手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 欧美人文风情 > 正文

欧美人文风情(视频+文本+字幕)第13篇:学这招倾听技巧,让你在职场上无往不利

编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Stephen Covey wrote a book called The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People few years ago.
  • Stephen Covey 几年前写过一本叫做“高效率人们的七种习惯”。
  • Some of you may be familiar with it. He had a lot of really great stuff on listening in his book.
  • 你们某些人可能对那很熟悉。他在书里有许多关于倾听真的很棒的东西。
  • Amongst that, he had five...he identified five levels of listening.
  • 在那之中,他有五个...他订定倾听的五个等级。
  • Now the first three levels are kind of waffling. None of you should be listening at that level.
  • 现在前面三个等级有点不清不楚的。你们之中没有任何一人应该要以那种等级倾听。
  • It's the last two—active and empathic listening—that I want to talk about.
  • 最后两个--积极和同理倾听--正是我想要谈论的。
  • Active listening is when you are actively engaged, so you might be asking questions;
  • 积极倾听是当你正积极投入时,所以你也许会问问题;你也许会点头;
  • you might be nodding; you might be making listening sounds, uh huh, uh huh, hmm...that's interesting.
  • 你也许会发出在倾听的声音:嗯哼、嗯哼、嗯...那很有趣。
  • And paraphrasing is also involved in active listening. Paraphrasing is great,
  • 改述同样也包括在积极倾听中。改述很棒,
  • because when you repeat the words back to someone that they have said in your own words,
  • 因为当你用自己的话向某人覆述他刚刚说过的话,
  • it gives them a chance not only to clarify but also to let them know that you're listening.
  • 这给了他们不只能澄清的机会、还能让他们知道你在倾听。
  • So active listening is nice.
  • 所以积极倾听很好。
  • But Covey says we should be working towards the big one—empathic listening—
  • 但 Covey 说我们应该要朝向更重大的那一种去努力--同理倾听--
  • and that is listening with your left and your right brain.
  • 那是用你的左脑和右脑倾听。
  • Now what that means is listening with your left brain for the words, and listening with your right brain for the emotion.
  • 现在那表示用你的左脑倾听话语,并用你的右脑倾听情绪。
  • So if you listen with your right brain, you might hear things in body language.
  • 所以如果你用你的右脑倾听,你也许会听到肢体语言中的内容。
  • So, it's my son. You might hear things like tension in a voice, tiredness in the slump of a shoulder.
  • 所以,那是我儿子。你也许会听出像是声音中的紧张情绪、肩膀垂下中的疲累感的东西。
  • If you learn to listen for emotion, you're gonna pick up a whole heap more information.
  • 你学会倾听情绪,你就会得到整个更大批的资讯。
  • So what do we do about listening? How do we become better listeners?
  • 所以我们对于倾听要做些什么?我们如何成为更好的倾听者?
  • Well, one thing is listen for repetitive words. People repeat the stuff that's important to them.
  • 这个嘛,其中一件事是去倾听重复的话语。人们重复对他们来说很重要的东西。
  • So I feel like I had to ask my husband; I feel like this is sounding really good;
  • 所以我觉得我好像要去问问我丈夫;我觉得这听起来非常不错;
  • I feel like this is the right choice for me, right?
  • 我觉得这对我来说是正确的选择,对吧?
  • Feeling is important to that person. They've also given you some extra information,
  • “感觉”对这个人来说很重要。他们同样也给了你额外的资讯,
  • because if someone is using the word "feeling" a lot, it also means they have quite been on a preference.
  • 因为如果某人很常使用“觉得”这个字,这同样代表他们颇偏好使用它的。
  • People also emphasize stuff that's important to them. I'm gonna snap!
  • 人们通常强调对他们来说重要的事物。我要发疯了!
  • I'm at the end of my tether! Listen for emphasis.
  • 我实在无计可施了!倾听强调之处。
  • See? This is the stuff that we can't do if we're doing all the talking.
  • 看到了吗?如果我们全都在说话,这就是我们做不到的事。
  • So if you listen through a repetition, listen for emphasis,
  • 所以如果你倾听重复、倾听强调之处,
  • you're going to start honing in on the stuff that's really important to them.
  • 你会开始专注于对他们来说确实很重要的事物上。
  • Try and focus on the big picture, and this is particularly when you're with people who ramble a lot,
  • 尝试并专注于重点上,而这特别是当你和很常碎碎念的人在一起时,
  • you know, people live in a stream of consciousness—I'm sure you know the one—
  • 你知道,生活在意识流中的人--我相信你认识这种人--
  • the person who comes in and says, "Hi, I'm thinking about going on a trip to Bali,
  • 那种人会进来然后说:“嗨,我在想要去峇里岛旅游,
  • because bikini stores at the Bali was really great. And I was gonna get to Seminyak,
  • 因为峇里岛的比基尼商店都很棒。我还要去 Seminyak,
  • because I heard it's got all the bars and all the fun over there.
  • 因为我听说那儿有酒吧和所有有趣的东西。
  • But, you know, my boy sort of likes surfing, so I thought that maybe we should go to Dekuta.
  • 但是,你知道的,我儿子有点喜欢冲浪,所以我想也许我们应该去 Dekuta。
  • In fact, Terry's been surfing since he was six. You should see him. Can I show you the photos?
  • 事实上,Terry 从他六岁就开始冲浪。你应该看看他。我可以给你看照片吗?
  • I was thinking about going to Phuket." Right, you know the ones I'm talking about?
  • 我在想要改去普吉岛。”好的,你知道我在说的那种人吗?
  • Focus on your big picture, get right up in a helicopter and try just to listen for the message.
  • 专注于你的大局面,直接登上直升机然后就倾听那讯息。
  • Don't dominate the conversation. You know who you are.
  • 别主导对话。你知道我在说谁吧。
  • People who like to talk too much and like to just throw all their information in, don't dominate.
  • 就是那些喜欢说太多话、喜欢就丢出所有他们资讯的人,别主导对话。
  • If you've ever had a time, and I'm sure you have,
  • 如果你曾有过这种时候,我确信你们都有,
  • because most of us have been through this when you've told a story, you stop your story, and there's just the silence,
  • 因为我们大多人都经历过这个,当你讲了一个故事,你停下你的故事,然后那里就一片寂静,
  • like crickets chirping on the Simpsons, right? No one was listening. How do you feel?
  • 像是辛普森家庭(卡通)里只有蟋蟀唧唧叫的样子,对吧?没人在听。你感觉如何?
  • We don't feel good when we're not listened to. So don't dominate.
  • 当没人倾听时,我们感受很差。所以不要主导。
  • Learn to harness yourself and stop and listen.
  • 学习控制自己,并停下来倾听。
  • Finally, listen without judgement. It's a really difficult thing to do,
  • 最后,不带着意见去倾听。这是很难做到的事,
  • because we tend to, as human beings, we judge.
  • 因为我们倾向于,身为人类,我们倾向于去批判。
  • Let someone get that thought out first before you come back to judge.
  • 在你回来评判之前,让某人先说出那想法。
  • And finally, Hugh Mackay the social researcher says that listening is a gift,
  • 最后,社会研究员 Hugh Mackay 表示倾听是种礼物,
  • a generous gift that we give the other person, a very respectful generous gift.
  • 一份我们给予他人大方的礼物,一份带着敬意非常大方的礼物。
  • And if you shut down all the folders in your mind and listen like a lion,
  • 如果你关上脑中所有储存想法的文件夹,并像狮子狩猎般倾听,
  • and focus on the one person speaking to you, it is a gift.
  • 并专注于跟你说话的那一个人身上,这是份礼物。
  • And you equally will get an enormous gift back with all the information that comes your way.
  • 你同样也会得到一份极大的回礼,带着送到你面前的所有资讯。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

词组点拨:

1.「无计可施」- At The End Of One's Tether
I'm gonna snap! I'm at the end of my tether.
我要发疯了!我实在无计可施了!

2.「专注」- Hone In On
So if you listen through a repetition, listen for emphasis, you're going to start honing in on the stuff that's really important to them.
所以如果你倾听重複、倾听强调之处,你会开始专注于对他们来说确实很重要的事物上。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
identified

想一想再看

adj. 被识别的;经鉴定的;被认同者 v. 鉴定(id

 
harness ['hɑ:nis]

想一想再看

n. 马具,系在身上的绳子,甲胄,安全带
vt

 
preference ['prefərəns]

想一想再看

n. 偏爱,优先,喜爱物

联想记忆
effective [i'fektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 有效的,有影响的

联想记忆
engaged [in'geidʒd]

想一想再看

adj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的

 
silence ['sailəns]

想一想再看

n. 沉默,寂静
vt. 使安静,使沉默

 
repetitive [ri'petitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 重复的

 
stream [stri:m]

想一想再看

n. (人,车,气)流,水流,组
v. 流动,

 
consciousness ['kɔnʃəsnis]

想一想再看

n. 意识,知觉,自觉,觉悟

联想记忆
ramble ['ræmbl]

想一想再看

v. 漫步,漫谈,漫游 n. 漫步,闲谈,蔓延

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。