手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第七季 > 正文

老友记 第7季:第7集 罗斯在图书馆(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Joey: Morning!

早安!
Rachel: Hi! Oh, how was your date last night?
嗨!噢,昨晚的约会怎么样?
Joey: Pretty good.
挺好的。
Rachel: Oh good. Ah! My God, Sorry about that!
噢,那就好。啊!天啊,对不起!
Joey: Okay, really good. Anyway I gotta go. I'm late for work.
好吧,非常好。我得走了。上班要迟到了。
Rachel: What? ! You're gonna leave this person with me? !
什么?!你就把这人扔这儿给我?!
Joey: Yeah Hey, don't worry, she's a terrific girl. And hey listen, could you do me a favor? When she comes out could you just mention that I'm not looking for a serious relationship; that'd be great.
是啊,嘿,别担心,她是个很棒的女孩。还有,能帮我个忙吗?她出来后告诉她,我还不想找女友。
Rachel: Why? ! What? ! Are you kidding? !
为什么?!什么?!你在开玩笑吗?!
Joey: Just casually slip it in, you know lay the groundwork. Tell her, I'm a loner No! An outlaw! Tell her she doesn't want to get mixed up with the likes of me.
就随便跟她一提,让她有心理准备。就说我是独行者!不愿被束缚!告诉她别和我这样的人在一起。
Rachel: You know what? That's a lot to remember, can't I just tell her you're a pig?
我记不住,就告诉她你是只猪,行吗?
Joey: Hey, I'm gonna call her later! Honest!
嘿,我稍后会打电话给她!真的!
Joey: Oh come on, Chandler used to do it! He'd even make the girl pancakes! Plus, he'd make extras and leave them for me.
拜托,钱德勒以前就这样帮我!他还给女孩做薄饼呢!他总做很多还剩一些给我。
Rachel: Well forget it, I'm not telling that girl anything. That is not my responsibility.
别指望了,我什么都不会告诉那女孩。又不是我的职责。
Joey: Fine! Now, where'd we land on those pancakes?
好吧!那你会把那些薄饼放哪儿?
Joey's Date: Hi!
嗨!
Rachel: Hi!
嗨!
Joey's Date: Sorry about that, but I couldn't get that lock to work on the door.
刚刚很抱歉,可我不知怎么锁那门。
Rachel: Yeah, Joey kinda disabled it when I moved in.
乔伊在我搬进来后把它弄坏了。
Joey's Date: You must be Rachel, I'm Erin.
你肯定就是瑞秋了,我是艾琳。
Rachel: Hi.
嗨。
Erin: Hi. I don't mean this to sound like high school, but did he say anything about me?
嗨。可能这样问有点像中学生,但他有说过我什么吗?
Rachel: Would you like some pancakes?
你想来点儿薄饼吗?
Chandler: Come on! Why are we here? !
别卖关子了,我们来这里干什么?!
Ross: Okay, okay take a guess.
好,好,你猜。
Chandler: The hot chicks?
这里有辣妹?
Ross: Okay, okay, I was typing names into the library computer earlier, you know for fun, and I typed mine in and guess what came up? My doctoral dissertation! It's here! Yeah, it's right it's right down here! In the biggest library in the university!
是这样,我往图书馆电脑里输名字,你知道的,只是觉得好玩,我输了自己的,你猜找到什么?我的博士论文!就在这里!在大学最大的图书馆里!
Chandler: Wow that's actually pretty cool.
那真的很酷。
Ross: Oh, there's also a book here by a woman named Wendy Bagina. What is that?
还有一本温迪·巴继娜写的书。那是什么?
Chandler: Sounds like two people are really enjoying the Dewey decimal system.
听起来像是两个非常享受杜威十进制系统的人。
Female Student: I'm so sorry!
太抱歉了。
Chandler: You didn't bring me here to do that, did you?
你不会是带我来这里做那档子事的对吧?
Monica: She sent the chicken back again? !
她又把鸡肉退回来了?!
The Waitress: She says it's to dry now and she wants to come back here and explain to you exactly how she wants it.
她说鸡肉太干,想亲自跟你解释,她要什么样的鸡肉。
Monica: Well fine! I want to meet this chicken expert! Send the Colonel in!
我倒想会会这位鸡肉专家。传上校(暗指肯德基的创始人)进来吧。
The Colonel: Oh, my God!
我的天啊!
Monica: Lucky bastard! Janice.
躲过一劫的混蛋!珍妮丝。
Janice: How are you Ms. Hot Shot chef with the big fancy restaurant with the best chicken ever!
在大餐厅做靓鸡肉的大厨过得怎么样?
Monica: I'm fine.
我挺好。
Janice: Oh! What is that on your finger? ! I'm blind!
噢!你手指上的是什么?!我给闪瞎了!
Janice: So, who's the lucky guy?
谁是那个幸运的家伙?
Chandler: Oh, my God. I am so sorry sweetie, are you okay? You didn't tell her we were getting married, did you?
我的天啊。我真的很抱歉,甜心。你还好吗?你没告诉她我们订婚了吧?
Monica: Well, she saw the ring.
她看到了戒指。
Chandler: Did she freak out?
她大吃一惊?
Monica: Well, she was shocked when I told her, but then again so were most people.
哦,刚开始她有些震惊,不过大伙得知咱们的婚讯时都感觉震惊。
Chandler: Right.
噢。
Monica: Well, she actually has a boyfriend you know herself, named Clark, she also kinda invited herself to our wedding. Clark too.
她有男朋友了,叫克拉克。她还自说自话说她要参加我们的婚礼,克拉克也要来。
Chandler: You said no right?
你拒绝了对吧?
Monica: Huh?
啊?
Chandler: You said no right? !
你拒绝了对吧?!
Monica: Well, she corned me! She asked if the wedding was in town! I mean, what was I supposed to do? !
我是被逼的!她问我婚礼是不是在城里举行!那你说我该怎么办?
Chandler: Lie! How hard is that? ! The check's in the mail! Oh your baby is so cute! I can't wait to read your book Ross!
骗她!那有多难?!支票在邮件里!噢,你的宝宝真可爱!我真期待你的大作,罗斯!!
Monica: Come on! So she comes to the wedding! I mean it won't be so bad.
就让她来嘛,说不定没那么糟糕呢。
Chandler: What do you think she's just gonna sit there quietly? You don't think she's gonna want to make a toast? You don't think she's gonna want to grab the microphone and sing Part-time Lover? !
你以为她会安静的坐在那儿吗?你不觉得她会说祝酒辞吗?你不觉得她会抓起麦克风唱"兼职爱人"?!
Monica: Oh my God, she's not gonna like the chicken that night either is she? !
老天,她一样不会喜欢当晚的鸡肉,是吗?
Chandler: You know what? It's gonna be okay. You know what? She's probably not gonna even want to come.
知道吗?没事的。知道吗?她也许根本不会来。
Monica: Really?
真的?
Chandler: No! That was a lie! See how easy that was!
不!那是骗你的!多简单!
Monica: So you would've just lied?
那要是你就骗会她?
Chandler: Yes!
对!
Monica: Would it really have been that easy?
真的就那么简单吗?
Chandler: Yes!
当然!
Monica: Good, so do it Saturday night because we're going to dinner with her and Clark.
那就好,周六晚就那样做啊,我们要跟她和克拉克吃饭。
Joey: Hey! What's up?
嘿!好啊!
Phoebe and Rachel: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: Hey, who's your friend? Hey!
嘿,你这朋友是谁啊?嘿!
Erin: Hey Joey!
嗨,乔伊。
Joey: Erin! Still here!
艾琳,你还在啊。
Rachel: Yeah, we ended up spending the day together and had such a great time!
我们在一起一整天,玩得很开心。
Joey: Why wouldn't you? Erin is great! Then there's you guys.
可不是吗?艾琳可棒了。当然还有你们。
Erin: Oh, listen. I've got to get going. Today was great, thanks!
噢,我要走了,今天真棒,谢谢!
Rachel: I know! Okay!
是啊!就是!
Erin: Bye Joey. Last night was fun.
再见乔伊。昨晚真开心。
Joey: Yeah. I'll call you.
我会打电话给你的。
Rachel: Oh and I'll call you too!
噢,我也会打电话给你!
Erin: All right. I'll call you.
好,我会打给你的!
Phoebe: And call me!
还有打给我!
Joey: Okay, good to see you again.
好吧,很高兴再见到你。
Erin: Bye.
再见。
Joey: Bye-bye.
再见。
Rachel: Bye!
再见。
Joey: So, system kinda broke down huh? !
赶走她的系统出故障了吗?!
Rachel: Oh Joey, I'm sorry I just couldn't tell her all those things you wanted me to tell her. And you know we got to talking and I…
噢,乔伊,那些话我说不出口。和她聊过天后,我想…
Phoebe: We want you to marry her!
我们想你娶她!
Joey: What? !
什么?!
Phoebe: She is so amazing! You have no idea.
她真棒!你都不知道。
Joey: No idea? Who do you think brought her here?
不知道?那你以为是谁带她来的?
Rachel: Cupid.
丘比特。
Phoebe: Joey, she's so cool. She speaks four languages.
乔伊,她真酷。会说四种语言。
Joey: Man, do you know what guys want!
天,你还真了解男人需求。
Rachel: Look Joey, come on she's so perfect for you! I mean she's sweet, she likes baseball, and she had two beers at lunch.
乔伊,她跟你是天生一对,她真的很可爱。她喜欢棒球,午餐时还喝了两瓶啤酒。
Joey: My beers? ! Look you guys, she's a very nice girl. Okay? We had a good time, but I just I don't see it going anywhere.
我的啤酒?!她是个不错的女孩。我们在一起很开心,但我看不到有未来。
Phoebe: But you always say that.
你老那么说。
Rachel: Yeah, maybe if you gave this girl a chance it would go somewhere.
也许你给这女孩一次机会,就会有未来。
Joey: Look I'm sorry you guys, I just don't think so.
对不起了,我可不这么想。
Phoebe: Whatever.
随便吧。
Rachel: Fine.
好吧。
Joey: Hey, don't start judging me! Huh? You're the one who's in love with her assistant! Huh? And you, you're the one having the affair with the guy who keeps the pigeons on the roof!
嘿,别老说我了!哼?你爱上自己的助手!哼?还有你,你和在楼顶养鸽子的人有一腿!
Rachel: Phoebe!
菲比!
Phoebe: Secret affair!
秘密恋爱而已。
Ross: People are doing it in front of my book!
有人在我的书前嘿咻!
Rachel: I'm sorry?
你说什么?
Ross: My doctoral dissertation is in the library at school, I went to see it, and there were students making babies right in the middle of the Paleontology section!
我的博士论文在学校图书馆里,我去看看,有学生就在古生物区造孩子。
Rachel: Oh my God! Did you get to see anything good?
噢老天!你看到什么精彩的吗?
Ross: Let me ask you something, at your school was there a like uh a place on campus where students went to uh, fool around.
我问你,你们学校有没有个学生喜欢去做那事的地方?
Rachel: Yeah, there was. It was there the corner of the library where all these dusty books that nobody ever read Yes, there was.
有啊。在图书馆的角落里,那里堆着从没有人看的铺满了灰尘的书。没错,就在那儿。
Ross: Great! Because people kept showing up, I think it's like a thing!
太好了!因为人们就不停地出现,好像有什么约定一样。
Joey: Now hold on a second, fifth floor against that back wall?
等等,五楼靠后墙那儿?
Ross: Oh for crying out loud!
噢,连你都去过!
Joey: All right, so we should go catch our movie.
好吧,我们该去看电影了。
Rachel: Well now what's the rush?
急什么?
Joey: I like to see the previews. The candy.
我想看预告片。有糖果拿。
Phoebe: Oh. Hey!
嗨!
Rachel: Well look who's here!
看谁来了!
Erin: Hey, Joey.
嗨,乔伊。
Joey: Hey, Erin.
嗨,艾琳。
Erin: :Hey, Rachel.
嗨,瑞秋。
Rachel: Hi.
嗨。
Rachel: Hi! Well, we were just about to take off and see a movie. Oh no!
嗨!我们正准备去看电影。噢不行了!
Erin: What's wrong?
怎么了?
Rachel: Oh Phoebe, we forgot that party we have to go to.
噢,菲比,我们忘了要去一个派对。
Phoebe: Oh no.
哦,不。
Joey: What party?
什么派对?
Phoebe and Rachel: A birthday party.
生日派对。
Joey: Who's birthday party?
谁的生日派对?
Phoebe and Rachel: Allison's birthday party.
艾莉森的生日派对。
Joey: Oh, and how is Allison?
艾莉森几岁?
Phoebe and Rachel: 32.
32.
Rachel: Wait a minute! Why don't you guys do something? !
等一下!不如你们两个一起去玩儿?!
Joey: Yeah, look how that worked out.
对,看看我们能做点什么。
Ross: Excuse me. Hi, I'm a professor here. Do you know the Paleontology section, fifth floor, stack 437?
打扰了。嗨,我是这儿的教授。你知道古生物区,五楼,437书架吗?
The Librarian: Well, yes! Just give me five minutes, I just have to find someone to cover my shift.
哦知道!给我五分钟,我要找人替一下班。
Ross: No! No! No! Can I speak to someone in charge please? !
不!不!不!我能跟负责人说话吗?!
The Head Librarian: How can I help you?
我能帮你什么吗?
Ross: Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to increase security in the Paleontology section? See I wrote a book up there and instead of reading it people are well, rolling around in front of it.
嗨,能不能在古生物区加强保安?我写了本书在那儿,那些人不读,反而在那儿滚来滚去的。
The Head Librarian: We are aware of the problem you are referring too. But as far as increasing security, I'm afraid the library is very understaffed. I can't help you.
我们已经意识到这个问题。可我们人手不足。帮不了你。
Ross: Well, fine. Fine! If I'm the only person with any appreciation of the sanctity of the written word, I'll go up there and defend it myself! And don't you follow me!
好吧,算了!就我欣赏这些神圣的文字,我自己去保护好了!你别跟着我!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
shift [ʃift]

想一想再看

n. 交换,变化,移动,接班者
v. 更替,移

 
chef [ʃef]

想一想再看

n. 厨师,主厨

联想记忆
outlaw ['autlɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 被剥夺法律保护的人,罪犯 v. 使 ... 失去法

联想记忆
appreciation [ə.pri:ʃi'eiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 欣赏,感激,鉴识,评价,增值

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
slip [slip]

想一想再看

v. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱
n. 滑倒,溜走

 
candy ['kændi]

想一想再看

n. 糖果
vt. 用糖煮,使结晶为砂糖

 
security [si'kju:riti]

想一想再看

n. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券

 
dissertation [.disə'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 论文

联想记忆
baseball ['beis.bɔ:l]

想一想再看

n. 棒球

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。