Chandler: Hello? Hello?
你好?你好?
Monica: I love my new job!
我爱死我的新工作了!
Chandler: Honey, you're screaming.
亲爱的,你在吼叫。
Monica: You bet your ass I am! I just had the best first day, ever! The kitchen, twice as big as Allessandro's.
你说的没错,我就是!这工作是有史以来最棒的!那个厨房,比之前的餐厅大两倍……
Chandler: Oh, that's great.
喔,太棒了。
Monica: Yeah, a-a-and clean. Not just health department clean...Monica clean.
说到干净,不只是符合卫生局标准……是莫妮卡式的干净。
Chandler: Awesome.
酷毙了。
Monica: Oh, and the people are so nice.
喔,还有同事都很好。
Monica: There's this one guy, Jeffrey, he's the maitre d', Chandler, you will love him.
有一个男的叫杰佛瑞,他是餐厅领班钱德,你会很喜欢他的!
Monica: He is without a doubt, the funniest guy I have ever met.
毫无疑问他是我遇过最风趣的男人了!
Mike: This is nice.
这真棒。
Phoebe: I know!
我知道。
Mike: You need both hands for that?
你需要两只手才打得开?
Phoebe: Yeah, I kinda do. Well, how's this?
是啊,应该是要。嗯,那这样呢?
Mike: Are you sure that's sweet enough?
你确定那样够甜吗?
Joey: Aah, look at you two...holding hands...huh is this getting serious?
瞧瞧你们……两个手握着手……是不是开始认真了呢?
Joey: Have you not talked about it yet? Am I making you uncomfortable? If you were bigger you'd hit me, huh? Aaahh
你们有没有谈过了呢?我是不是让你们很不舒服呢?如果你再高壮一点你就会扁我了…… 对不对?
Phoebe: I'm sorry...I'm sorry. It's obviously way too early for us to be...having that conversation.
不好意思。很明显地现在就讨论那种事……对我们而言是太早了。
Mike: Is it?
会吗?
Phoebe: Maybe not, is it?
或许不会,会吗?
Mike: Ok, when I got divorced, I-I didn't think I'd feel this way about someone for a really long time...
当我离婚后……有一段很长的时间我不认为会对任何人有这种感觉……
Mike:Then again, I didn't think I'd meet someone like you...and...this may be crazy soon, but...I want you to have this...
而且,我也不认为会遇到像你这样的人……这或许太疯狂快速了,但我希望给你这个……
Mike:No, not...that's gum.
不,不是……那是口香糖。
Mike:Ooh, five bucks...I love it when that happens, you know...Think no note's there...
喔,五块钱!我超喜欢这种事发生的,你知道吗?你不知道那里有……
Phoebe: I know. Mike, why don't you keep digging?
我知道,继续挖。
Mike: Oh, sorry.
抱歉。
Phoebe: Oh, it's a key. To be honest, I think I'd prefer the five dollars.
是一只钥匙。老实说,我想我宁可要那五块钱。
Mike: It's to my apartment.
我公寓的钥匙。
Phoebe: Oh wow, ooh! Ooh, big step for Phoebe and Mike.
哇!菲比跟麦克两人关系的一大步。
Mike: Yeah, look, and I don't want you to feel like you have to give me your key just because...
我不希望你觉得这样,你也要给我你的钥匙……
Phoebe: Oh no, I want to.
不,我要。
Mike: Oh, thank God.
感谢上帝。
Phoebe: Yeah...ooh...wow...Even started to think I'd never meet someone that, you know, I wanted to...do this with. Here you go.
哇,我本来还在想我应该不会遇到一个人……让我想要这样做的。拿去吧!
Mike: This is cool, huh?
这太酷了。
Phoebe: Really is.
真的是很酷。
Joey: Oh, I know it...It is amazing these little things open doors...huh!
我知道,太惊人了,这些小东西可以把门打开!
Rachel: So I don't go back to work for another four weeks, but we would like our nanny to start right away, so that Emma could get a chance to know her.
我四星期之后才需要回去上班,但是我们希望我们的保姆可以马上上班,那艾玛才有时间熟悉她。
Nanny Candidate: I think that's really smart.
我想这样做是很聪明的。
Nanny Candidate:The easier we can make the transition for her, the better.
我们换手过程越流畅,对她越好。
Rachel: That's great, great. So do you have any questions for us?
太棒了,很好。那你有没有其他的问题想问我们呢?
Nanny Candidate: Not really.
没有。
Rachel: All right. Well thank you so much for coming...
好了,那谢谢你跑这么一趟……
Ross: Thank you.
谢谢。
Rachel: Really nice to meet you...and we'll call you.
很高兴认识你……我们会打电话给你。
Nanny Candidate: Oh, you know, wait. I do have one question. Do you guys do random drug testing?
喔,等一下。我是有一个问题。你们会不定期对人做毒品测试吗?
Ross: Boy, we uhm...hadn't really thought of that.
天啊,我们还真的没想过这个。
Nanny Candidate: That's cool. But...but if you do, I'm gonna need three days notice.
没关系,但是如果你们要求要做,我需要你们提前三天告诉我。
Rachel: Okidoki! Wow! We're never gonna find a nanny.
好的,没问题!我们永远都找不到保姆了。
Ross: Oh, come on Rach, we will. I promise. We have more interviews.
别这样,瑞秋,我保证我们会找到的。我们还有其他的面试情况。
Ross:And worse comes to worse, we can always reconsider the uhm...the first one we met with.
不可能更糟,我们总是可以重新考虑第一个人选。
Rachel: What, the blonde with no bra?
什么?那个没穿胸罩的金发女郎吗?
Ross: She was blonde?
她的头发是金色的吗?
Ross:Just a sec! Ok, ok. This one's name is Sandy.
等一下!好的,这个叫做珊帝。
Ross:Uh, she's got a degree in early childhood education, uhm...she worked for her last family for three years.
她有幼儿教育学位,她在上个工作的家庭做了三年。
Rachel: Ok...
好……
Sandy: Hi...I'm Sandy.
嗨,我是珊帝。
Ross: And she's a little mannish...
而且她看起来有点男性化……
Phoebe: Oh my God! David!
喔,我的天!大卫!
David: Hi! I-i-is this a bad time?
现在会打扰你吗?
Phoebe: No! It's a great time, come in!
不,现在很好!进来吧!
Phoebe:WOW, hi...Oh my gosh! What're you doing here? Are you back from Minsk?
哇!嗨!喔,天啊!你在这里做什么呢?你从明斯克回来吗?
David: Well, just for a couple of days, uhm...I'm-I'm here to explain to the people who gave us our grant, why it's a positive thing that we spent all their money and uhm...accomplished uhm...nothing.
只回来几天,我是回来跟提供基金的人解释……为什么我们花光了所有他们给的钱……什么都没有做出是件正常的事。
Phoebe: Who cares, it got you here.
谁在乎呢?反正你回来了。
David: Well, it-it got me to New York anyway, and then I got on a cab at the airport, and-and the guy said where to? and I just...gave him your address, I...I...I didn't even think about it.
我回到纽约,然后在机场叫了部计程车,司机问我要去哪?我想都没想就给了他你的地址。
Phoebe: Wow. Where is your luggage?
你的行李呢?
David: Damn it!
该死!
Phoebe: A-All right, well...I'll-I'll call the cab company.
好了,我来打电话给计程车公司。
David: Wa...wa...wait! We can...call them later. Can you just...just stand there f-f-for a moment?
我们可以等一下再打。你可以先站在那边一下子吗?
David: Boy! There's an old Russian expression, uhm...it goes: Schto ya ztez vigul...ui! Roughly translated that means uhm...Th-this thing that I'm looking at: wow!
天啊!有一句俄罗斯老谚语是这样的:Schto ya ztez vigul... ui!大略的翻译就是:美艳不可方物!”
Phoebe: Thank you! God, no! You should see me when...Oh actually, no, I look pretty good.
谢谢你!你应该看看当我…… 事实上,不用,我看起来挺不错的。
David: Are...are you kidding?
你在开玩笑吗?
David:You know, when you don't see someone for a long time, a-a-and you kind of build them up in your head and then you start thinking well, come on, don't be crazy. Nobody is that beautiful, but...well, you are.
你知道的,当很久没有见到一个人,你会在脑海中建立起这个人的影像 然后开始想:“少来了,别发神经了,没有人是那样美的,”但是,嗯,你真的就是那样美。
David:Well, so, uhm...well, are you seeing...anyone?
那么,你现在有在跟谁交往吗?
Phoebe: No...
没有……
Phoebe: I'm...I'm just...I'm the worst person ever. How can I not tell David that I'm seeing Mike?
我是最糟糕的人!我怎么可以不告诉大卫我跟麦克在一起呢?
Monica: Maybe he didn't give you a chance.
或许他没有给你机会说。
Phoebe: He said: Are you seeing someone? And I said no...
他问我有没有跟谁交往,而我说没有……
Monica: Oh, well...That'd been your window.
喔,那本来是你可以澄清的机会的。
Phoebe: Yeah! I mean, I don't know. I was just, I was looking, I was looking in his eyes and I was just thinking: Oh my God! It's David. David's here. He's just, he's so irresistible.
我真的不知道,我看着他的双眼……然后只能想:我的天!是大卫,大卫在这里。他真是令人无法抗拒。
Monica: Really? Th-the scientist guy?
真的吗?那个科学家?
Phoebe: Really? Chandler?
真的吗?钱德?
Monica: Continue...
继续说……
Phoebe: Oh. Ok, then it gets worse, 'cause then I told him that I would see him tomorrow night.
然后越来越糟糕……因为我答应他明晚跟他见面。
Monica: Phoebe!
菲比!
Phoebe: I know! Evil! And...and...and...I like Mike so much, you know. It's just going really well. Oh my God!
我知道!邪恶的女人!我真的好喜欢麦克,你知道吗?发展得真的很顺利。我的天!
Monica: Wow, isn't it ironic that David would show up on the same day that you and Mike exchange keys?
大卫出现在你跟麦克交换钥匙的同一天……这真是很讽刺。
Phoebe: Uhuh...Yeah! You know. And given my life long search for irony, you could imagine how happy I am.
是啊,而且你知道我一辈子都在找寻讽刺的事……你可以想像的到我有多开心!
Monica: What're you gonna do?
你要怎么办呢?
Phoebe: I-I mean I guess, I just have to...tell David that nothing can happen between us.
我想我只能……告诉大卫我们之间是不可能的。
Phoebe:Unless I don't...You know, complicated moral situation, no right, no wrong...
除非我不用告诉他……你知道的,复杂的道德情况……是没有错或对。
Monica: You have to tell David!
你必须要告诉大卫。
Phoebe: Ok, I knew I should have had this conversation with Joey.
我就知道我应该去问乔伊才对。
Chandler: Funniest guy she's ever met! I'm funny, right...? What'd you know, you're a door...You just like knock-knock jokes...Save it for inside!
她遇过最风趣的男人……我很风趣,不是吗?你知道个什么?你只是一道门……你就像是“敲敲门”笑话……等到里面再发挥。
Monica: Heeeeeey! Chandler: Hey! Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!嘿!嘿!
Chandler: So...Oklahoma is a crazy place. You know, they call it the Sooner state.
奥克拉荷马真是疯狂。他们把那里称为早到者之州。
Chandler:Frankly I'd sooner be in any other state.
事实上,我还真希望可以早点离开到其它的州!
Chandler:And what's with Oklahoma having a pan handle?
而且奥克拉荷马为什么有个平底锅柄呢?
Chandler:Can all states have stuff like that? Hey yeah, I'm from the waistband, Wyoming.
其它的州可以有像那样的东西吗?嘿,我是从怀俄明州的腰部来的。
Chandler:But when I was seven, we headed over to the crotch.
但是当我七岁的时候,我们就搬到胯下部了。
Monica: Was your cabin pressurised?
你的机舱是不是压力太大?
Chandler: And don't get me started on the way that people from Tulsa talk.
而且不要让我开始告诉你们土尔沙人说话的方式。
Phoebe: Ok.
好的。
Chandler: What's with the word y'all? You know, just...two words just...pushed together...
“你全”到底是个什么字呢?只不过是“你们”跟“全部”加在一起……
Chandler:Are we all allowed to do that, because if so, I say why stop there?
我们可以那样做吗?因为如果可以,还有很多字可以这样玩。
Chandler:You know, your-your new poodle could be your noodle.
你的“新狮子狗” 可以变成你的“新狮”。
Chandler:And fried chicken? Could be frickin.
“油炸鸡块”可以变成“炸块”服务生?
Chandler:Waiter, waiter, 'scuse me, I'll have the frickin? See, that's...that's funny with the frickin, right?
服务生,不好意思 我想要点“炸块”!瞧,“炸块”,很好笑吧?
Monica: No, it's reminded me of something this guy did today at work.
不,只是让我想起今天工作时有个人讲的笑话。
Monica:I-I told you about that funny guy, Jeffrey, right?
我有跟你提过一个风趣的人叫做杰佛瑞,对吗?
Chandler: Yeah, he came up...
是啊,你提过……
Monica: Ok. Well, he did this bit...You probably had to be there, but it was uh, Laizah Minelli locked in our freezer, eating a raw chicken.
嗯,他做了一件事……你应该要在现场才感受的到……莉莎明妮莉被锁在冰箱里面吃生鸡肉。
Chandler: Were you there?
你在现场吗?
Phoebe: No, but it sounds like it was frickin funny...
没有,但是听起来非常(与炸块同字)好笑……
Sandy: I really do understand how hard it's gotta be to leave your child with another person.
我真的可以理解要把孩子交付给另一个人是很困难的事。
Sandy:I mean, it's like leaving behind a piece of your heart...
我是说,这就像把心上的一块肉割下……
Rachel: Sandy, that's exactly what it is...
珊帝,这正是如此……
Ross: Are you gay?
你是同性恋吗?
Rachel: I'm sorry, that's our Ross. He's just Mr. Shoot Straight From The Hip.
我很抱歉,这就是我们的罗斯。他总是直言不讳。
Sandy: It's ok. I get that a lot doing what I do. But I am straight. I'm-I'm engaged actually.
没关系,我的工作常引来误会。但我不是同性恋,事实上我已经订婚。
Rachel: Oh!
喔!
Sandy: Her name is Deliah.
她的名字叫做狄莉亚。
Rachel: Oh, that's pretty.
真是好名字。
Ross: So you're-you're just like a...guy who's a nanny?
所以你只是一个当保姆的男人?
Sandy: I realise how it's...a bit unorthodox for some people, but, I really believe, the most satisfying thing you can do with your life, is take care of a child.
我知道这对一些人来说是很颠覆传统的,但我真的相信照顾小孩是一辈子当中……最令人感到满足的事。
Ross: Ok.
好的。
Sandy: Like in my last job, I met Daniel when he was three weeks old.
就像我上一个工作……我在丹尼尔三星期大的时候就认识他。
Sandy:And I got to watch him grow into this awesome person...
然后我看着他成长变成一个很棒的人……
Sandy:When I left, I said: I'll see you soon...
当我离开的时候,我说:“希望很快再见到你”……
Sandy:And he said to me: Skdandy...That was his name for me...I'll see you every day...right in...
然后他说“珊卡丹帝”……那是他给我的名字……“我每天都会看到你在……”
Ross: Yeah, kids say all kinds of crap.
是啊,小孩子尽是会说些鬼话。
Rachel: Oh God, she must...she must need her diaper changed.
喔,天啊,她一定是需要换尿布了。
Sandy: Oh, oh, I-I can do it for her, if you want...
我可以帮你处理,如果你要的话……
Rachel: Oh, that would be great!
太棒了!
Sandy: Uh, Just so you know, these dinosaur toys, aren't really age-appropriate.
顺便跟你说一下,那些恐龙玩具可能不适合她的年龄。
Ross: They're mine.
那些是我的。
Sandy: Oh. Also not, age-appropriate.
同样也是不适龄。
Rachel: I love him, I love him, I love him...
我爱他,我爱他,我爱他!
Ross: Oh, come on, Rachel, he's a guy!
别这样,瑞秋,他是个男人!
Rachel: So He's smart, he's qualified. Give me one good reason we shouldn't try him out.
那又如何?他很聪明,资历又符合。给我一个理由为什么我们不能试用他。
Ross: Because, it's weird!
因为这实在太奇怪了!
Rachel: Why?
为什么?
Rachel:Wow, I never looked at it that way.
哇,我从来都没有那样想过。
Ross: Wh-what kind of job is that for a man? A nanny? I mean it's like i-if a woman wanted to be...
男人做那种工作像话吗?保姆?我是说,那就像一个女人想要成为……
Rachel: Yes?
什么?
Ross: King?
国王?
Sandy: I uh...I hope you don't mind. I used some of my home-made lotion on Emma.
我希望你不介意,我在艾玛身上用了我自制的乳液。
Sandy:It's a mixture of calendula and honey cream. It'll dry that rash right up.
那是混合金盏花跟蜂蜜的乳液。对红疹是立即见效的。
Sandy:Plus...it keeps the hands young...
而且,使双手保持年轻……
Rachel: Yes! Sandy you're hired.
是的!珊帝,你被录取了!
Sandy: That's great! I'm sorry. It's just...such an emotional thing when you're welcomed into a new family...
太棒了!不好意思。只是被欢迎加入一个新家庭是一件很令人感动的事……
Rachel: Oooh...God, come here.
喔,天啊,过来这里。
Ross: You gotta be at least bi...
你至少也是双性恋……
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler:I need you to set me up for a joke. Later, when Monica is around, I need you to ask me about fire trucks.
我需要你帮忙让我讲笑话……当莫妮卡在的时候,问我消防车怎样。
Joey: Ooh. I-I don't know Chan. I'm-I'm not so good with remembering lines.
我不知道,钱德,我不是很会记台词的。
Chandler: Well, thank God your livelihood doesn't depend on it.
感谢上帝你不是靠记台词吃饭的。
Joey: I know, right? Wh...Wh...Why are we doing this?
我知道,棒吧?我们为什么要这样做呢?
Chandler: Monica says that her maitre d' is the funniest guy she's ever met.
莫妮卡说他们餐厅的领班是她遇过最风趣的男人。
Joey: Seriously? She actually said that?
真的吗?她真的那样说?
Chandler: Yes! Am I crazy to be this upset?
是的,我这样不爽很疯狂吗?
Joey: No! Being funny's your thing!
不!风趣是你的专利!
Chandler: Yeah!
是啊!
Joey: Without that, you just got "lame with women". Chandler: Ye....
没有了它,你还有什么吸引女人的!耶……
Monica: Hi! There you are.
嗨!你们都在。
Joey: Fire trucks!
消防车!
David: Hi.
嗨。
Phoebe: Hi.
嗨。
David: Oh, I-I-I brought you this from Minsk. Um, You-you're not going to believe this, uh, this is lemon-flavored vodka.
我从明斯克带回来这个给你,你不会相信的,这是柠檬口味的伏特加。
Phoebe: Wow. we-uh-we actually, uhm, we-we have this here.
是吗?事实上这里也有。
David: I traded four pairs of Levi's for that.
我用四条牛仔裤换来的。
Phoebe: Thanks, thanks anyway.
谢谢你。
David: Wow, you-you look even...more beautiful than you did yesterday.
哇,你看起来比昨天更美丽。
Phoebe: Oof...
唔……
David: In fact, ehm...I'm going to kiss you now.
事实上,我现在要亲你。
Phoebe: Oh, wait, wait!
喔,等等!
David: Yeah, I-I don't, I can't get away with stuff like that. I-I-It sounded sexy in my head, so I...
我就是没有办法……在我脑海中听起来很性感,所以我……
Phoebe: No, no, it's-it's not that.
不,不,不是那件事。
Phoebe:Uhm...Remember when you asked me if I was seeing someone and I said no?
你记得当你问我有没有跟谁交往而我告诉你没有吗?
Phoebe:Well, uhm...I am. His...his name is Mike.
事实上我有,他叫做麦克。
David: Oh...oh...
喔……哦……
Phoebe: Yeah, I should've told you.
我应该早点告诉你的。
David: No...well, yeah.
不用……嗯,你应该要的。
Phoebe: I'm sorry, I-I wanted to tell you. But you know, then I just got lost in your eyes...and I-I just forgot all about...
我很抱歉,我想告诉你。但是我又沉醉在你的眼神中……然后我就完全忘了……
David: Mike?
麦克?
Phoebe: Right, yes, uhuh. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
是的,没错。我很抱歉,我很抱歉。
David: Well, it's-it's ok, it's ok. I-I-I understand...Well, so...well, are you happy with this guy?
没关系,我可以理解……那你跟这个人在一起快乐吗?
Phoebe: I am happy.
我是很快乐。
David: Damn it!
该死!
David:I-I'm sorry. I-I don't mean that. I-I want you to be happy...But only with me.
我很抱歉,我不是那个意思。我要你过得快乐……但是只能跟我。
David:No, that-that's not fair. Uh, who cares, leave him! Oh, I don't mean that. Yes I do...I'm sorry. Uhm, I...I think I should probably uhm...go...
不,那并不公平。管他的,抛弃他吧!我不是那个意思,是的,我是……我很抱歉。我想我应该离开了……
Phoebe: Uh...but David, just...I just want you to know that...that...you know...telling you this...is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
但是,大卫,我只想要你知道……跟你坦白是我做过最困难的事。
David: Well...just so you know...hearing it wasn't exactly a Vladnik carnival either...Can we at least hug goodbye?
嗯,让你知道一下……听到这件事也不是像在过嘉年华……我们至少可以拥抱道别吧?
Phoebe: Of course, yeah. You know, a-a kiss on the cheek wouldn't be totally inappropriate...
当然,可以,你知道的,在脸颊上亲一下应该不会是太不适当……
David: No...no...Phoebe: I mean...
不……不……我是说……
David: In Minsk...Phoebe: Yeah?
在明斯克…… 怎样呢?
David: it's uhm...it's-it's two on each cheek and uhm...and one on the lips.
是在两边各亲两下……还有一下亲在唇上。
Phoebe: Well, if that's what they do in Minsk...In New York...it's...
嗯,好吧,如果那是明斯克的习俗。在纽约,是……
Rachel: Oh...Oh boy...Hi...
喔,天啊……嗨……
Ross: Is everything all right?
一切都还好吧?
Rachel: Oh yeah, it's fine, it's fine. Sandy was just...was just telling me about how he proposed to his fiancée and it was just so beautiful.
喔,是的,很好,很好。珊帝只是在告诉我他是如何跟他未婚妻求婚的……实在是太梦幻了。
Sandy: Well, her favourite flower is the camellia. From the poem...
她最喜欢的花是山茶花。从那首诗……
Rachel: I can't...I can't hear it again.
我没办法再听一次。
Sandy: You know, I can't tell it again...
我也没办法再说一次……