Monica: This cake is amazing!
这蛋糕太好吃了。
Rachel: My God, get a room!
天啊,去开房吧。
Monica: I would get a room with this cake. I think I could show this cake a good time!
我会跟这个蛋糕去开房的,正是时候让你们看看美味的蛋糕呢。
Phoebe: If you had to, what would you give up, food or sex?
如果你们必须放弃一样的话,你们会放弃哪一样儿,食物还是性爱?
Monica: Sex!
性爱。
Chandler: Seriously, answer faster!
说真的,你回答得也太快了吧!
Monica: Oh, I'm sorry honey, you know, but when she said "sex" I wasn't thinking about "sex with you"!
不好意思,亲爱的我刚才说的性爱,并不是指和你一起的性爱。
Chandler: It's like a giant hug.
好象我还受了很大恩惠似的。
Phoebe: Ross, how about you. What would you give up, sex or food?
罗斯,你呢?你会放弃哪一样?性爱还是食物?
Ross: Food.
食物。
Phoebe: Ok, how about, uhm, sex or dinosaurs?
那如果是性爱和恐龙呢?
Ross: Oh my God. It's like Sophie's Choice.
老天啊,真是两难的选择啊。
Rachel: Oh God. What about you, Joe? What would you give up, sex or food?
哦,天啊。乔,你放弃什么?性爱还是食物?
Joey: Uhm...oh...I don't know, it's too hard.
我不知道,这太难取舍了。
Rachel: No, you gotta pick one!
不行,你必须得选一个。
Joey: Oh...food. No, sex. Food! Sex! Food! I don't know! Good God, I don't know, I want, I want girls on bread!
食物,不,性爱食物,性爱,食物,性爱… 我不知道,老天,我都想要!我要坐在面包上的妞儿!
Rachel: You gotta see these latest pictures of Emma.
我这儿有我女儿最新的照片。
Phoebe: Oh, how cute!
哇,真可爱啊。
Phoebe: Oh, she looks just like a little doll!
她看上去就象个娃娃。
Rachel: Oh, no no. That is a doll.
不不,那就是个娃娃。
Phoebe: Oh, thank God, 'cause that thing's really creepy! Oh, there's Chandler.
噢,感谢上帝,因为我觉得它看上去有点吓人。钱德在那儿。
Rachel: Oh. Who is the blonde, she's pretty.
噢,那个金发女郎是谁?她很漂亮。
Phoebe: OH! He's having an affair.
他有外遇了。
Rachel: He's not having an affair!
他才不是有外遇呢。
Phoebe: You know, I'm always right about these things.
你知道的啦,我在这事儿上面感觉很准的。
Rachel: No, you're not! Last week you thought Ross was trying to kill you!
不,你才没有呢!上周你还在想罗斯想把你宰了。
Phoebe: Well, I'm sorry but it's hard to believe that anyone would tell a story that dull just to tell it! See, there's something going on with them. Look, he's getting into a car with her!
对不起,但确实很让人难以相信,有人能讲一个洋娃娃也会讲的故事。我敢发誓。他们俩之间肯定有些什么事。快看,他们俩上了同一部车。
Rachel: Oh, that doesn't mean anything.
那并不能说明什么。
Phoebe: Oh yeah? Well, let's see. Ok, duck down.
是吗?让我们走着瞧。喂,趴低点。
Chandler: Hello.
喂?
Phoebe: Oh, hi Chandler. It's Phoebe. Uhm...I...I know that Monica is working today so I was wondering if you wanna come to the movies with me and Rachel.
嗨,钱德,我是菲比,我知道今天莫妮卡要上班,所以我想你要不要跟我和瑞秋一起去看电影。
Chandler: Oh, uh...I have to work too. Yeah, I'm stuck here at the office all day.
噢,我也得上班。我在这办公室里都闷了一天了。
Phoebe: Oh, well, it's a shame that you...that you miss the movie 'cause we were gonna see, you know, either "Liar, Liar" or "Betrayal", or..."An Affair To Remember".
太可惜了,你不能去看电影,因为我们打算看《大话王》(1997年)《危险女人心》(1983年)或者是《金玉盟》(1957年)。
Chandler: Those are all really old!
噢,这些片子可不是一般的老啊。
Phoebe: Ok, then maybe it'll be, uhm...
是啊,也可能会看…
Rachel: "Dude, Where's My Car?"
《猪头,我的车咧?》(2000年)
Phoebe: What?
什么?
Rachel: They're in a car.
他们现在在车里。
Phoebe: Ok, well, I'll talk to you later. Ok, bye.
好了,迟点再跟你说,再见。
Rachel: Geez!
天呐!
Phoebe: Ok. Quick. We gotta find a cab and follow them.
快,我们得拦辆出租车跟踪他们。
Rachel: Oh, yeah, ok. Let me just grab my night vision goggles and my stun gun.
好的,我得先去拿我的夜视镜和眩晕枪。
Phoebe: I got them.
我这儿有。
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Hey! Hi, sweetie. Hey, you smell like perfume and cigarettes.
嗨,亲爱的你身上有香水和香烟的味道。
Chandler: I was in the car with Nancy all day.
我今天和南茜在车里面呆了一天。
Monica: Nancy doesn't smoke!
南茜可不抽烟。
Chandler: Well, at least the perfume is not mine, be thankful for that!
那至少那香水不是我的,你这点倒是不用担心。
Monica: So? What do you think of the house?
那么,你认为那房子怎么样?
Chandler: It's perfect. It's everything we've been looking for.
简直太棒了,就是我们一直以来要找的。
Monica: Isn't it? Then what about the...the amazing wainscoting and the crown molding and the dormer windows in the attic?
是吗?那些漂亮的涂层,冠形屋顶偏厦窗子和阁楼?
Chandler: And the wiggle warms and the zip zorps? What were the things you said?
还有蠕虫和爬虫?你刚刚在说什么?
Monica: Don't you love the huge yard?
你喜欢那个大院子吗?
Chandler: And the fireplace in the bedroom.
还有睡房里的壁炉。
Monica: And Nancy said that it's really under-price, because the guy lost his job and has to move in with his parents!
南茜还说这个价钱非常优惠,因为那家伙丢了工作,不得不搬去跟父母住,所以急于出手。
Chandler: This is bringing out a lovely color in you!
看把你兴奋的。
Monica: So? Do you think we should get it?
你认为我们是不是应该把它买下来?
Chandler: I don't know. What do you think?
我不知道,你怎么想?
Monica: I think we should.
我想我们应该买下来。
Chandler: I do too.
我也这么想。
Monica: This is huge!
这是件大事。
Chandler: I know.
我知道!
Monica: How bad you wanna smoke right now?
现在想不想抽一支?
Chandler: I don't know what you mean, giant talking cigarette! Oh, by the way, Phoebe called just as I was getting into Nancy's car, so if she asks you, I was at work all day.
你说什么呢,进言有功奖励香烟?对了,我正在南茜车上的时候,菲比打电话来了,如果她问起就说我一天都在工作。
Monica: Gotcha. When do we tell them about this?
明白,你打算什么时候跟他们说这件事。
Chandler: We don't. Not until it's a hundred percent. I mean, why upset everybody over nothing.
至少要等到事情完全确定下来,现在没有必要让大家都难受。
Monica: Ok. Right. Oh my God, that is gonna be so hard.
嗯,好的。上帝,这将会非常难受。
Chandler: I know. Good luck with it.
我知道。希望一切顺利。
Ross: I just can't see Chandler cheating!
我只是不明白钱德为什么要骗莫妮卡。
Rachel: I'm telling you guys, we followed them out to a house in Westchester, they went in for like forty-five minutes and then they came out looking pretty happy!
告诉你们吧,我们一直跟踪他们,到一所位于西切斯特的房子的外面,他们在里面待了有45分钟,出来的时候两人看上去都很高兴。
Joey: Chandler? Forty-five minutes? Well, something is not right.
钱德?45分钟?肯定有什么地方不对头。
Ross: So you went all the way to Westchester, waited 45 minutes and came back in a cab?
所以你们跟踪到西切斯特,还在外面等了45分钟。然后坐出租车回来?
Rachel: Yeah. And if each of you guys would like to pitch in 100 bucks, that'll be great.
是啊。如果你们谁愿意给100元的补助,那真是太好了。
Joey: I just can't believe he would do this to Monica!
我不敢相信他这样对莫妮卡。
Ross: I know, and with the baby coming?
是啊,而且他们就快有小孩儿了。
Phoebe: So...should we tell her?
那我们该不该告诉莫妮卡?
Ross: I don't know. Phoebe, if...if one of us saw Mike with another woman would you want us to tell you?
我不知道。菲比,如果我们看到麦克跟另一个女人在一起,应不应该告诉你?
Phoebe: Why? Who'd you seen him with?
什么?你看到他跟谁在一起了?
Ross: No one, I'm just saying if...
没有,我只是说...
Phoebe: Tell me what you know!
告诉我你知道些什么!
Ross: I know nothing! Mike's a great guy, it was hypothetical!
我什么也不知道,麦克是个好人,我只是假设。
Phoebe: All right...He is a good guy. You're right, he wouldn't cheat.
好了,他是个好人,他不会骗我的。
Ross: Believe me, if I did see with someone, there's no way I...
如果我真看到他跟另一个女人在一起。
Phoebe: Who did you see him with?
你看见他跟谁在一起了?
Rachel: Oh, look at her, so happy!
看,她多开心啊。
Monica: If only there were a smaller one to clean this one!
要是有更小的来清理这个该有多好。
Joey: Is uh...is Chandler here?
钱德在吗?
Monica: No, he's picking up dinner, why, what's up?
不在,他去买晚餐去了,出什么事了吗?
Phoebe: Well, look, whatever happens, we're here for you and we love you.
无论发生什么事,我们都跟你在一起,我们爱你。
Monica: All right.
好。
Ross: We think Chandler might be having an affair.
我想钱德可能有外遇了。
Monica: What?
什么?
Rachel: Phoebe and I saw Chandler with a blonde woman today outside on the street and then we followed them to a house in Westchester.
菲比和我今天看见钱德和一个金发女郎在一起,然后我们跟踪他们到了一所位于西切斯特的房子。
Phoebe: They went in together. So sorry.
他们一起进去了,很抱歉。
Monica: Oh my God! Oh my God that's awful! What did you think of the house?
我的上帝…太可怕了!你们觉得房子怎么样?
Phoebe: What?
什么?
Joey: Monica, you...you understand what we're saying, right?
莫妮卡,你明白我们刚才说的话,对不对?
Monica: Yeah, sure...uhm, I'm devastated, obviously...Did you think the neighborhood was homey?
明白,当然明白,非常清楚你的意思。你们认为那些邻居热不热情?
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: You son of a bitch!
你这个狗杂种。
Chandler: Is it me, or the greeting's gone downhill around here?
你是在说我还是说附近不再受欢迎了?
Monica: Phoebe and Rachel saw you with Nancy today and...em...they think you're having an affair.
菲比和瑞秋今天看见你和南茜在一起,他们以为你和她有一腿。
Rachel: Who's Nancy?
谁是南茜?
Ross: What's going on?
到底是怎么回事?
Monica: Ok, alright, guys, you'd better sit down, this is, this is pretty big.
好的…好的,伙计们,坐下说话,这是件大事。
Chandler: Yeah Uh, I'm not having an affair. Nancy is our realtor.
是的。我没有外遇,南茜是我们的房地产经纪。
Joey: I knew he couldn't be with a woman for 45 minutes!
我就知道他不可能跟一个女人做45分钟那么长。
Phoebe: Why, why do you have a realtor?
你们为什么要请地产经纪?
Monica: Uhm, she's been showing us houses outside of the city.
最近以来她带着我们去看市区以外的房子。
Joey: What?
什么?
Rachel: Are you serious?
你是说真的?
Monica: When we found out that we're gonna get this baby, Chandler and I started talking and we decided that we didn't wanna raise a kid in the city.
我们认为因为我们马上就要有小孩儿了,我和钱德商量过了,我们决定不能在市区抚养我们的小孩儿。
Phoebe: So you, so you're gonna move?
所以你们要搬出去?
Ross: Oh my God!
我的上帝!
Joey: Shouldn't we all vote on stuff like this? !
这种事我们总要投票解决吧?
Rachel: What is wrong with raising a kid in the city? I'm doing it, Ross is doing it, Sarah Jessica Parker is doing it!
在市区里带小孩儿有什么不妥吗?我不就正在市区里带小孩吗?罗斯也是莎拉杰西卡派克也是这么干的。
Monica: That's great for you guys, but we want a lawn and a swing set.
对你们来说这没什么问题,但是我们想要一个长长的秋千。
Chandler: And a street where our kids can ride their bikes and maybe an ice-cream truck can go by.
还有一条小孩可以在上面骑单车的马路,不时还会有雪糕车经过。
Ross: So you wanna buy a house in the 50's?
所以你们想买一栋50年代的房子?
Phoebe: You thought about what you're giving up? You can't move out of the city, what if, what if you want Chinese food at 5 am? Or a fake Rolex that breaks as soon as it rains, or an Asian hooker sent right to your door?
你们有没有想过你们正放弃什么吗?你们不能搬出市区要是,要是你们想凌晨五点钟吃中餐怎么办?又或者想买一块一响就散架的假劳力士怎么办?又或者是一个亚洲妓女就在你家边上怎么办?
Ross: You know what, if you wanna look for a house, that's ok.
知道吗?如果你们只是想看看房子,没问题。
Joey: No, no, it's not, don't listen to him! I'm gonna thump you!
不,不,不,别听他的,小心我扁你。
Ross: It's ok, because they have to get it out of their system, ok, but you're gonna realize, this is the only place, you wanna be.
的确是没问题,等他们真正住进去之后你们会发现,这里才是你们真正想要住的地方。
Chandler: Actually, we already found a house we love.
实际上我们已经找到合我们心意的房子了。
Ross: What?
什么?
Monica: And about an hour ago, we made an offer.
大约一小时以前,我们开出了我们的价码。
Chandler: Bet you wish I was having an affair now, huh?
我打赌你们现在宁可我有外遇。
Ross: You put an offer on a house?
你们已经开出价码了?
Monica: It's so sweet. It really is. It has this big yard that leads down to this stream and then there's these...these old maple trees...
那房子真的很好。的确是,那里有一个很大的院子一直通到一条小溪,那里还有很多枫树。
Phoebe: Wh? Again with the nature, what're you, Beavers?
跟自然环境有什么关系?你们又不是水獭。
Chandler: I know this is really hard and we're really sorry.
我知道你们一时很难接受我们的决定,我们也非常的抱歉。
Joey: Is...is this because I come over here without knocking and, and eat your food? Because I can stop doing that, I really, really think I can!
是不是因为我常不敲门就过来拿你们的东西吃?我可以不那样做我真的可以改。
Chandler: You know that's not the reason Joe.
乔,你知道这不是我们要搬出去住的原因。
Monica: Think if you saw it, you'd understand. I mean you guys were there. It's...it's beautiful, isn't it?
我想如果你们到实地看一看的话,你们会明白的。你们俩去看过,那的确很美,不是吗?
Rachel: Yeah it is.
是,确实是很美。
Joey: What the hell are you doing?
你在干什么?
Rachel: Well, it is, all right? When we were out there today, all I kept thinking was: I can't believe Chandler is screwing this woman, but man this would be a nice place to live!
我的意思是我们今天到那儿的时候,我所想的是我简直不敢相信钱德在和那女人干那事儿,但那并不意味那里不是一个适合居住的地方!
Ross: Yeah, I mean, if you moved there, you have to leave here. I mean, how can you leave this place?
是,但漂亮又能怎样?对,我是说如果你们搬到那里去住,你们就得离开这儿了你们怎么能离开这个地方?