手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第七季 > 正文

老友记 第7季:第8集 钱德勒不喜欢狗(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Ross: Hey everybody! Happy Thanksgiving!

嗨!各位!感恩节快乐!
Joey, Rachel and Phoebe: Shhhh!
嘘!
Chandler: No, no, no. No no no.
别别别……
Ross: What are we keeping Thanksgiving a secret this year?
不能让大家怎么了?今年我们要秘密地过感恩节吗?知道今年有感恩节吗
Chandler: No, we're playing this game I learned at work. You have to name all the states in six minutes.
我们正在玩一个游戏。你得在六分钟内写出美国各州州名。
Ross: What? That's like insanely easy!
什么?那太容易了。
Chandler: No, that's a lot harder than it sounds. You always forget at least one, or in some cases, fourteen.
不,没听上去那么简单。你总是会漏掉一个,某些人会漏掉14个。
Monica: It's a stupid game and I wasn't playing against other people, so technically I didn't lose.
这是个蠢游戏,而且没有对抗性,所以理论上讲,我没输!
Ross: What? You forgot fourteen states?
什么?你忘了14个州?
Monica: Nobody cares about the Dakotas.
没人在乎达科他州。
Chandler: Oh, okay, time's up!
哦,好,时间到!
Rachel: All right, I got 48.
好了,我写出48个州。
Chandler: Oh, that's not bad, Pheebs.
还不错,菲比。
Phoebe: Oh, I got tired of naming states. So I decided to list the types of celery, and I have one: regular celery.
我厌倦了写州名,所以决定写出各种芹菜的名字。我写了一个普通芹菜。
Chandler: Okay, so Rachel's got 48 and Phoebe has the lead in vegetables, Joey?
瑞秋写出48个,菲比在蔬菜名称方面称霸,乔伊呢?
Joey: Say hello to the new champ of Chandler's dumb states game.
跟钱德勒愚蠢州名游戏的新冠军打声招呼吧。
Ross: Wow, how many have you got?
哇,你写了几个?
Joey: Fifty-six!
56个!
Joey: Hey! How is New England not a state? Huh? They have a sports-team!
嗨!新英格兰怎么不是州?嗯?他们有个运动队!
Chandler: Does South Oregon have a sports-team? There you go.
南俄勒冈有运动队吗?明白了吧?
Rachel: How come we have one extra place setting?
我们怎么会没有多余的座位了呢?
Monica: Because you invited your assistant.
因为你邀请了你的助理。
Rachel: Oh, right. Sorry. But Tag's not coming; his girlfriend came into town, so he's spending Thanksgiving with her.
对了,抱歉,泰格不来了。他女朋友来了,所以他得去陪她过感恩节。
Monica: Oh! Why didn't you tell me? I made him his own individual sweet potato stuffed pumpkin.
你为什么没有告诉我,我专门给他做了甜土豆馅南瓜。
Rachel: Well, I was going to, but then I figured, you know...you're food is so delicious and perfect, you can never have too many of those pumpkin things.
我本来想说的,可后来我意识到,你知道……你做的饭太好吃了,那些南瓜之类的东西绝对剩不下。
Monica: Now you think I wouldn't enjoy that, because it is so fake, but I still do.
这话太假了,你以为我不会接受。不过我还是很高兴
Phoebe: Regular Celery! Oh, I already have that.
普通芹菜!哦,已经有了。
Ross: Done! With time a-to-spare.
搞定!提前交卷喽!
Chandler: Oh that may be a New World's record.
唔,这可能是新的世界纪录呢!
Ross: You know, I hate to lecture you guys, but it's kinda disgraceful, that a group of well-educated adults and Joey can't name all the states. Did you ever see a map, or one of those round, colorful things called a "globe?" Hmm?
你知道,我不想在你们面前说教,可你们不觉得羞愧吗?这样一群受过良好教育的成年人,再加上乔伊,竟然不能写出所有的州,你们没看过地图或那种的圆圆的,花花绿绿的叫“地球仪”东西吗?嗯?
Chandler: Uh, Magellan? You got 46 states.
麦哲伦先生?你只答对了46个州。
Ross: What? That's impossible.
什么?不可能!
Joey: 46. Wow! Who's well educated now, Mr. I-forgot-ten-states?
46个,现在是谁枉费良好教育了,“漏了十个州”先生?
Monica: I'm out of oven space. I'm gonna turn on Joey's. Please, watch him! Do not let Joey eat any of the food!
我要借用乔伊的烤箱。拜托看好他!别让乔伊偷吃东西!
Chandler: I am only one man! Okay Ross, time is up!
我只有一个人!好啦,罗斯,时间到!
Ross: No, just give me another minute.
别,再给我一分钟。
Chandler: Look Ross, if you don't know them by now, you will never know them, okay? That is the beauty of this game. It makes you want to kill yourself.
罗斯,你瞧,如果现在想不出来,你永远都想不出来,好吗?这才是这个游戏的魅力所在。它会让你想要杀了自己。
Ross: This is crazy! I can do this! All right, I bet I can get all 50 before dinner.
不能够!我能搞定!这样吧,我保证在晚饭前写出所有50个州。
Chandler: Okay, but if you can't. no dinner!
好吧,但你写不出来就不能吃晚餐。
Ross: You're on!
就这么说定了。
Joey: All right. Don't look at my list, Ross, because there's a lot on there that you don't have.
行了。别看我的答案,罗斯。好多你想不起来的都在上面写着呢。
Monica: Hey, did you guys know, that your oven doesn't work?
嗨,你们知道你们的烤箱已经没法用了吗?
Joey: But the drawer full of take-out menus is okay, right?
但装着外卖菜单的抽屉还能用,对吧?
Monica: Ross, I'm gonna use yours, okay?
罗斯,我要借用你的烤箱,好吗?
Monica: Chandler, give me a hand.
钱德勒,快来帮我。
Chandler: Sure, and Joey do not let Ross look at any of the maps or the globe in your apartment.
好,乔伊,别让罗斯看你房间的地图或地球仪。
Joey: Don't worry, Chandler, it's not a globe of the United States.
别担心,钱德勒,没有关于美国的地球仪。
Phoebe: Hey you guys I'm gonna go out and take a walk.
嗨,各位,我要去散步。
Ross: Phoebe, why is your bag moving?
菲比,你的包包为什么在动?
Phoebe: Oh, it's not!
哦,没有啊!
Rachel: Seriously, it's moving!
真的,它在动!
Joey: What the hell is in there?
里面到底有什么玩意?
Phoebe: It's just my knitting that's all! Yes! I knit this. I'm very good.
只有我的针织品!对,这东西是我编织出来的,我很棒!
Monica: Ross’s apartment is nice! How come we don't hang out here more often?
罗斯的公寓很好,为什么我们从不来这里玩?
Chandler: I don't know. Maybe it's because it smells a little weird. It's like old pumpkins or something.
或许是因为它有怪味道。有点像是放久的南瓜昧。
Monica: That's my pie!
那是我的派。
Chandler: Which smells delicious!
这个味道好香。
Monica: Uh-oh! Uh-oh!
哦!哦!
Chandler: What?
怎么了?
Monica: We left Joey alone with the food! Yep! Yep, I knew it! There he is feeding stuffing to a dog!
我们让乔伊跟食物独处。没错,我就知道。他在拿馅料喂小狗吃!
Phoebe: Hi, Geller Bing residence. How can I help?
你好,这里是盖勒及宾的家,有什么事吗?
Monica: Phoebe, why is there a dog in our apartment?
菲比,为什么我们家会有狗?
Phoebe: I'm sorry, who's this?
对不起,你是谁?
Monica: Phoebe, there's a dog sitting on my couch!
菲,有只狗坐在我的沙发上!
Chandler: Tell her, I'm allergic, and I will sue!
告诉她我对狗过敏,我会告她!
Phoebe: No, there's no dog here.
没有,这儿没狗。
Monica: Yes there is! He's black and white and shaggy and he's sitting next to Rachel and licking Rachel's hand.
就在那儿!黑白色的长毛狗!它在瑞秋旁边,正舔她的手。
Phoebe: Oh my god! Where are you?
哦天啊!你在那儿?
Monica: I'll be right there!
我这就过去!
Phoebe: They're here already? How are they doing this?
他们已经到了?他们怎么办到的?
Rachel: Hi Tag! What are you doing here?
嗨,泰格!你来做什么?
Tag: I wanted to see if your offer to spend Thanksgiving with you is still good.
我想知道,你邀请我一起过感恩节的提议是否还有效。
Rachel: Well, sure! Come in! Well, what happened to your girlfriend?
哦,当然!进来!你的女朋友怎么了?
Tag: We kinda broke up this morning.
今天早上我们分手了。
Rachel: Oh, I'm sorry.
我很遗憾。
Tag: Yeah, so she went back to Ohio.
所以她回俄亥俄去了。
Ross: Ohio! Thank you!
俄亥俄州!谢谢你。
Chandler: Huh! Where is the dog? !
狗在哪里?
Ross: What dog? There's no dog here.
什么狗?这里没有狗。
Joey: Yeah that dog left!
那只狗离开了!
Monica: Phoebe! Phoebe, open up!
菲比!菲比,快开门!
Phoebe: There's no dog in here.
这儿没狗。
Chandler: Phoebe, we can hear the dog barking!
菲比,我们听见狗在叫了!
Phoebe: No that's just me coughing! Oh, good, there you are! Listen, I have a dog in my room.
不是啊,我在咳嗽!哦,好吧,你们在这儿听着,我屋里有条狗。
Chandler: What is it doing here?
它在这里做什么?
Phoebe: Well, I'm watching it for some friends who went out of town. Wait. Hello, my name is Clunkers. May I please stay with you nice people?
哦,我替几个到外地去的朋友照看它。等一下你好,我叫克朗克,我能和你们这些好人待在一起吗?
Monica: Oh, I wish she could stay here, but Chandler is allergic!
哦,我也想让她留下来,可钱德勒过敏!
Chandler: Extremely allergic, okay? If I'm anywhere near a dog for more than 5 minutes, my throat will just close up!
严重过敏,知道么?如果我离狗太近超过5分钟,我的喉咙就会闭合!
Phoebe: That's odd. This dog's been living here for the past three days.
那就怪了,这狗已经待在这里3天了
Chandler: Really?
真的吗?
Monica: Chandler, if that dog's been here that long, and you haven't had a reaction, maybe you're not allergic to this dog?
钱德勒,如果它在这里住了那么久,你一点反应都没有,或许你对它不会过敏。
Chandler: Well, it still has to go, right?
那它还是要走,对吧?
Monica and Phoebe: Why?
为什么?
Chandler: Okay, it's um…
好吧,因为……唔……
Joey: Don't do it!
别说!
Monica: Don't do what?
别说什么?
Chandler: I have to! Okay? It's time! Okay, I hate dogs.
我必须说!知道吗?是时候了!好吧,我讨厌狗。
Monica: What? !
什么?!
Phoebe: That's crazy!
太疯狂了!
Ross: Are you out of your mind?
疯了吧!
Joey: Told you.
我早跟你说过了。
Chandler: They are needy, they are jumpy, and you can't tell what they are thinking, and that scares me a little bit.
它们肮脏,神经质,你根本不知道它们在想什么,多吓人啊!
Ross: Right, they are scary. She just ate a treat out of my hand! !!
对,它们很吓人。啊,她刚从我手上吃了点东西!
Rachel: Wait a minute. Do you not like all dogs? I mean, not even puppies?
等一等。你讨厌所有的狗?我是说,狗宝宝也讨厌?
Chandler: Is there a puppy here?
这儿有条狗宝宝?
Tag: You don't like puppies?
你不喜欢狗宝宝?
Chandler: Okay, you are new!
好,你是条新的!
Joey: Look, Chandler, I told you, never tell anyone about this dog thing. It's like Ross not liking ice cream.
看,钱德勒,我跟你说过。别跟其他人说你不喜欢狗。这就像罗斯不喜欢冰淇淋。
Phoebe: You don't like ice cream?
你不喜欢冰淇淋?
Ross: It's too cold.
太冰了!
Chandler: Okay, it's just that dogs make me a little uncomfortable.
好吧,就是那条狗让我难受。
Ross: It hurts my teeth.
让我牙疼。
Chandler: And I don't wanna say this, I don't you guys to hate me, but I don't think, I can be around that dog anymore. Okay, so either the dog goes, or I go. Oh my god!
我不想这么说,我不希望你们讨厌我,但我不能待在这只狗的周围,所以不是那只狗走,就是我走。我的天啊!
Ross: How can I not get this? I'm a college professor; I got 1450 on my S.A.T. s.
我怎么可能答不出来?我可是大学教授。我毕业会考得了1450分。
Monica: 1250.
1250分。
Ross: Damn, I forgot you were here.
该死,我忘了你在这里。
Phoebe: All right. We're gonna take Clunkers to Ross’s. We'll be back in a minute.
好吧,我们得把克朗克送到罗斯家。马上就回来。
Rachel: Oh, wait before you guys go, can I just ask you a question?
在你们离开前,我能问你们一个问题吗?
Rachel: When a guy breaks up with his girlfriend, what is an appropriate amount of time to wait before you make a move?
当一个男的刚和女朋友分手,你要等多长时间再行动比较合适?
Phoebe: Oh, I'd say about a month.
哦,我觉得是一个月。
Monica: Really? I'd say 3 to 4.
是么?我觉得是三到四个月。
Joey: Half hour.
半小时。
Rachel: Interesting.
真有趣。
Monica: When it's your assistant, I would say never.
至于你的助理,我觉得没戏。
Joey: All right, Rach, the big question is, does he like you? All right? Because if he doesn't like you, this is all a moo-point.
好把,瑞秋,关键是,他喜欢你吗?如果他不喜欢你,那这都对牛放屁。
Rachel: Huh. A moo-point?
对牛"放屁"?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's moo.
对,牛不知道你做了什么。那不重要。那是在"放屁"。
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
我是不是和他住在一起太长时间,还是那些话真有什么意义?
Monica: Please, don't listen to Joey, okay. Would you look at him? He’s obviously depressed. He's away from his family, he's spending Thanksgiving with strangers. What he needs right now is for you to be his friend.
拜托,别听乔伊的。你看看他,他明显很沮丧他远离家人,和陌生人一起过感恩节,他现在需要你这个朋友。
Rachel: You're right, I'm sorry. Thank you. Okay, that's what I'm gonna do.
你是对的,抱歉。谢谢你好了,我知道该怎么做。
Joey: Fine! Take their advice. No one ever listens to me. When the package is this pretty, no one cares what's inside.
行!听她们的!没人听我的!如果包装这么漂亮,没人关心里面装着什么。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
setting ['setiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲

 
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆
appropriate [ə'prəupriət]

想一想再看

adj. 适当的,相称的
vt. 拨出(款项)

联想记忆
drawer ['drɔ:ə]

想一想再看

n. 抽屉,拖曳者,制图员,开票人
(复)dr

联想记忆
allergic [ə'lə:dʒik]

想一想再看

adj. 过敏的,反感的

 
cow [kau]

想一想再看

n. 母牛,母兽
vt. 恐吓

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
uncomfortable [ʌn'kʌmftəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不舒服的,不自在的

 
depressed [di'prest]

想一想再看

adj. 沮丧的,降低的,不景气的,萧条的,凹陷的,扁平

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。