He taught me all the mercy, for he showed me all the sin:
他教会我要仁慈,因为他向我展示了所有的罪恶:
Now, though my lamp was lighted late, there's One will let me in:
现在,虽然我很晚才点起灯,但还是会有人让我进去:
Nor would I now be well, mother, again, if that could be;
妈妈,如果可以再一次的话,我还是没有那么好;
For my desire is but to pass to Him that died for me.
因为我的愿望不过是去到为我牺牲的他身边。
O look! the sun begins to rise, the heavens are in a glow;
噢!看!太阳出来了,将天空映红;
He shines upon a hundred fields, and all of them I know:
阳光照耀着我所知道的所有地方:
And there I move no longer now, and there his light may shine—
我站在那一动不动,任凭阳光洒落身上——
Wild flowers in the valley for other hands than mine.
山谷中的野花是为别人而不是为我而开。
O sweet and strange it seems to me, that, ere this day is done,
噢,这对我来说甜蜜又奇怪,在今天结束以前,
The voice that now is speaking may be beyond the sun! —
现在正在说话的声音可能会在太阳以外的地方!——
For ever and for ever with those just souls and true! —
精神永永远远真实地留存!——
And what is life that we should moan? why make we such ado?
我要为生活哀叹些什么?为什么我们会这么困扰?
For ever and for ever all in a blessed home! —
所有都永远在一个幸福的家庭中!——
And there to wait a little while till you and Effie come!
在那里稍等,直到你和艾菲的到来!
To lie within the light of God, as I lie upon your breast—
躺在上帝的光芒之下,就像依偎在你的怀中——
And the wicked cease from troubling, and the weary are at rest.
终于不再困扰和疲惫。
—Tennyson
—丁尼生