手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第8集 破获爆炸凶杀案

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Don't you ever get tired of this memory game?

每天早上做这种记忆游戏
You do it every morning.
你都不嫌烦么
The mind is a muscle, Watson.
华生,脑子就像肌肉
It needs to be exercised regularly lest it turn flabby.
不想松弛就得时时锻炼
Most people just read a book.
正常人类找本书看就行了
I am reading a book.
我是在看啊
Well, do you mind turning it off for a minute?
你能不能把电视关一会儿
I want to finish our conversation from last night.
昨晚我们的谈话还没结束
Okay, I meant all of them.
好吧,我是说全关了
Absorbing and cataloguing several pieces of information
接受和整编多条信息
at the same time is the whole point.
要同时进行才是重点
Talk away.
你就这么说吧
Okay, well, then I want us to get more serious
那好,找担保人的事
about finding a sponsor.
我希望我们能更认真点对待
Why do I need a sponsor when I have a companion?
我都有陪护了干嘛还要担保人
Because you only have me for a few more weeks.
因为我只能再陪你几周
A sponsor is permanent, someone who's...
而担保人是永久的
struggled with their own addictions
他们也曾与自己的瘾癖斗争过
and is gonna offer you lifelong support and advice,
他们会给你提供终身的支持和建议
which is what you need.
这正是你需要的
The drugs that I took seemed to light up my brain.
那些药简直有醍醐灌顶之功效
Suddenly I realized the power I held,
突然之间我感受到了我的力量
the power to rule,
那是统治世界的力量
to make the world grovel at my feet.
是让世界匍匐在我脚下的力量
The drugs I took seemed to light up my brain.
那些药简直有醍醐灌顶之功效
Suddenly I realized the power I held,
突然之间我感受到了我的力量
the power to rule,
那是统治世界的力量
to make the world grovel at my feet.
是让世界匍匐在我脚下的力量
Well, I know someone who might be a good fit for you.
我认识个人或许对你的路子
I've worked with him before.
我们共事过
Let's have coffee with him, okay?
跟他喝杯咖啡,怎么样
If I needed a sponsor, that would sound delightful.
我要是需要担保人的话,这话还挺悦耳
I don't. Just like I didn't need a sober companion.
可我不需要,正如我也不需要戒毒陪护
And you didn't need rehab
你以前也说不需要康复
and you didn't need drug counseling
不需要药物咨询
and you didn't need any help of any kind.
不需要任何形式的帮助
I know.
我懂
It's just coffee.
只是喝咖啡
Sherlock. Fine. I'll go.
夏洛克, 好,我去
Provided I can get some peace and quiet around here.
如果你肯还我清静的话
We completely understand, Mr. McKeon.
我们完全理解,麦基恩先生
Fluid layout.
流动布局
No, we-we agree, uh...
不,我们,我们同意
grid-based design, it's gone the way of the dinosaur.
网格设计已经落伍了
Will do.
会的
All right. Take care.
行,保重
Our favorite client's still wringing his hands?
我们最亲爱的客户还是不满意吗
Guy just does not get Web design.
这家伙根本不懂网页设计
'Course, he's like 45 or something.
当然了,他看样子都奔五了
Is that you?
是你的吗
No.
不是
I think it's coming from inside the vent.
好像是从通风口里传出来的
Yeah, repair guy must have dropped his phone or something.
肯定是维修工把手机掉里面了
That's going to make us crazy.
会很吵死人的
I'll call maintenance.
我来打给维修人员
The blast detonated in the southeast corner
炸弹是今早九点一刻左右
of the office around 9:15 this morning.
在这间办公室的东南角炸开的
Killed two people,
两人死亡
Dave Preston and Royce Maltz,
戴夫·普雷斯顿和罗伊斯·马尔兹
and injured 11 more.
还有11人受伤
Chemical composition of the device?
炸弹装置的化学成分是什么
The bomb squad's working on it.
拆弹组正在查
All they know for sure is that
目前能肯定的是
the bomb was stashed in that air vent.
炸弹是被安置在那边的通风管道里的
Both of the victims were employees of this company?
两名死者都是这家公司的员工吗
Parabolic Web Industries.
抛物线网络公司
They design and maintain corporate Web sites.
主要业务是设计和维修公司网站
We're looking into whether anybody had beef with the firm.
我们正在查是否有人对这家公司不满
Captain? ...Got a minute?
警监...能过来一下吗
I imagine you won't miss this when you're gone.
我想你离开时是不会想念这些的
In a few weeks, you'll be with your new client.
再过几周,你就要去陪你的新客户
No more crime scenes,
不用再经历犯罪现场
no more death and destruction.
也不用看到死亡和破坏了
Most dangerous place you'll go
你去的最危险的地方
is a support group meeting
将会是支援小组会
where they've run out of coffee.
最紧急的事也就是咖啡喝完了
Firstly, I don't have a next client,
第一,我没有新客户
and secondly, you're right,
第二,你说对了
I'm not gonna miss seeing this stuff.
我不会对这些有任何留恋
You see this?
瞧这个
That's packing paper.
是包装纸
It's used to fill the gap
土制铁管炸弹上
between the fuel and the blast cap on a pipe bomb.
用来填燃料和鼓风盖之间的缝隙的
When the bomb detonates,
当炸弹爆炸时
this paper is ejected through the barrel
它会在被烧成灰烬前
before it has time to fully combust.
从管子里射出来
Now, weapons-grade munitions uses pulp filler,
现在军用武器都会用纸浆去填
not newspaper.
不是报纸
The bomb squad said the same thing.
拆弹组也这么说
We're already running a check
我们已经在调查
on recent commercial burglaries
近期的商业盗窃案了
to see if anyone's missing
看有没有
any flammable chemicals or gunpowder.
遗失易燃化学品或火药的
You got something?
有发现吗
Motherboard.
主板
You know this is a computer company, right?
你知道这是间电脑公司吧
Well, that's just it, Detective.
不过,探长
This is not from a computer.
这可不是电脑上的
It's from a pager.
是呼机上的
Note the presence of a receiver
这板上有接收器
but the absence of a transmitter.
却没有发射器
So, what's it doing here?
所以,这里怎么会出现呼机呢
Pre-explosion, this place looked like the deck of a starship.
这地方在被炸前就像高端的星际飞船一样
It's unlikely any of the firm's employees
公司员工应该不会
would use technology as antiquated as a pager.
使用呼机这样的古董设备
You're saying it's part of the bomb?
你是说它是炸弹的一部分吗
I'm saying this may be the bomb's detonator.
我是说这东西可能是引爆器
The good news is, if it's not too badly damaged,
好消息来了,如果受损不是太严重
you'll be able to trace the account.
你们就能用它追踪到机主了
I'll get this to tech assist right away.
我这就拿去给技术协助部
I'll let you know when we hear something.
有消息会通知你的
If the motherboard is still functional,
如果主板还能用
how long do you think it's gonna take the police to get a number?
你觉着他们要花多久才能找到号码
Two, maybe three hours. Why?
两三个小时吧,干嘛
He'll be a great sponsor for you,
他会是个非常适合你的担保人
and he works on the floor of the stock exchange.
他是搞证券交易的
Good thinking, Watson.
你真有才,华生
You know how much I enjoy bankers.
居然知道我有多喜欢银行家
Glad to see you've been paying attention
很高兴你在过去几周
over the last few weeks.
注意到了这一点
Actually, he's an officer with the SEC.
事实上,他是证交委员会的
So he spends his days keeping bankers in line.
所以他其实是管理银行家的
He also spent four years at the London School of Economics,
他还在伦敦经济学院待过四年
so he knows your old stomping grounds.
所以他熟悉你以前待过的地方
You think I'd just pick any name out of a hat?
你觉得我会随便找个人给你吗
Oh, there he is.
他来了
Hey, Adrian.
这里,艾德里安
Hi. Hi.
你好, 你好
Adrian, Sherlock.
艾德里安,这是夏洛克
Pleasure.
幸会
Well, you guys talk.
你们聊
I'll be over there when you're ready.
我在那边,好了就叫我
A hypothetical, Adrian.
假设一下,艾德里安
I call you in the middle of the night,
我半夜打电话给你
I tell you that I'm thinking of using again,
告诉你我瘾又犯了
and that if I don't, I might die.
要是我不用药,可能就会死
How do you respond?
你会作何反应
Well, Sherlock, I think I'd start by reminding you,
夏洛克,我会先提醒你
you've got to take it one day at a time,
以天为时间单位来计算
and that every clean day is a victory.
每坚持一天不用药就是一次胜利
I call you and tell you that an enemy has poisoned me
假如我告诉你有人
with a powerful neuroleptic agent.
用强力神经松弛剂下毒害我
The only antidote is a healthy dose of diphenhydramine,
只有注射健康剂量的苯海拉明(有刺激神经中枢作用)能救我
of which I have plenty.
而我正好有很多
Do you advise me to take it?
你会建议我用药吗
Diphen...
苯海...
Diphenhydramine.
苯海拉明
You find murder-by-poisoning humorous?
你觉得下毒谋杀很可笑吗
No, of course not. I just...
不,当然不是,我只是...
The diphenhydramine, Adrian, do I take it?
苯海拉明,艾德里安,我该不该服用
If it's gonna save your life,
如果它能挽救你的生命
then yeah, of course you do.
那么,你应该服用
That's your idea of a good fit, seriously?
你居然觉得这人适合我,不是吧你
I told you, he's one of the best sponsors I know.
我说过了,他是我认识的最好的担保人之一
Peter Platitude?
烦人的陈词滥调
I was waiting for him to hold my hand
我还等着他握住我的手
so we could recite the Serenity Prayer.
跟我一起轻诵宁静祷文呢
Okay, if you want to hear something other then platitudes,
好吧,如果你不想听陈词滥调
try listening to the guy for more than two minutes.
你就该试着多听听人家怎么说
The man encouraged me to take diphenhydramine, Watson.
华生,他鼓励我服用苯海拉明
A deliriant.
那可是会引发精神错乱的药
The Republic of Zambia recently classified that
赞比亚共和国最近都把它
a controlled substance.
列入控制类药剂了
Now, what kind of a sponsor would allow his sponsee
什么样的担保人会因为简单的安定药中毒
to risk their sobriety over a simple case
就让被担保方
of neuroleptic poisoning?
去冒精神错乱的风险啊
Okay, you think I don't know
够了,你以为我不知道
there's no right answer to that question?
你这问题根本没有正确答案吗
You don't want Adrian?
你不想要艾德里安是吧
Okay. This is a process.
行,反正这是个过程
We can look for other candidates at group tonight.
今晚我们可以到组里找找其候选人
But know this: we are gonna find you a sponsor
但是记住了,在我的陪护到期之前
before my stint is up, okay?
我们得确定你的担保人,明白吗
Captain.
警监
That motherboard you found...
你发现的主板
bomb squad confirmed it was part of the device,
拆弹组证实是炸弹的一部分
so touche.
被你说中了
The pager it was part of was prepaid,
这个呼机是预付款的
so there was no subscriber info,
因此没有任何用户信息
but luckily, the tech assist was able to pull a number off it.
但幸运的是,技术部提取出了传呼号码
And the same phone called the pager
并且发现,今早有个手机号码
three times this morning,
呼叫了这个呼机三次
and each call was within seconds of the bomb going off.
三次都在爆炸前的几秒钟内
Were you able to trace the number?
你们能追踪到那个号码吗
Yeah, to a plumber named Rennie Jacobs from Queens.
能,是皇后区一个叫雷尼·雅各布的管工
And get this, he just did a six-year stretch
还有,他刚坐了六年的牢
for burning down his apartment
因为他烧了自己公寓
in an insurance fraud scheme.
想要骗取保险
Any particular reason
他想炸掉那个网页设计公司
he'd want to depredate that Web Design Firm?
有什么特别原因吗
No clue, but, uh, if you want to see him
没有线索,不过你如果想会会他的话
live and in person, he just got here.
他刚被带到警局了
I was just trying to call in
我只是想打电话
a breakfast sandwich order, that's it.
叫一份三明治早餐
Three times you called that pager, Mr. Jacobs.
雅各布,你呼叫了那个呼机三次
Three times.
三次
You said the pager number was 555-0164, right?
你说那个呼机号码是555-0164 对吧
212 area code?
区号212 对吗
I was trying to call Miracle Deli on 113th.
我是想打给113号街的奇迹速食店的
Their number is off by one digit. 0165.
他们的号码只差一位数,是0165
I must've misdialed, 'cause when they didn't answer,
我一定是拨错了,他们没接电话
I hit redial.
我就直接按了重播键
Twice.
两次
Miracle Deli. Pickup or delivery?
奇迹速食店,自取还是外送
He's telling the truth
号码只差一位数
about the numbers being off by a single digit.
这点他没撒谎
Yeah, we know.
我们知道
Coincidence bugs me, but not enough to cut him loose.
令人震惊的巧合,但不足以释放他
I got to step out.
我先出去了
Bomb squad wants to brief me.
拆弹组要给我做简报
You don't look convinced.
你似乎心存怀疑
Bomb-building is a dangerous venture.
炸楼是一个危险的冒险行为
It requires patience, precision,
需要耐心,精准
attention to detail.
和对细节的关注
Mr. Jacobs' wristwatch is nine minutes slow
雅各布的手表慢了9分钟
and his fly is three-quarters down.
他的拉链只拉了四分之三
That doesn't scream detail-oriented.
他完全不注重细节
Ted Kaczynski looked like a hobo puked another hobo.
泰德·凯辛斯基看上去像恶心的流浪汉
He managed to hurt plenty of people.
但他成功伤害了很多人
Point taken.
有道理
It's definately our commercial. Yeah.
这是我们的工作范围, 是
Can I help you?
怎么了
This is the, uh...
这是...
the bomb's power source, I presume?
我猜是炸弹的电源吧
Six volt.
六伏特
Very interesting company, PrimSource Battery.
很有趣的公司,洁源电池公司
Founded in 1888 by British expat
1888年由英国侨民
and purveyor of mechanical novelties,
新奇机械品供应商
Hubert Primler.
休伯特·普米勒创办
They switched to making batteries full-time in 1907,
1907年他们转型成了专产电池的公司
each one stamped with the company's
每个产品上都印有该公司
now iconic rising-sun logo.
标志性的旭日东升的商标
The logo remained unchanged until 2008,
该标志一直没变,直到2008年
when a small oak tree was added
他们加了一棵小橡树
to commemorate the company's centenary.
以庆祝公司的百年华诞
Yet this one has no oak tree.
而这个标志没有橡树
That means that battery
说明这个电池
is more than four years old.
至少有四年的历史了
Odd, isn't it, go to all that trouble
很奇怪吧,大费周章
building an elaborate explosive device
精心制作了一个炸弹装置
and then power it with an old
却使用了一个老旧的
and potentially unreliable battery?
很可能会失效的电池
Odd, yes, but not impossible.
是很奇怪,但也不是不可能
Holmes, Holmes, I've only got a few minutes here
福尔摩斯,我是来征求贝内特意见的
to pick Bennett's brain before I have
我马上就得站到20个镜头前
to stand in front of 20 cameras
解释今天早上发生的事了
to explain what happened this morning.
没时间让你瞎闹了
What about that? What about what?
那这个呢, 哪个
It's the President.
这是总统
Wrong. It's the Senator. Captain...
错,是参议员, 警监
Senator Obama, not President Obama.
是参议员奥巴马,不是总统奥巴马
You can tell from the lack of gray in his hair.
从这照片上他很少灰发可以看出来
He's right. I can make out a date on this one.
他说得对,我在这张上找到日期了
October 13, 2008.
2008年10月13号
So, what are you saying?
所以,你想说什么
That battery is four years old.
那个电池是四年前的
These shreds of newspaper are four years old.
这些报纸的碎片也是四年前的
The bomb that exploded this morning was four years old.
今早爆炸的炸弹是四年前的
But why would the suspect build a bomb
那为什么嫌犯做了一个炸弹
and sit on it for four years?
却等了四年才引爆
He wouldn't have.
他没有
And in Rennie Jacobs's case, he couldn't have.
以雷尼·雅各布的情况来说,他做不到
He was in prison four years ago.
四年前他还在监狱里
I think he was telling the truth
我觉得他没撒谎
when he said he dialed the wrong number this morning.
今早他的确只是拨错号码了
We have the man who set it off accidentally in 2012.
我们抓到的是2012年无意中引爆炸弹的人
Now we just need the man who intended to set it off in 2008.
而我们要抓的是2008年安装炸弹的人
You're sure he's not the one who built the bomb?
你确定他不是制造炸弹的人吗
Sure? No.
确定,不
Reasonably certain? Yeah.
基本确认,是的
The NYPD can continue to poke and prod him.
纽约警察会继续探他的口风
In the meantime, you and I can push forward
与此同时,我们可以在这儿
on this, our new front.
抓紧开拓我们的新未来了
It is a lovely front.
这未来不错
Hmm. Vanowen Strategic Communications.
佛农策略咨询公司
Public Relations Consultancy founded in 1994
旗下公关顾问公司成立于1994年
by Harrington School of Business alumna Heather Vanowen.
由哈林顿商业学院校友希瑟·佛农组建
The firm is particularly adept at solving image crises
该公司尤其擅长解决企业的
of the corporate variety,
各种形象危机
making them one-stop shopping for many of the Fortune 500.
他们为很多500强公司提供一条龙服务
Spin doctors of the highest order, and
是顶尖的政治化妆师
former tenants of the midtown offices
也是今早被自制炸弹摧毁的
ravaged by a homemade bomb this morning.
市中心写字楼的前租客
They occupied the space until December 2008.
他们租用那个写字楼到2008年12月
Now, if I'm right
如果我是对的
and the bomb was planted that October,
那个炸弹安装于2008年10月
this company or one of its employees
这个公司或者其中某个雇员
may have been the intended target.
可能就是原本的目标
Mr. Holmes?
福尔摩斯先生
Heather Vanowen.
希瑟·佛农
This is Earl Wheeler, my C.F.O..
这位是艾尔·维勒,公司财务总监
We were told you work with the police.
听说您为警方工作
I'm their consultant.
我是他们的顾问
This is Miss Watson.
这位是华生小姐
She is my consultant, slash housekeep.
她是我的顾问兼打理家务
So, how can we help you today?
那么,请问您今天来有何贵干
Well, you can start by telling us
你可以先跟我们说说
who maybe have wanted to blow you up in 2008.
谁可能想在2008年把你炸死
I'm stunned.
太令我震惊了
I-I saw the story on the news this morning.
我早上在新闻里看到了报道
I knew that was our old office space, but...
我知道那是我们以前办公的地方,但...
I never would have guessed that that bomb was meant for us.
我万万没想到炸弹是用来对付我们的
So you honestly think it was just
你们真觉得炸弹
sitting there this whole time?
这些年一直安安稳稳地被放在那里吗
The police think it was tucked into an air vent.
警方认为,它是被塞在通风管道里的
If that part of the building's climate control system
如果大楼里控制那个区域的温度系统
had never needed repair ...
从没出过故障
and judging by this morning's events, it didn't...
而且从今早的爆炸看,它确实没有
it could have gone undiscovered indefinitely.
炸弹完全有可能无限期地遗留在那
Okay, but why this morning?
好吧,那为什么是今早
Why'd it go off after all this time?
为什么过了这么久才爆炸
The bomb was detonated by a pager.
炸弹是被一个呼机引爆的
In 2008, the company that made that pager
2008年,制造那个呼机的公司
had no signal towers
在你们旧办公室周围的
within 42 blocks of your old offices.
42个街区以内都没有信号塔
In 2010, they erected
但在2010年,他们在
a new tower a mere three blocks away.
仅仅3个街区以外的地方建了个新的信号塔
So the bomb didn't detonate in 2008
所以炸弹在2008年没有引爆
because the call couldn't go through.
是因为当时没通信号
The question is: Who built the device,
现在的问题是,谁制造了炸弹
and what may they have had against your company?
他们要对付你们公司的动机是什么
I'm sure that we've made our fair share of enemies along the way,
我们在发展过程中肯定有不少劲敌
but, um... someone who would build a bomb?
但要说谁可能制造炸弹...
The ELM. The Earth Liberty Militia.
地球解放自卫队
We got some threatening letters from them in 2008.
我们在08年收到过他们的恐吓信
They're an ecoterrorist group, right?
他们是生态恐怖组织,对吗
They've bombed a few other companies over the years.
他们近年来还炸了其他的一些公司
What would an ecoterrorist group have against a PR firm?
为什么生态恐怖组织要对付一家公关公司
Our clients.
因为我们的客户
We work with some of the major energy conglomerates.
我们的客户包括一些大型能源企业
Occasionally we have to help them
我们偶尔帮助他们
smooth over their image after mishaps.
在污染事故后挽回形象
200 million gallons of oil spilling into the Gulf, for example?
比如说墨西哥湾2亿加仑原油泄漏事故吗
The ELM sent us seven letters in 2008.
08年地球解放自卫队给我们寄了7封信
I know that we kept hard copies of them in our records room.
我记得档案室里还保存着复印件
You want to take a look?
你们想看看吗
We would.
好的
Effluvium, fussbudget, Cairo.
恶臭,吹毛求疵,开罗
9 across, 14 down, 32 down.
横9 竖14 竖32
I-I have a sort of thing for puzzles.
我是填字游戏天才
When I first tried getting clean,
在我第一次戒毒的时候
I started drinking.
我开始酗酒
Before long, I realized that I had swapped
不久以后,我发现其实我只是
one addiction for another.
换了一样上瘾的东西
Please put those away.
拜托你别看了
"You cannot stop this. You can only submit.
"你不能阻止我,你只能服从
Submit or be destroyed"
服从,或是被毁灭"
That's something the ELM would say.
地球解放自卫队就会这么说
Here...
这里...
Not the time, not the place.
不是现在,别在这儿
I'm sorry, but from a forensic linguistics standpoint,
抱歉,但从法律语言学的角度看
these threats are quite fascinating.
这些恐吓信写得太好了
For example, I see clues here that would suggest
比如说,我能从这里的线索发现
that the ELM was not an organization, per se,
地球解放自卫队本身并不是一个组织
but one man posing as an organization.
而是一个伪装成组织的个人
Seriously, can you just examine those at home?
说真的,你能回家再看吗
We have work to do here.
我们在这有事要做
Oh, yeah. Sponsor Search 2012.
哦对, 2012担保人大搜寻
I have to say, Watson,
我不得不说,华生
it's a bit of a motley crew tonight.
今晚在这的都是一群乌合之众
I don't think these are my kind of addicts.
我跟他们可不是一个型的
I think this is going to be a much longer
我觉得这过程
and more involved process than we initially thought.
会比我们预想的更漫长更复杂
You have 23 days.
你还有23天
Then our time is up.
然后我们就散伙
My name is Alfredo, and I'm an addict.
我叫阿弗雷多,我是个瘾君子
Hi, Alfredo.
你好,阿弗雷多
Started boosting cars when I was 14.
我14岁就开始偷车
By the time I turned 18,
到了18岁的时候
I was the best there is.
我就成了当地最好的偷车贼
Ain't a car in the city I can't steal.
城里没有我偷不了的车
Him.
就是他
Hmm? Now I'm flush with cash,
什么, 现在我钱多得花不完
I'm bored... I turn to drugs.
我觉得没劲...所以吸毒寻找刺激
I want him to be my sponsor.
我要他做我的担保人
Took my first hit at 19...
19岁我第一次吸毒...
This phrase, "On your beam ends,"
这个短语, "你已在船梁之末"
it appears in five of the seven threats.
七封恐吓信中有五封都出现了这句
I'm certain I've heard it before;
我以前肯定听过
I just... can't recall where.
只是...想不起在哪
"On your beam ends."
"你已在船梁之末"
A nautical idiom first documented
这是个航海术语,首次出现是在
in Captain Frederick Marryat's 1830 novel
弗雷德里克·马里亚特上校1830年的小说
The King's Own,
《王权直属》里
signifying a situation of great peril.
意指非常危险的境地
Strange for such an aberrant phrase
这么一个生僻的短语反复出现
to appear so repeatedly.
真是太奇怪了
Are you seriously going to make me ask?
你一定要逼我发问吗
Ask what? About your sponsor, Alfredo.
问什么, 你的担保人,阿弗雷多
Delightful fellow.
不错的伙伴
He's agreed to meet us both tomorrow for coffee.
他答应明天和我们喝咖啡
So we can get to know one another.
我们可以相互认识一下
You don't approve?
你不同意吗
I'm just a little confused, that's all.
我只是有点不解
I mean, you actually met Adrian.
我是说,你见过艾德里安
You talked to him before you turned him down.
而且是和他聊过之后才拒绝他的
You heard Alfredo speak for 15 seconds.
但你只听阿弗雷多说了15秒钟
Oh, have you not figured out by now
你现在还没明白我的眼界
that I see far more than your average addict?
比你们普通人更开阔吗
My observational skills are second to none.
我的观察能力首屈一指
I know. I know that. I just...
我知道,我只是...
I want to leave you in the best situation possible.
想给你创造最好的环境
It's important to me.
这对我很重要
Got it. Good. I'm glad.
明白, 很好,我很高兴
No. "On your beam ends"
不是这个, "你已在船梁之末"
I've got it.
我懂了
I know where I was when I heard it.
我想起来在哪听过了
That one.
那台
That's where I saw it, weeks ago.
我在那台电视里看过,几周以前
But what was the context?
是什么节目来着
Yellow cartoon sponge man,
海绵宝宝
sports news, mouthwash advert,
体育新闻,漱口水广告
Arctic Blue...
惊险之旅
You want to tell me what you're doing?
你能告诉我这是在干嘛吗
Uh, method of loci, memonic device.
位置记忆法,一种记忆的方式
Relies on memorized spatial relationships to establish catalogue
依靠记住的空间关系来建立记忆列表
and recollect memorial content.
并以此回想起记忆的内容
If I remember what was on these six screens,
要是我能记起这六个电视当时播放的内容
I'll remember what was on the seventh.
我一定能想起第七个
Fat lady, new cookbook, insufferable.
胖女人,介绍新食谱,招人讨厌
Erectile dysfunction. Nature program, penguins.
勃起障碍治疗,科普节目,介绍企鹅
And... talk show.
然后是...脱口秀
The topic was... International Whaling Laws.
主题是... 国际反捕鲸法
Two guests got into an argument.
两位嘉宾在节目里辩论
You are not seriously suggesting
你不会真的认为
that cleaning out the Pacific Ocean is a good idea.
清空太平洋是个好主意吧
What do you suggest we tell the Japanese worker
那你觉得我们该如何
whose livelihood depends upon this trade?
向以此为生的日本渔民交待呢
Just... you don't get it.
你不明白
One day 50 years from now, when you're on your beam ends
五十年后,当你"在船梁之末"时
you'll wish you'd done more when you could have.
你会后悔当初没多做些事情来保护生态
That's the same bombast
这种夸张的言辞
I read in the ELM letters.
和地球解放自卫队信里的语气一样
It's the same hyperbole.
同样的夸张
Same weird phrase.
同样奇怪的短语
You really think it's him?
你真的认为是他吗
I know a way to find out.
我有办法确认
I'm confused, detective.
我不明白,警探
You're accusing me of being some sort of ecoterrorist?
你在指控我是生态恐怖分子吗
One of our special consultants
我们的一位特殊顾问
thinks your speech pattern is a match for these letters.
认为你说话的方式和信中的语气吻合
For the last time,
最后说一次
I have never seen these letters before.
我从没见过这些信
I don't know anything about the ELM,
我不知道什么地球解放自卫队
and I certainly didn't build any bombs.
我也没有制造过什么炸弹
Lie, lie and lie.
谎话,谎话,全是谎话
Who the hell are you?
你谁啊
I am the man with the button.
我是手里有按钮的人
It's from the elevator down the hall.
是从楼下电梯里拿到的
You pushed it to get to this floor.
也就是你上来时按的那个
As soon as you disembarked, I removed it,
你一下电梯,我就把它取下来了
and took it to the department's latent print unit.
送到了警局的指纹库
It has your fingerprint on it, you see.
上面有你的指纹
Which means it has a great deal in common
结果发现05年,地球解放自卫队
with a component from a bomb the ELM detonated
在尤蒂卡的伐木场放置的炸弹上
in a lumber mill in Utica in 2005.
也有极其相似的指纹
Button... bomb.
按钮的指纹,炸弹的指纹
Button... bomb.
按钮的指纹,炸弹的指纹
The similarities are quite striking, wouldn't you agree?
这俩指纹也太像了,不是吗
You built the ELM bombs, Mr. Knowles.
你制造了地球解放自卫队的炸弹
And you wrote those letters.
这些信也是你写的
It's too bad you didn't go back for the one
当你发现你的炸弹有缺陷时
you left at Vanowen S.C. when you realized it was defective.
没有回到佛农公司拆除真是失策
Maybe you wouldn't be facing two murder charges today.
不然你今天可能就不用面临两项谋杀指控了
I bombed that lumber mill.
是我炸了那个伐木场
And I wrote these letters to Vanowen S.C.
也是我写的这些信
But you know what I didn't do?
但你知道吗
Follow up on them.
我没有继续对他们采取行动
By 2008, I had successfully detonated
直到2008年,我成功地
nitrate-based bombs at five different companies.
利用硝酸盐炸弹炸毁了五家公司
I was established, and I was taken very seriously.
那时我很有地位,很被人看重
Vanowen S.C. was one of several dozen businesses
佛农只是我们的众多目标公司之一
I threatened but never bombed.
我的确恐吓过,但从未在那安过炸弹
Why am I not surprised you'd take credit
真是不出所料啊
for every bombing except
你承认了所有的事情
the one that killed two people?
却偏偏否认跟这次有两人死亡的爆炸有关
Was that you?
是你干的吗
Was what me?
什么是我干的
What did those balls ever do to you?
这些球招你惹你了
They're dying for a good cause, Watson.
它们会死得其所的,华生
Of course they are.
当然
Did you know that when a bomb explodes,
知道吗,当炸弹爆炸时
the component that houses the fuel is often atomized?
覆盖在燃料上的成分通常会原子化
Now, this can make it difficult, if not downright impossible,
因此想要确定炸弹里的化学成分
to identify the device's chemical composition.
即使可能,也是很困难的
The NYPD bomb squad is currently struggling
纽约警方的爆破小组
with this very conundrum, so I thought I would help.
正在努力破解这谜题, 我想帮帮忙
With tennis balls? I'm attempting to replicate
用网球吗, 我在尝试
the odor and burn pattern of the office bombing
用自己调制的混合物
using a few of my own concoctions, and these balls
来重现案发现场的气味和爆炸模式
make the perfect delivery mechanism.
这些球就是最好的载体
When Edgar Knowles was arrested this afternoon,
埃德加·诺尔斯下午被逮捕时
he confessed to setting off
他承认他在不同的公司里
five nitrate-based bombs at various businesses.
安装过五个硝酸盐炸弹
No self-respecting eco-warrior
他自称为生态保护者
would use toxic, man-made chemicals in his bombs.
所以不可能用有毒的化学药品来制造炸弹
He would use natural ingredients.
他应该会用一些自然材料
Smells like fertilizer.
闻起来像化肥
With good reason.
是有原因的
Beyond its horticultural employments,
除了园艺功能
fertilizer can be distilled down
化肥还可以通过蒸馏
and mixed into a rather potent nitrate accelerant.
成为硝酸盐的一种强力催化成分
This ball is filled with the stuff.
这个球里装的就是这种东西
If Knowles did try to blow up Vanowen S.C.,
如果诺尔斯确实想炸掉佛农公司
he would have used nitrates, and if he'd used nitrates,
他会用硝酸盐,而他如果真这么做了
the bomb would have filled the air with an odor
炸弹爆炸后会在空气中留下
as pungent as it is distinctive,
刺激性的气味
the same odor that you're smelling right now.
就是你现在闻到的这种
The thing is, I didn't smell
问题是,在现场我没有
any fertilizer when we were there.
闻到这种气味
I smelled something else.
我闻到的是其他气味
It was foreign to me in the moment, but...
一开始我觉得那气味很怪,但是
I have managed to recreate it with the help of
通过这些小网球的帮助,我成功地
my little round friends here.
重现出了这种味道
I am now certain that the bomb was made
我现在很确定炸弹是由
using potassium chlorate.
氯酸钾制成的
It's an accelerant made of
是用汽油,漂白剂,凡士林
gasoline, bleach and petroleum jelly.
混合制成的
Are you saying that Edgar Knowles was telling the truth
你的意思是埃德加·诺尔斯说的是实话
when he told you that he didn't build the bomb
他确实没有制造炸弹
that exploded at Vanowen S.C.?
去炸掉佛农公司吗
I am. Well, if he didn't build it, who did?
是的, 如果不是他,那是谁呢
Haven't the foggiest.
不知道
Heard you were looking for me?
听说你在找我
Yesterday, you gave us Edgar Knowles on a silver platter.
昨天,你说埃德加·诺尔斯是凶手
Now you're telling me
今天你又说
he did every bomb except for the one
其他属实,但两天前的案子
from two days ago? As I said before,
与他无关, 正如我刚才所说
that bomb was built using potassium chlorate.
那个炸弹是用氯化钾制成的
Yeah, and Knowles only used ones with cow manure.
对,而诺尔斯只用牛的粪便
I heard you. That's not enough.
我听到了,但这可不够帮他脱罪的
There's more. I came in this morning
还有,我今早来
to reexamine the bomb's components, and I pieced together
重新检测炸弹的组件,我拼出了
some of the strips of packing paper
包装纸上的字
that were used. I managed to form
应该是《纽约时报》
almost a third of a page of the October 13 edition
10月13号那一版
of the New York Times.
第三页
This particular clump caught my eye.
这个地方很有意思
I saw small, almost imperceptible indentations
报纸的上边缘处有一行很小的
along the upper fringe.
不易察觉的压痕
I don't see anything.
我啥也没看出来
You wouldn't.
你看不出的
Well, most people wouldn't, which is why
当然,很多人都看不出,因此
I traced over it.
我把它描了下来
The paper that was used
之前有人
in the bomb was beneath another piece
在另一张纸上写了字
of paper when someone wrote that word.
而这张报纸正好垫在下面
They pressed hard enough to make indentations.
笔力太重,于是在上面留下了痕迹
Now, I already checked it
我已经比对了
against Edgar Knowles's handwriting.
埃德加·诺尔斯的笔迹
It's not a match.
不吻合
All due respect, Holmes. So what?
福尔摩斯,这又怎样呢
Maybe he had help with the bomb.
也许他有帮凶呢
Maybe that person wrote some
也许是那个人在报纸上
weird note on top of the newspaper.
随便写了几个字而已
As I said previously, I believe Edgar Knowles worked alone.
我之前说过,埃德加·诺尔斯是单干的
And as I said previously, I still like him
我之前也说过了,我还是认为
for the last bomb.
他是凶手
The threats against Vanowen S.C. were never made public,
佛农收到的恐吓信从未公开
which means, aside from the police,
也就是说,除了警察
the firm's employees were the only ones
公司员工是唯一
who were aware of them.
知情的人
I'd like you to request a subpoena
我要你申请传票
of their personnel files
请他们提供员工档案
so that I can review them. For what?
让我查查, 查什么
Well, imagine you were a disgruntled employee, hmm?
假设你是个心怀怨恨的员工
You want to strike out at the company, but you don't want
你想报复公司,但又不想被发现
to get caught, so why not take advantage of the ELM threats
那为什么不利用地球解放自卫队的恐吓
to plant a device of your own, hmm?
来自己安置一个炸弹呢
You get the blast, they get the blame.
你达到目的,他们背上黑锅
No.
不行
No?
什么不行
No subpoena.
没有传票
If you really want to go poking around at Vanowen S.C.,
你要是真想去佛农公司打探消息
you're gonna have to take it up with them.
就自己想办法吧
I'm sure he's gonna be here any second.
我肯定他马上就会到了
I really like those...
我真的很喜欢你那些
tattoos.
纹身
You know, I'm just gonna text him again and see where he is.
我还是发个短信问问他在哪吧
I'm really sorry, Alfredo, but it doesn't look
真抱歉,阿弗雷多,看样子
like Sherlock is coming and joining us today.
夏洛克今天没办法过来了
Be patient.
耐心点
First rule of good sponsorship.
这是做担保人的首要准则
Newcomers like him don't always understand
像他那样的新手可能不太了解
the scope of the work involved.
与担保人的合作关系
They get frustrated.
他们会感到沮丧
We need to be patient and methodical with him.
我们对他要有耐心,有方法
I was under the impression
我还以为你以前
that you'd never been a sponsor before.
从没做过担保人
I haven't.
的确没有
But I have a great one.
但我有个了不起的担保人
Taught me everything he knows.
把他所知的一切都教给了我
Truth is, I've been wanting to be a sponsor for a while now.
说实话,我想做担保人已经有段日子了
People never ask.
只是别人从来不找我
Think it's because I'm quiet.
也许是因为我太低调了
I can help your friend, Miss Watson.
我能帮到你的朋友,华生小姐
He just needs to give me the chance.
他只需要给我一个机会
Doing okay?
还顺利吗
I am.
是的
And thank you again for allowing me to peruse these files.
再次感谢你允许我浏览这些文件
Oh, it was an easy decision to make.
这也不是个很难的决定
If you think there's anyone here who has something
如果你觉得这里有人
against this company, I would like to know.
对公司不利,我肯定想知道
You're a fellow addict, aren't you?
你也很上瘾,对吧
Crosswords.
我是说填字游戏
You couldn't have figured out those clues
不然,那天你不可能
at my computer the other day if you weren't.
弄懂我电脑上那些提示
I dabble.
浅尝辄止
Well, I wish I could say I just dabbled.
真希望我也只是浅尝辄止
I used to have my habit under control
过去报纸每日发行一期时
back when the papers only issued one a day.
我还能控制我这个嗜好
Ever since they put the last 50 years
可现在他们把过去五十年的
of their archives online, I'm a lost cause.
所有字谜都放在网上,我就收不住了
It's a miracle I get any work done at all.
我还有时间工作已经是个奇迹了
You want sex?
你想做爱
Excuse me?
你说什么
I'm not averse, Ms. Vanowen.
并非我不愿意,佛农女士
I'm just busy.
可我现在太忙了
Perhaps we could set an appointment.
也许我们能另外约个时间
You're flirting.
你在跟我调情
This crossword talk.
聊填字游戏这些
You find me attractive.
你被我吸引了
The feeling is mutual, mostly.
其实,我也有同感
The musculature of your legs
你的腿部肌肉
and your shoulders suggests a certain elasticity I find
和肩膀所体现出的弹性,让我觉得
quite tantalizing.
很诱人
I must warn you, however, a relationship between us
不过我得事先说明,我们的关系
could never go beyond the physical.
永远不可能超出肉体的享受
No offense to you, of course.
不是你哪里不好
It's just... not my way.
只是,那不是我的风格
Am I interrupting?
打扰到你们了吗
Nope.
没有
Not even a little.
完全没有
Sorry I missed our engagement, Watson.
抱歉我失约了,华生
As you can see, I'm investigating
如你所见,我在调查
the possibility that a Vanowen employee set the bomb.
佛农的员工安置炸弹的可能性
It's okay... I told Alfredo I'd be in touch, and that
没关系,我跟阿弗雷多说了会保持联系
we could reschedule.
我们可以再约时间
Is that the whole piece?
所有的都在这里吗
Pradeep Singh.
普莱蒂·辛格
Hired as a copywriter in December 2003.
2003年进入公司,做广告撰稿人
He was promoted to junior associate in January 2007,
2007年一月被升为初级助理
senior associate in June 2007,
同年六月升为高级助理
and finally associate creative director in March 2008.
最后在2008年三月成为了助理创意总监
I see here that he was written up
我看到人力资源部
by the Human Resources Department on October 10, 2008
有记录说2008年10月10日
for engaging in a shouting match with you, Mr. Wheeler.
他与你大吵了一架,维勒先生
I see the Human Resources' report,
除了人力资源的报告
then nothing... no more papers...
就什么也没有了
Yes, that's because his contract
对,那是因为他与公司的
with this company was terminated.
合约终止了
Because he fought with you?
因为他跟你吵了架
Because he disappeared.
因为他失踪了
He came to work, left, never came back.
下班之后,就再没回来了
It was in all the papers at the time.
当时报纸都有报道
The police got involved, never found him.
警方也介入了调查,但没找到他
May I ask what sparked the disagreement between
我能问下你俩是因为什么问题
the two of you?
发生争执的吗
Uh... Pradeep wasn't happy.
普莱蒂不太高兴
He was a model employee at the beginning,
他一开始是个模范员工
but something changed him.
但后来他变了
He became... I don't know.. arrogant.
他变得,怎么说呢,很自大
He started talking about how he wanted more power
他开始说,他想要在公司拥有
here at the company, more control,
更大的权力,更多的掌控力
and we gave it to him at first.
起初我们满足他了
I mean, Pradeep was a capable guy.
毕竟普莱蒂确实有能力
Then it all changed when he came in asking
但后来他又来要求18个月内的
for his fourth raise in 18 months.
第四次升职,情况就不一样了
Well... you told him enough was enough?
你跟他说你受够了
No, that's when he snapped.
不,那时候他发火了
He told me I'd be sorry.
他说我会后悔的
And he worked here for about another week,
然后他又在这里工作了一周
and after that, he was gone.
接着就消失了
Never saw him again.
再也没见过他
Pradeep is dead.
普莱蒂死了
He died in 2008.
死于2008年
It was our understanding,
根据我们的理解
Mrs. Singh, that he was never found,
辛格夫人,他是失踪了
alive or dead.
生死不明
My husband loved me very much, just as I loved him.
我丈夫跟我非常相爱
He never would run away.
他不可能就这么走了
I held out hope for him for quite some time,
一开始我还抱有希望
but eventually I had to accept
但最终我不得不接受
that the only possible explanation
对于他的消失,唯一合理的解释
for his disappearance was death.
就是他已经死了
You think he was a victim of foul play.
你认为他是被人害死的
If he had collapsed somewhere, had a heart attack or a stroke,
如果他只是晕倒了,突发心脏病或中风
someone would have found him.
肯定会有人发现他的
Pradeep was murdered.
普莱蒂是遭人谋杀了
Or he snapped... planted a bomb at his workplace,
或者,他怒火中烧,在公司安了颗炸弹
and then dropped off the grid before it detonated.
然后在引爆前逃之夭夭了
Do you have any idea who might have wanted
你知道会有人想要
to hurt your husband?
伤害你丈夫吗
No.
不会的
There was the one man at his office he argued with
他消失前几天的确跟办公室里的
a few days before he vanished,
一个男人有过争执
but the police were able to clear him.
但警察证实那个男人没有嫌疑
Other than that, he had no enemies.
除此之外,他就没有敌人了
He was a... I'm just curious, Mrs. Singh.
他是个, 好奇问一句,辛格夫人
Have you had any work done in this room since 2008?
2008年后你有动过这间屋子吗
Work? Remodeling,
什么叫动过,改建
refurbishment, reconstruction.
翻新,重建
No, I haven't touched it since Pradeep disappeared.
不,普莱蒂消失后我什么都没改变过
Not even to address the mold on the wall behind that cabinet?
连那柜子后面墙上的霉迹也没处理过
How did you... The nose knows.
你怎么... 闻到的
Might we take a look in your backyard?
我们能去后院看看吗
Why?
为什么
Formality.
走程序而已
Actually, I think I'll just use your facilities first.
我还是先用下您的卫生间吧
I think I had a dodgy egg.
我好像吃了个坏鸡蛋
I'll join you presently.
我稍后会去找你们
It did.
是的
It was nice to be out in the country.
郊外的感觉真好
Would you excuse us a moment?
能让我们单独谈一会吗
Sure. Excuse me.
当然, 失陪了
Mrs. Singh was right... her husband is dead.
辛格夫人是对的,她丈夫的确去世了
He has been for quite some time.
他已经过世有一段时间了
What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊
The photograph at the end of the mantelpiece,
壁炉架尾端的那张照片中
it shows Pradeep and Mrs. Singh sitting on the sofa.
普莱蒂和辛格夫人坐在沙发上
It was taken in the same room that we were sitting in.
就是在我们刚坐过的房间拍摄的
I noticed several discrepancies between the wall
我注意到照片中的墙
in the photograph and the one that we were facing.
与我们所面对的墙有几处不符
The spacing between the paintings was all wrong.
图片之间的距离不一样了
In the photograph,
在照片中
they were approximately 18 centimeters apart.
它们的间距大概是18厘米
In the room, 12 centimeters.
房间中则是12厘米
There also hang lower now by about 10 centimeters.
悬挂的位置也降低了大概10厘米
Someone took them all down,
有人把它们都取了下来
put them back up again,
又重新挂了上去
didn't get the measurements right.
但弄错了照片之间的距离
So, Himali moved them?
所以是海玛丽移动了它们
She says she hasn't had any work done in that room,
她说她没动过那个房间
and when I took the frames off the wall,
当我把相框从墙上取下来时
I saw that she was right-- there's no old nail holes
我发现确实如此,墙上没有
that correspond to the frames' original arrangement.
符合相框原始位置的钉孔
There is, however, a slight bulge.
但是墙上有个小鼓包
Bulge?
鼓包
The center of the wall is almost imperceptibly convex.
墙的中心呈细微的拱形
Why?
为什么呢
Because the gasses released from
那是因为普莱蒂·辛格
Pradeep Singh's decomposing body
腐烂的尸体释放出的气体
expanded the plastic sheeting that he's wrapped in,
使包裹他的塑料布膨胀
pushing outwards.
将其外推
Wait a second.
且慢
Are you telling me that Pradeep is in that wall?
你是说普莱蒂就在墙里面吗
That would explain the mold, too.
这也能解释霉变
No. His killer removed insulation
不会吧, 凶手为了给尸体腾出空间
to make space for his body.
将隔温层移除
This created a temperature differential
这就在夹层与其它层之间
between that section and the others, condensation formed...
产生了气温差,造成冷凝
Then mold.
进而产生霉变
Four years ago, Pradeep's murderer
四年前,杀害普莱蒂的凶手
tore down that section of wall, stashed him inside,
将墙中夹层拆除,把他塞了进去
and then replaced and repainted the drywall.
然后替换并重新粉刷了墙壁
Are you sure?
你确定吗
I'm fairly sure.
我相当确定
Himali Singh didn't kill her husband.
海玛丽·辛格没有杀她的丈夫
Eyes confirmed she was in Mumbai
有人证实2008年十月
visiting family during most of October '08.
她基本都在孟买探亲
She didn't even come home
在听说普莱蒂失踪之前
until she learned Pradeep was missing.
她都没回过家
Whoever murdered Pradeep at home,
无论是谁杀了普莱蒂
they knew that his wife was out of town.
他们都知道他的妻子在外地
Her trip would've provided the privacy and time
她的旅行为谋杀并掩藏尸体
to kill him and stash him away.
打了掩护,也提供了时间
Maybe Singh had a coconspirator,
也许辛格有个共谋
someone he built the bomb with.
某个跟他一块造炸弹的人
Things went south...
事情进展不顺...
That's a reasonable theory, Captain.
这是个合理的推测,警监
Problem is, I no longer think
问题是,我不再认为
that Pradeep had anything to do with it.
普莱蒂跟这事有什么关系了
What's that... company newsletter?
那是什么,公司内部简报
Now, that is Pradeep's desk.
那是普莱蒂的书桌
That is the air vent in which the bomb was concealed,
那个是掩藏炸弹的通风管道
right next to him.
就在他右边
Now, if that had gone off when it was supposed to in 2008,
如果炸弹在原定时间2008年爆炸的话
it would have turned him into so much newly promoted hamburger.
他就会变成一坨人肉汉堡包
Vanowen S.C.'s personnel files showed that
佛农公司的人事档案显示
he did not miss a single day's work
直到彻底失踪之前
until the moment that he left for good.
他都没有旷过一天的工
That means he spent almost a week
这意味着2008年十月上旬里
in the early part of October 2008
有将近一周
sitting within spitting distance of a live explosive device.
他就坐在一个爆炸装置附近
You think it was meant for him.
你认为炸弹是为他准备的
Well, it is abundantly clear someone wanted Pradeep dead.
很明显有人想杀掉普莱蒂
The question is,
问题是
who would be willing to go to such lengths and why?
谁会这么不择手段,还有动机是什么
M.E. Confirms Pradeep Singh
验尸官证实普莱蒂·辛格
was killed by a gunshot wound to the chest.
死于胸部中枪
Death was followed by, and I quote,
原话是,其死后
"Pervasive mummification"
"经渗透式木乃伊化处理"
That's everything we found in his pockets.
这是我们从他口袋里找到的所有东西
It's kind of weird... there's a key on the key chain
有点奇怪的是,钥匙链上有把钥匙
with a button to unlock a car door,
上面有个能开启车门的按钮
but it's definitely not a car key.
但那绝不是一把车钥匙
No, that is a safety-deposit box key.
没错,这是保险箱的钥匙
You can tell by the teeth.
从钥匙齿条能看出
SLB Sequoia Liberty Bank?
红杉自由银行
Box number 699.
699号保险箱
Cheech and Chong's Next Movie?
《切奇与钟的下部电影》
Well, it's not a good movie,
不是部好电影
but it didn't make me want to commit a homicide.
可也没让我想要杀人
Hmm, the movie is gone.
影片已经被洗掉了
You see this slot here?
看见这个槽了吗
That's there to stop you from recording over the tape.
这是为了防止你进行翻录
You put Scotch tape there, it allows you to do so.
不过把透明胶带贴在这里就可以了
Now all we got to do is find a VCR...
现在我们要做的就是找到一台录放机...
in 2012.
在2012年
Have you not been to my home yet, Detective Bell?
你去过我家吗,贝尔警探
I maintain several VCRs.
我保存着几台录放机
I like to watch police interrogations
我喜欢观看70和80年代的
from the '70s and '80s.
警方审讯
Techniques were rawer back then, and, uh,
那时候的审讯技巧比较朴实
you do, on occasion, learn something useful.
你时不时地能学到点有用的东西
This is one of my CIs;
这是我的一个秘密线人
I've been waiting to hear from him on another case.
我一直在等他的消息,有关另一个案件
You mind if I take this in private?
你介意我私下里讲电话吗
My parlor is at your disposal.
你可以去客厅
What up, Carlo?
怎么了,卡罗
So, listen, I texted Alfredo,
听着,我给阿弗雷多发了短信
and we're all set for tomorrow.
我们约的明天
Coffee at 9:00.
九点在咖啡馆见
Alfredo, yeah, uh, I don't think that's going to work out.
关于阿弗雷多,我不认为会有进展
Spark's no longer there.
火花已熄灭
I think I'm going to have to seek sponsorship elsewhere.
我认为我得去别的地方找担保人了
What are you talking about? You hand-picked him.
你在说什么,你亲自选的他
Hmm, we can do better.
我们能选个更好的
Is this about us?
这跟我们有关吗
Is what about us? Your reluctance to find a sponsor.
什么跟我们有关, 你不愿意找担保人
I'm starting to think you're being difficult
我现在觉得你是在故意刁难
because you don't want me to leave.
因为你不想让我离开
You never told me you were funny.
你可从没说过你这么有趣
You picked Alfredo because you thought
你选了阿弗雷德,因为你以为
I wasn't gonna like him,
我不会喜欢他
but now that I do, you're trying to push him away, too.
但现在我喜欢他了,于是你又要拒绝他
Okay, what you're feeling right now--
你现在这种情况
I've seen it before.
我以前也遇过
Clients start to worry about
客户开始担心
what their lives are going to be like
他们的伙伴离开后
after their companion leaves.
他们的生活会变成什么样子
They kind of get a separation anxiety.
他们像是得了分离焦虑症
It's pretty standard, actually.
事实上这很普遍
I guess, since you've never been anything
可能是因为你当初
but opposed to me being here, it...
那么反对我来这里
it never occurred to me that you might feel it, too.
我还真没想到你也会有这种感觉
I don't know what you're on,
我不知道你怎么想
but old me would definitely have wanted some.
不过以前的我一定会想知道
Listen, I am... You're back. Excellent.
听着,我, 你回来了,太好了
Hey, is that Pradeep?
这是普莱蒂吗
He looks about...
他看起来
25 years old there.
大约25岁
Hey, sweetie.
亲爱的
I'm so glad we finally got to have this date.
真开心我们终于约会了
Me, too. You ready to party?
我也是, 准备好了吗
Yes. She's a prostitute.
好了, 她是个妓女
That's interesting.
有意思
High-end, by the looks of it.
看起来档次不低
You want to help me with this? Sure.
能帮我一下吗, 当然
Hello, Ms. Vanowen.
你好,佛农夫人
Well, we can keep watching if you'd both like,
如果你们都喜欢的话我们可以继续看
but I'd say we've found our bomber.
不过我觉得我们已经找到炸弹客了
All this just so you can ask me a few questions?
这么大费周章,就为了问我几个问题吗
Just a consent form, ma'am. Standard procedure.
只是许可表格,例行手续而已
So, now you want to tell me what this is all about?
那你现在能告诉我这是为了什么吗
Hey, sweetie. I'm so glad we finally got to have this date.
亲爱的,真开心我们终于约会了
Me, too. You ready to party?
我也是, 准备好了吗
Yes. Good.
好了, 很好
I'm sorry. Was that supposed to be me?
不好意思,那是我吗
I've learned since we spoke that you come from modest origins.
我听说,你来自于一个不那么富裕的家庭
Father a contractor, mother a homemaker.
父亲是承包商,母亲是家庭主妇
So, when you got into business school,
所以,当你去上商学院时
you needed a source of income.
你需要有一些收入
Something to pay your tuition
去支付你的学费
and provide you with seed money for your company.
同时也是创办公司的启动资金
You turned, in your hour of need,
在需要帮助的时候,你选择了
to the world's oldest profession.
这个世界上最古老的职业之一
Took to it with some gusto, I'd say.
我觉得其中也伴有些个人喜好
Okay, let's turn this off.
行了,关掉吧
You built a successful new life for yourself
你成功地为自己开辟了新生活
on the ashes of your old one, and no one was any the wiser.
过去都化作尘埃,没人能做的更好了
Until Pradeep Singh got a job at Vanowen.
直到普莱蒂·辛格在佛农谋得了职位
It probably took him a while to realize
他恐怕花了一段时间才意识到
that his new boss was one of the women
他的上司就是他多年前
that he had secretly recorded years ago,
录下亲热视频的人
but when he did, he turned the screw.
但当他发现之后,他很快把握住了机会
So to speak.
可以这么说
Three promotions in a year?
一年内三次晋升
That smells like a payoff to me.
我闻到了敲诈的味道
No. I promoted Pradeep because he deserved it.
不,我晋升普莱蒂是因为那是他应得的
Small confession:
跟你说个小秘密
I find the anti- prostitution laws
我发现这个国家的反娼妓法案
in this country rather Victorian.
相当有维多利亚时代风格
Sex is a commodity.
性是一种商品
Why shouldn't there be a market for it?
为什么不能公开交易呢
But, of course, not everyone thinks like I do.
不过,当然不是所有人都像我这么想的
Which is why
这也是为什么
you had to pay Pradeep until his demands
你得不断满足普莱蒂的要求
escalated past the point that you could meet them.
直到他的要求超越了你的底限
Then you cast about for a way to kill him.
于是你绞尽脑汁想到了杀掉他的办法
Now, you already had threatening letters from the ELM.
现在,你已经有了自卫队的恐吓信
So you built a pipe bomb, planning to blame them.
于是你造了个土质炸弹,准备嫁祸给他们
But when it didn't detonate,
但它没有爆炸
you simply shot Pradeep and walled him off.
你就直接射杀了普莱蒂并把他埋进了墙里
I imagine it was your father
我猜是你父亲
who taught you how to hang drywall.
教会你怎么砌石膏墙的
That's very creative, I'll give you that much.
很有想象力,这我必须承认
Can he just sling mud at me like this?
他这么污蔑我没问题吗
You can seek counsel at any time, ma'am.
你随时都可以请律师来,女士
Hardly surprising that you were the one
我对于你提议为佛农
to lead the search for new offices for Vanowen S.C.
找个新办公室一点都不惊讶
You were, after all, the only person who knew
毕竟你是唯一一个
that there was an unexploded bomb in the wall.
知道墙里有炸弹的人
You know what?
我跟你这么说吧
I think I will actually call my lawyer.
我觉得我得打给我的律师了
Well, if you do, Ms. Vanowen,
如果你要打的话,佛农女士
you might want to tell him
你应该告诉他
you're about to be arrested.
你就要被逮捕了
You have an old videotape and some stupid theories.
一卷旧影带和一堆愚蠢的猜测
This is not evidence.
这不叫证据
Yes, well, I found something
是啊,不过我在包炸弹的
on one of the scraps of paper that was used to pack the bomb.
纸张碎片上发现了一些东西
An imprint of the word "Novocain"
上面有着奴佛卡因字样的痕迹
Useful handwriting sample,
这是很有用的笔迹样本
but the message itself, rather opaque,
不过讯息本身很难懂
until one considers your love of crosswords.
直到我想到你对字谜的热爱
Novocain.
奴佛卡因
The answer to 144 across
那是《纽约时报》上纵横字谜
from the New York Times crossword,
第144个词的答案
October 13, 2008.
日期是2008年10月13日
The clue was "Pain's enemy"" In case you forgot.
提醒你一下,提示是"疼痛的敌人"
Now, Detective Bell and the Questioned Documents Unit
现在贝尔探员及可疑档案部
have just matched it to a handwriting sample you gave us
已将你刚填好的表格上的字迹
when you signed your consent form.
与样本进行了比对
Mmm. Detective Bell, the honor is all yours.
贝尔探员,由你来吧
Ms. Vanowen, would you face that way, please?
佛农女士,请你转过身去好吗
You are under arrest for the bombing
你因涉嫌用炸弹炸死
that took the lives of David Preston and Royce Maltz.
戴夫·普雷斯顿以及罗伊斯·马尔兹而被捕
This is a surprise.
真是意外
I was on my way over to show you something,
我正要来给你看点东西
then I got your message.
就收到了你的短信
Yeah, well... nothing personal.
好吧...不是因为你不好才拒绝你的
I don't take it personal. It's okay.
我没这么想,没事的
But since I'm here...
不过既然我都来了
Ever since I got straightened out,
自从我出来之后
I've been picking up work with car companies.
我与汽车公司搭上了关系
I test their security systems.
我为他们测试安全系统
I guess they figure anything that can keep me out
我估计他们发现能把我挡在外面的系统
is good enough for their customers.
对他们的顾客来说就足够了
My last job just came in.
我最近接到个活
Miss Watson tells me that you're into lock-picking.
华生小姐告诉我你对撬锁有兴趣
I figure maybe you want to give it a shot.
我觉得你也许想要试 试
Well, the truth is, Alfredo,
事实上,阿弗雷多
I'm already quite adept at defeating security systems.
我已经是破解安保系统的行家了
This stuff's not even on the market yet.
这个系统都还没有上市呢
So, really...
所以
how would you know if you could beat it?
你怎么知道自己能行
You know you want to try.
你知道你想试试的
Obviously your idea.
明显是你的主意
Zeroing in on common ground.
瞄准我们的共同点
Hoping it's enough to make me reconsider him.
好让我重新考虑他
It won't be.
没用的
What's the harm in getting to know the guy?
去了解一下他有什么不好呢
One way or the other,
不管怎样
I'm gonna be out of your life in a few weeks.
我几周后就要离开你的生活了
Maybe you're dreading that day;
也许你对那一天感到恐惧
maybe you're counting the seconds.
又或许你已经在心中倒计时了
Either way, I'm going to make sure
不论如何,我会在那一刻到来之前
you're ready when the time comes.
确保你已经做好了准备
I promise.
我保证
If I help him with his assignment,
即使我帮他完成任务
it does not mean I am assenting to his sponsorship.
也并不代表着我同意跟他合作
Of course it doesn't.
当然
I am quite self-sufficient.
我很独立的
Of course you are.
当然
Factory-installed immobilizer
厂家原装的防盗器
or after-market tracking system?
还是售后追踪系统
Not telling.
不告诉你
That's quite all right.
没关系
I'll just figure it out for myself.
我自己能搞清楚
I'm entirely self-sufficient, you know.
我是完全能独立解决问题的

重点单词   查看全部解释    
senator ['senətə]

想一想再看

n. 参议员

联想记忆
impression [im'preʃən]

想一想再看

n. 印象,效果

联想记忆
petroleum [pi'trəuliəm]

想一想再看

n. 石油

联想记忆
bulge [bʌldʒ]

想一想再看

n. 膨胀,优势,暴增
vt. 使 ... 膨

联想记忆
miracle ['mirəkl]

想一想再看

n. 奇迹

联想记忆
trace [treis]

想一想再看

n. 痕迹,踪迹,微量
vt. 追踪,找出根源

 
undiscovered

想一想再看

adj. 未被发现的;未勘探的

 
commemorate [kə'meməreit]

想一想再看

vt. 纪念

联想记忆
commodity [kə'mɔditi]

想一想再看

n. 商品,日用品

联想记忆
beam [bi:m]

想一想再看

n. 光线,(光线的)束,(横)梁,桁条
vt

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。