on his lips, too.
  • 但是,我的微笑冲破了围栏,他的脸上也露出了微笑。
  • He lit my cigarette but stayed near, looking at me directly in the eyes and continuing to smile.
  • 他点上了我的香烟,站在离我不远处,看着我的眼睛,不停地微笑。
  • I kept smiling at him, now aware of him as a person and not just a jailer.
  • 我也以笑容回应,仿佛他是个朋友,而不是个守着我的警卫。
  • And his looking at me seemed to have a new dimension too.
  • 他看着我的眼神也少了当初的那股凶气。
  • "Do you have kids?" he asked.
  • ‘你有小孩吗?’他开口问道。
  • "Yes, here, here."
  • “有,你看。”
  • I took out my wallet and nervously fumbled for the pictures of my family.
  • 我拿出了皮夹,手忙脚乱地翻出了我的全家福照片。
  • He, too, took out the pictures of his family and began to talk about his plans and hopes for them.
  • 他也掏出了照片,并且开始讲述他对家人的期望与计划。
  • My eyes filled with tears.
  • 这时我眼中充满了泪水。
  • I said that I feared that I'd never see my family again,
  • 我说我害怕再也见不到家人,
  • never have the chance to see them grow up.
  • 我害怕没机会看着孩子长大。
  • Tears came to his eyes, too.
  • 他听了也流下两行眼泪。
  • Suddenly, without another word, he unlocked my cell and silently led me out.
  • 突然间,他二话不说地打开了牢门。
  • Out of the jail, quietly and by back routes, out of the town.
  • 悄悄地带我从后面的小路逃离了监狱
  • There, at the edge of town, he released me.
  • 出了小镇,就在小镇的边上,他放了我。
  • And without another word, he turned back toward the town.
  • 之后便转身往回走,不曾留下一句话。
  • My life was saved by a smile.
  • 一个微笑居然能救自己一条命。
  • Yes, the smile - the unaffected, unplanned, natural connection between people.
  • 是的,微笑是人与人之间最自然真挚的沟通方式。
  • I really believe that if that part of you and that part of me could recognize each other,
  • 如果我们能用心灵去认识彼此,
  • we wouldn't be enemies.
  • 世间不会有结怨成仇的憾事;
  • We couldn't have hate or envy or fear.
  • 恨意、妒嫉、恐惧也会不复存在。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

"I was sure that I was to be killed. I became terribly nervous. I fumbled in my pockets to see if ther were any cigarettes, which had escaped their search. I found one and because of my shaking hands, I could barely get it to my lips. But I had no matches, they had taken those. "I looked through the bars at my jailer.He did not make eye contact with me. I called out to himHave you got a light?‘ He looked at me,shrugged [3]and came over to light my cigarette. "As he came close and lit the match, his eyes inadvertently locked with mine. At that moment, I smiled. I dont know why I did that. Perhaps it was nervousness, perhapsit was because, when you get very close, one to another, it is very hard not to smile. In any case,I smiled. In that instant, it was as though a spark jumped across the gap between our two hearts, our two human souls. I know he didnt want to, but my smile leaped through the bars and generated a smile on his lips, too.He lit my cigarette but stayed near, looking at me directly in the eyes and continuing to smile.

"I kept smiling at him, now aware of him as a person and not just a jailer. And his looking at me seemed to have a new dimension too. ‘Do you have kids?‘ he asked. " ‘Yes, here, here.‘ I took out my wallet and nervously fumbled for the pictures of my family. He, too, took out the pictures of his family and began to talk about his plans and hopes for them. My eyes filled with tears. I said that I feared that Id never see my family again, never have the chance to see them grow up. Tears came to his eyes, too. "Suddenly, without another word, he unlocked my cell and silently led me out. Out of the jail, quietly and by back routes, out of the town. There, at the edge of town, he released me. And without another word, he turned back toward the town.

"My life was saved by a smile." Yes, the smileDthe unaffected, unplanned, natural connection between people.I really believe that if that part of you and that part of me could recognize each other, we wouldntbeenemies. We couldnt have hate or envy or fear. 

重点单词   查看全部解释    
wallet ['wɔlit]

想一想再看

n. 皮夹,钱包

 
unaffected ['ʌnə'fektid]

想一想再看

adj. 不受影响的,不矫揉造作的,自然的

联想记忆
cell [sel]

想一想再看

n. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室

 
nervousness

想一想再看

n. 神经过敏;神经质;紧张不安

 
spark [spɑ:k]

想一想再看

n. 火花,朝气,情人,俗丽的年轻人
vi.

 
unplanned ['ʌn'plænd]

想一想再看

adj. 意外的;在计划外的;未经筹划的

 
jail [dʒeil]

想一想再看

n. 监牢,监狱,拘留所
vt. 监禁,下狱

 
recognize ['rekəgnaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激

 
dimension [di'menʃən]

想一想再看

n. 尺寸,次元,容积,维度,范围,方面
vt

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。